Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cardiff City Vs Liverpool. Setanta. 3pm ko.

• 21-03-2014 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭

BjO4TOwIEAEOBGJ.png

Liverpools relentless march to the title continues with a tricky trip to the imaginatively named "Cardiff City Stadium".

After not even breaking a sweat in last weeks stroll in the park against Man Utd,Liverpool look to rack up their sixth win on the trot for the first time since...god knows when but ages ago anyway.

Can Liverpool do it? I think so. Who's with me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Suarez to destroy them, he can't do it on the big games so this is more his level AM I RITE?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Yes, I believe I'll go along with this...Liverpool to win 0-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Lot of green W's there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

BMJD wrote: »
    Suarez to destroy them, he can't do it on the big games so this is more his level AM I RITE?

Scored against Utd in the last game but that was hardly a big game for us, 3 pts in the bag before it begun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I hate when I start to feel really confident about Liverpool, because that's when bad things happen! Can't help it at the moment though, Liverpool to win 3-1 :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

BNMC wrote: »
    Aye.

It was a fifa related joke... but well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

liverpool by 3 goals. They bully the sh1t out of sides like cardiff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

One win and they all come out!

I'm going for a two goal win tomorrow, rumours that agger isn't travelling with the squad. Who knows if it's true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Could find it difficult against a Cardiff team that are fighting for survival and will get themselves up for this game.

I think Liverpool will win this one but only by 5 goals this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Too much optimism, so I refrained from putting liverpool in my accumulator to offset it.

No agger and cardiff with a few tall guys could be a blessing in disguise

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

2-0 I'll go with tomorrow. Cardiff to hold Liverpool till HT and a goal from Sterling and Suarez to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I think im more worried about Cardiff than i was about Utd,1 nil will do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 7h
    24 - Liverpool have scored more goals before the 25th minute of PL games this season (24) than Cardiff City have in total (23). Firepower

If Liverpool get an early goal it could be a mauling. They way we're playing if we score 2 we could score 6.
    Cardiff should be well up for it though considering their league position.

Going for a Liverpool win. Suarez for a hat-trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

tomorrow i will mainly be singing " and now you're gonna believe us" and "we are liverpool tra la la la la.....". i love those songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Disappointing draw.

Cardiff to open scoring from set-piece and defend like whirling dervishes until the 93rd minute when Sturridge pokes one in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think this might be a tricky one for Liverpool.

Think ill go 1-2, with Liverpool getting a winner with 15-20 minutes to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

mike65 wrote: »
    Disappointing draw.

Cardiff to open scoring from set-piece and defend like whirling dervishes until the 93rd minute when Sturridge pokes one in.

BEELIEEEEEVE:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This'll be just like last week...

handy win for Liverpool obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

We should win well today...the lads have the bit between their teeth and even when we don't play well we still win which is encouraging.

Cardiff are not quite the banana skin we are all lead to believe, BR is the man with the plan and our firepower says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Cardiff big favourites obviously but I think Liverpool might just nick it.

4-6.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

1-1 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

1-3 away win, S&S&S with the goals, Campbell with late consolation. At least thats what I have my money on, which means it wont happen of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Saurez hatrick, Sturridge hatrick, brace from Sterling. 9-1 Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'm changing my mind. All this optimism is giving me a feeling of impending doom. We're long overdue a slip up. 2-1 to Cardiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

mingolet hat trick 0-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

barone wrote: »
    mingolet hat trick 0-3

Followed by a Skrtel hat trick 3-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Followed by a Skrtel hat trick 3-3.

That score line and those scores is only 10/1 in powers. The Liverpool market is always skewed.

I predict a unpredictable snoozefest up to the 85th minute with Cardiff 6 penalties before the 90 minute mark. Gerrard chips them all down the middle and scores.
    In the 20 minutes (ole Gunnar got a watch from Ferguson for his birthday) injury time the obligatory Skrtel Hatrick of own goals levels it for Cardiff - Skrtel ogs being worth double in injury under some obscure rule found In The English game by an Irish soccer discussion board.
    Said rule also stipulates that 'in the event of a six all draw, both teams must nominate one player to take part in a dance-off.'
    Sturridge is nominated as the Liverpool dancer but he strains his left knee in the kick off and foolishly was left on by The Rodgers.
    It okay though as 00 agent Steven Gerrard has got his decks with him and proceeds to blast out some Classic Phil Collins that just invigorates the Studge and he blows away Gary Medel and his swan lake performance.
    Bellamy wishes Liverpool well in a letter read out by sky in lieu of an interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'm changing my mind. All this optimism is giving me a feeling of impending doom. We're long overdue a slip up. 2-1 to Cardiff.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Ole off the bench to nab 2 late goals for Cardiff in a come from behind 2-1 for the home side

• Advertisement

I'll take 1-0 to Liverpool in the worst scrappiest game of all time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

^ Yup, 3pts today by any means possible would be just fine.

Maye83 wrote: »
    ^ Yup, 3pts today by any means possible would be just fine.

Style is irrelevant to me now.

Just get 3 points is the motto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

rarnes1 wrote: »

Especially in tricky away games like these.

I'd love to see them put 3 or 4 past them obviously, but a W by any means is what matters at this stage.

T'will be interesting viewing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

rarnes1 wrote: »

But its the style that wins the games. 8 victories out of 10 hasn't happened by accident.

mike65 wrote: »
    But its the style that wins the games. 8 victories out of 10 hasn't happened by accident.

We won plenty of games this season where the football hasn't been magnificent.

As I said anyway will do.

1% possession and one shot on target. The goal an OG from a deflection off the refs banjo string will suffice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

One things for sure this will be a lot tougher than United last week who put up absolutely zero fight.
    Watched a bit of Cardiff over the last few weeks, they arent a bad side just missing that bit of luck, they better not get it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Dya know how when youre playing football manager and youre winning games 3/4/5-0 but you know the in-game AI will remwmber this and work against you later in the season for that, by giving you a few games where you have 20 shots but dont score?

That terrible feeling is upon me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

A bore 0-0.

Suarez sent off.

Marshall to make 20 worldie saves and stop 8 penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Reckon we concede a sloppy early goal but rally to come out 3-1 winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Three points or Rodgers out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Hoping for a 1-0 Cardiff win after Suarez is sent off in the 3rd minute for biting the referee and is banned for 1000 games.

But I'd be very happy with a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Very tricky match. Cardiff away has been tricky enough for the bigger clubs this seasons. They'll be up for this and will create an atmosphere. Let's not forget the Hull City away debacle.

Ultimately, I'm hoping for a few early optimistic BNMC posts and thanking of anything anti LFC related before the usual disappearing act just after he says 'stay classy'. If that happens, we've had a good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

djPSB wrote: »
    A bore 0-0.

Suarez sent off.

Marshall to make 20 worldie saves and stop 8 penalties.

You've been listening to Paul Merson too much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Dont care about the score as long as Liverpool win the game. Dropping points today would be a huge dissappointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I'd take any kind of victory for liverpool today. I'm still resisting the urge to believe

Imma gonna get out now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

We're playing great football most of the season. Definitely since christmas. Belief is very high within the squad. Touching distance of top spot. Today we're playing a side favourites for relegation. Nothing can go wrong.
    It's quiet in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

dr ro wrote: »
    We're playing great football most of the season. Definitely since christmas. Belief is very high within the squad. Touching distance of top spot. Today we're playing a side favourites for relegation. Nothing can go wrong.
    It's quiet in here.

I'd rather be playing a team who have nothing to play for tbh, today is gonna be tough and I'm pessimistic as usual :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

1-3 pool
    Luis with two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Setanta Ireland or Setanta 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ultimately, I'm hoping for a few early optimistic BNMC posts and thanking of anything anti LFC related before the usual disappearing act just after he says 'stay classy'. If that happens, we've had a good day.

Haven't had the opportunity for a good ownage post in a while. Would welcome the opportunity today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement