Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cardiff City Vs Liverpool. Setanta. 3pm ko.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Full house.

Half time coming at the wrong time for us....wouldn't have said that 5 minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Nice play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Raf32 wrote: »
    Gerrard picking out people from 40 yards is a joy to watch.

Less so when you consider he should have walked by the half hour mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

New record for Pool in premiership there too, most goals ever scored in a season. Stats suck, but hey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Just a matter of time lads, we will break them down in the second half

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Allen is such a weak athlete. Very hard to get behind him unfortunately.

He's shocking today but he's been excellent for the last few matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Deserved a goal

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

spiralism wrote: »
    How is Gerrard still on the pitch? Always gets preferential treatment cause of who he is, classic case of high profile player getting the decisions.

Decision not going against an English international shocker! I'm sure it doesn't happen to Rooney and co, though..

What, like Rafael last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just a matter of time lads, we will break them down in the second half

I think Liverpool will definitely score again. Just depends can they keep the back door closed at the other end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You think a player should be sent off for two harmless fouls.

• Advertisement

Time to release Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

And ye mocked me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ya thats true could and should have walked. Liverpool will win this second half now anyways, Cardiff look shattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Gbear wrote: »
    We don't have enough subs available to take off everyone who deserves to be.

Hence why I'd take of at least 1 of the 2 I mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He's shocking today but he's been excellent for the last few matches.

I thought his performance against Utd was incredibly overrated.

His quality on the ball has been atrocious lately.
    For the welsh Xavi, that doesn't leave much else left.

niallo27 wrote: »
    You think a player should be sent off for two harmless fouls.

Only if they play for Liverpool.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He committed 2 fouls, neither dirty although there is an argument both could have been yellow. Should have walked is a bit OTT though.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Decision not going against an English international shocker! I'm sure it doesn't happen to Rooney and co, though..

Rooney's more likely to get a decision against him on sheer reputation alone, let's be honest.

High profile player though + english = cushy treatment. Only need to look at Lampard and Terry over the years to see that.
    5starpool wrote: »
    He committed 2 fouls, neither dirty although there is an argument both could have been yellow. Should have walked is a bit OTT though.

Isn't that a self contradiction? :confused:

Two cynical fouls when his man had beaten him. Both yellow card offences. Clear as day imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Gbear wrote: »
    I thought his performance against Utd was incredibly overrated.

His quality on the ball has been atrocious lately.
    For the welsh Xavi, that doesn't leave much else left.

Not sure what games you've been watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The only reason I'm not freaking out is due to the fact that Rodgers so far this season has always been able to adjust during matches - hopefully we'll see more control in the second half.

Flanagan needs a boot up the hole or replacing at this stage, he's been caught out too many times down that flank. I'd nearly put on Sterling for Coutihno too, although, barring a very poor shot which is standard for him at this stage, he's shown for the ball and kept things ticking over somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Rooney's more likely to get a decision against him on sheer reputation alone, let's be honest.

High profile player though + english = cushy treatment. Only need to look at Lampard and Terry over the years to see that.

Isn't that a self contradiction? :confused:

Rooney really? he gets away with just as much on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Lol at those thinking Gerrard should be off just lol. I've seen worse fouls in a game of subbuteo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

What, like Rafael last week?

Exactly like Rafael (and Flanagan) last week. Some strangely contrary opinions on a similar case this time around but I'm not bothered digging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

In fairness it's not always 100% the full-backs fault. He might be getting very little protection in front of him.

For the 2nd goal,watch Lucas stand still & shrug his shoulders in the build up,Gerard decided to play statues also.
    Easy to get up for games against United but there seems to be a "sure all we have to do is turn up attitude" today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

where was the pressing in that half? different tactics? some of our play has been great,but we look disjointed

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

D'Agger wrote: »
    The only reason I'm not freaking out is due to the fact that Rodgers so far this season has always been able to adjust during matches - hopefully we'll see more control in the second half.

Flanagan needs a boot up the hole or replacing at this stage, he's been caught out too many times down that flank. I'd nearly put on Sterling for Coutihno too, although, barring a very poor shot which is standard for him at this stage, he's shown for the ball and kept things ticking over somewhat.

Allen off in my opinion, terrible touch and passing today and had left Flanagan exposed 3 or 4 time now.

Terry, Rooney, Gerrard, etc all get decisions in their favour. It's not shocking at this stage.

Eight Ball wrote: »
    Lol at those thinking Gerrard should be off just lol. I've seen worse fouls in a game of subbuteo

They were cynical fouls when his man had beaten him in both cases which is always a yellow. If he wasn't English he'd be off the pitch now

Like the last post said though, nothing new. Half of Terry and Lampard's legacy is built on that sort of craic.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

They were cynical fouls when his man had beaten him in both cases which is always a yellow. If he wasn't English he'd be off the pitch now

Cardiff have had two of them on Countinho and neither was a yellow either?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lads don't bother disputing it, it makes you look silly. It was a cynical foul like you see every weekend, it was a yellow. He got away with it. It's nothing new. The England stars like him, terry, rooney, etc get certain leeway. We all know it.

He'll have to be very careful in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Like the last post said though, nothing new. Half of Terry and Lampard's legacy is built on that sort of craic.

2nd one was a harmless foul. Every player gets a chance or two when thee on a yellow. Games would be ruined if players were sent off for them challenges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

zerks wrote: »
    For the 2nd goal,watch Lucas stand still & shrug his shoulders in the build up,Gerard decided to play statues also.
    Easy to get up for games against United but there seems to be a "sure all we have to do is turn up attitude" today.

Lucas really ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Time for Rodgers to show his tactical nous again because this just isnt working.

There was 3 games in the run in I was worried about Cardiff, West Ham and Crystal Palace away. So far my worry is warranted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Their first goal was absolutely amateur hour stuff from Liverpool.

Liam O wrote: »
    Exactly like Rafael (and Flanagan) last week. Some strangely contrary opinions on a similar case this time around but I'm not bothered digging.

Never denied Flanagan shouldn't have been sent off last week. I think I said he should have been subbed as soon as he made that challenge late-ish in the second half in the match thread actually. But if Rafael rightfully gets sent off in the first place, I highly doubt Flanagan asks a question of the ref later on.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I dont think its possible to win the league defending like Liverpool. Going to come to grief eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lucas really ????

Pretty sure he was sitting. And didn't shrug at all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Please please please let us win...
    ps. please

Only the end of the goal unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

rob316 wrote: »
    Time for Rodgers to show his tactical nous again because this just isnt working.

There was 3 games in the run in I was worried about Cardiff, West Ham and Crystal Palace away. So far my worry is warranted.

Tactics are part of it but a manager cant legislate for his players having a mare. Agger, Flanaghan, Allen and Henderson all had rather poor halves. He can't switch them all.

A change of system might change their fortunes but the players have to get it together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

rooney should have a word with kenny cunningham

no changes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

We are back to roller-coaster football matches (a la Fulham for example) after the leisurely Sunday drive down Wicklow way of last Sundays match.. my heart cant take this sh1t.. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This game reminds me of the stoke game

Man City
    1-0
    Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Flanagan needs to come off

Everyone keep Boom Bap! in mind.....a man who planned on pretending to have a dose of the trots so he could watch the game, who has probably sh*t himself for real after that first half performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Poor again from Flanagan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

No one near Skrtyl and he kicks it out for a corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Poor again from Flanagan.

Shocking today, as is Allen.

The rest of the Pool players doing well

• Advertisement
Advertisement