Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda CRZ Buying Advice

• 21-03-2014 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

At the moment I am looking to upgrade my current car to something relatively new and the Honda CRZ seems to be an ideal car.

I know nothing about the reliability of the CRZ, so at the moment I am only interested in it based on looks and the claimed fuel economy.

I've gotten the following results from cargiant.co.uk regarding MPG. I would like to think they're relatively accurate. Can anyone confirm these?

Fuel Consumption
    • EC Combined (mpg): 56.5
    • EC Extra Urban (mpg): 64.2
    • EC Urban (mpg): 46.3

My main concern is reliability. So I would like to know about the engine and how good or bad of a reputation these cars have. My current car is an 88 Nissan Bluebird which I have owned for 8 years - its the only car I have ever owned. I'm used to the old skool mechanics of the Bluebird, and the ideas of a hybrid were slightly worrying at first.

So, in summary, some general info on the CRZ and reliability would be much appreciated. I have tried various UK-based forums (I'm planning on buying from the UK) and got little response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Try www.crzforum.com - a lot of the members are US based, but there are a few UK ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Are you selling the Bluebird? ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

I have only seen one in a Honda dealership sales were so poor in europe honda has cancelled selling it so parts could be expensive ... perhaps Madlad could steer you in the right direction ......!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

I wouldn't worry about reliability on a hybrid , especially seeing how good Prius' are and Afterall it's a honda and even better if it's built in japan , which I'd say it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Many thanks for the replies. I will be sure to check out the CRZ forum, hopefully I will get some advice there too. As for my Bluebird, I hope to hold onto it until I pick up my new car, mid to late April hopefully. Parts availability never really came to mind until now, its certainly another thing I will have to look into. I still have not gotten a lot of info on the reliability of these, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot on the net, perhaps that is a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 paddymaher

I have a Civic Hybrid that uses the IMA system (integrated motor assist).
    Reliability is very very good. My 2003 hybrid civic has been not given me any issues only the normal wear & tear & gives 55 mpg.
    My main concern with the CRZ is the 2nd battery. I think the warranty on the 2nd battery is 8 years but I might be wrong.
    Very few in Ireland for sale so I think the best option is buy the GT model from the UK.

Has anyone bought a CRZ as I would love to hear the feedback from Irish buyers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

I've had the CRZ for 6 months now ....and it drives as good as it looks ! I've not had an ounce of trouble so far . Driving in ECONOMY mode defo makes a big difference, fuel wise, and the IMA keeps u informed of the cars performance. Its a thumbs up from me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

OP bought a peugeot RCZ instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Its a great looking motor ....hope he has luck with it :)

Advertisement