Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

is there any rule against the players having a couple of stiff vodkas before they come out?

a few helps the darts and snooker

do they drug test for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Some show by Ronnie he really wants to get it done and dusted tonight! Just on Robertsons achievement I saw the likes of Steve Davis saying yes it's a hundred but there are a lot more tournaments to achieve this, so even old pros like Davis don't seem that impressed by his achievement or maybe they don't like him. also isn't Trump and Robertson managed by the same crowd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

is this the last frame tonight?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Man Hawkins getting olbiterated tonight. Best I've seen Ronnie in the tournament so far.

• Advertisement

yeah plus he will have won the quarter final and semi final both with a session to spare. I assume the other final session will be on in the afternoon if ronnie wins this tonight

Some show by Ronnie he really wants to get it done and dusted tonight! Just on Robertsons achievement I saw the likes of Steve Davis saying yes it's a hundred but there are a lot more tournaments to achieve this, so even old pros like Davis don't seem that impressed by his achievement or maybe they don't like him. also isn't Trump and Robertson managed by the same crowd?

yes

if im not mistaken the number of matches has diluted the achievement

ok thanks. eurosport showing order of play after commercial break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What will happen with the spare session tomorrow?

other match morning and evening with some sort of exhibition on in between is what has been said on eurosport. anyone that has tickets to the afternoon session can come along to that instead.

lycan238 wrote: »
    other match morning and evening with some sort of exhibition on in between is what has been said on eurosport. anyone that has tickets to the afternoon session can come along to that instead.

Would prefer a refund if I was in that position to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

I'd be raging at ronnie if I'd bought a ticket for final session lol

thelad95 wrote: »
    Would prefer a refund if I was in that position to be honest.

If i was in that position I would make my decision when i see what the exhibition was. It may be good it may be bad.

lycan238 wrote: »
    If i was in that position I would make my decision when i see what the exhibition was. It may be good it may be bad.

No matter what it is it wouldn't beat seeing Ronnie play in the skin. Would be bad form if refunds weren't offered.

In all fairness when the championship started you sort of knew it would be the last session of the semi final in ronnie's half of the draw. I don't know if they are offering refunds I am only saying what i heard from eurosport.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

I think Neil Robertson at 5/1 to win the competition, with only 3 players left is great value.
    He will make a comeback and beat Selby and will up his game against Ronnie in the final.

Or maybe I'll lose all my money and Ronnie will have the competition wrapped up on Sunday. Who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

yes

if im not mistaken the number of matches has diluted the achievement

robbo 114 matches got 100 100s

Was trying to find somewhere for a detailed breakdown of where Robertson exactly made his centuries but no luck as of yet. If they're including all tournaments - ranking events, championship leagues etc - then he had 114 matches this season before he got his 100 tons. I wouldn't downplay the achievement, he was so far ahead of every other player it speaks for itself. What is notable is that Ronnie got 46 centuries, although he only played around half the total matches Neil did, so if he pushed himself - a big if, of course - O'Sullivan might not be far behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

If Ronnie keeps his current form up he'll steamroll pretty much anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Had to go out for the last hour, they're still playing! How long has this session run over by?

Still great what I have seen so far today though.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Had to go out for the last hour, they're still playing! How long has this session run over by?

Still great what I have seen so far today though.

I think they only let it continue because their is no game in the afternoon, instead there is an exhibition or something. They started the final frame at 2 o clock which would normally never be allowed.

Fantastic game though. Both playing some great stuff. Every time Selby looks like he's going to pull away Robertson claws back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

This could go either way, both players have run each other into the ground and will have nothing left.

They will they try to do the same tomorrow and get destroyed by Ronnie. It's a formality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Really starting to like Selby as a character over the last couple of seasons. Was quite funny today, asking the crowd for suggestions on a shot and when the ref asked if he was happy when putting a ball back on a snooker. His response was hilarious.

Robertson is annoying. If he hears the slightest muffle in the crowd he has a head up looking in disgrace as some poor sod as probably opened a sweet wrapper. He has done it countless times so far this Championship. Next he'll want somebody removed for breathing to loud.

His over reaction jump around table IMO on his 100th century was cringy. That stat will be insignificant in years to come. Its all about winning tournaments.Would he give it up for a World Title, ****ing sure he would!!. I'd rather win a ranking tournament that 100 centuries in a season. Trump was right not to congratulate him at the time as he needed to refocus his game at an important time in game.

The safety battle today has been exceptional to watch today. Players refusing to give up frames.

I get the feeling Selby strikes the cue too hard. A good few times he has over hit a few shots and balls bouncing back outta the pockets.

Looking forward to tonight's slugfest. Not sure if this demanding game will be a positive or a negative going into the final against the Rocket but for sure whoever wins will have a great mental edge going into the final

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Much obliged thank you. Cuetracker has everything a snooker fan would need!

Could nitpick and ask why Neil didn't win more tournaments - only reached four finals out of 22 events played - but that's another story i guess, win a world title and that won't matter too much

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Really starting to like Selby as a character over the last couple of seasons. Was quite funny today, asking the crowd for suggestions on a shot and when the ref asked if he was happy when putting a ball back on a snooker. His response was hilarious.

Robertson is annoying. If he hears the slightest muffle in the crowd he has a head up looking in disgrace as some poor sod as probably opened a sweet wrapper. He has done it countless times so far this Championship. Next he'll want somebody removed for breathing to loud.

His over reaction jump around table IMO on his 100th century was cringy. That stat will be insignificant in years to come. Its all about winning tournaments.Would he give it up for a World Title, ****ing sure he would!!. I'd rather win a ranking tournament that 100 centuries in a season. Trump was right not to congratulate him at the time as he needed to refocus his game at an important time in game.

The safety battle today has been exceptional to watch today. Players refusing to give up frames.

I get the feeling Selby strikes the cue too hard. A good few times he has over hit a few shots and balls bouncing back outta the pockets.

Looking forward to tonight's slugfest. Not sure if this demanding game will be a positive or a negative going into the final against the Rocket but for sure whoever wins will have a great mental edge going into the final

definite negative

ronnie will have a huge advantage going in tomorrow fresh

This will go to the wire, they are flip flopping between aggressive style of play and safety shots. Whoever wins this frame will play it safe next. Difficult to watch.

One of hte best 37 breaks i've ever seen there....great snooker by selby

• Advertisement

What is Selby playing at here, surely there's not 73 left on the table

Advertisement