Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Powered CCTV Camera

Options
  • 21-03-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello,

Could someone give me help as to what kind of battery powered CCTV camera to buy, we can't use cables in this situation as the nearest source is over a mile away. This is only going to be used for general surveillance and a deterrent for burglars basically. Hope you can help.

Thanks,
    William

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

stuck2007 wrote: »
    Hello,

Could someone give me help as to what kind of battery powered CCTV camera to buy, we can't use cables in this situation as the nearest source is over a mile away. This is only going to be used for general surveillance and a deterrent for burglars basically. Hope you can help.

Thanks,
    William

To my knowledge there is no such thing, cameras are fond of power and use quite a bit so batteries would not really work out unless you change them every day.

All i can suggest is a solar panel keeping something like a car battery topped up, that supplying power to the camera and also to a wireless transmitter.
    The wireless receiver of course can be situated back on a building been supplied by mains power.

Ask the lads on the electrical forum about solar panels and what that entails.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I remember ams had a gas power unit that was an all in one camera and to.

Advertisement