Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but here's as good a place as anywhere to ask it.

Occasionally on the wide angle shots from the bottom end of the table there is a red LED with 3 numbers on it.

Anyone know what that's for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but here's as good a place as anywhere to ask it.

Occasionally on the wide angle shots from the bottom end of the table there is a red LED with 3 numbers on it.

Anyone know what that's for?

Table temp I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

selby is dire to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

It's probably two numbers followed by the letter C for celsius, was on BBC the other day about the table temperature, which is somewhere near 20C if i remember correctly. According to Shaun Murphy, it is believed to be responible for the high number of kicks we are seeing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

is their a high number of kicks this year. seems less to me.:confused:

selby is dire to watch

Compared to last night it's unbelievable how bad Selbys safety is. He didn't miss barely any safety. I'm wondering is it nerves and the fact he is playing Ronnie. I'd say if it was Robertson instead he would be more confident having won already and have more belief

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Compared to last night it's unbelievable how bad Selbys safety is. He didn't miss barely any safety. I'm wondering is it nerves and the fact he is playing Ronnie. I'd say if it was Robertson instead he would be more confident having won already and have more belief

I'd say it is nerves.....?

selby is drained from the long robertson match imo

squadro wrote: »
    selby is drained from the long robertson match imo

has to be

prob catching up with him now

• Advertisement

is their a high number of kicks this year. seems less to me.:confused:

Couldnt say really, there may well be fewer...but still far too many in games of this magnitude

you can see it in his eyes. he is wrecked. vicki,vicki, vicki:D

It is unfair that one semi-final has to finish late on saturday with final sunday afternoon, no reason why both s/fs couldnt be wrapped up by saturday afternoon, give players at least the chance of a good nights kip

beginning to look ominous for selby

is ronnies father still in prison or has he been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Come on Mark! Get your mojo back!

is ronnies father still in prison or has he been released?

he's out afaik

ronnie' dad been out over a year....no doubt co-inciding with his upsurge in form

wonder at what point hendry will declare the final over

The semi was late last night alright but it wasn't one of those slugfests where players were missing balls and running out of position all the time

Those are the matches that take a lot out of ya i reckon. Last night was excellent safety, excellent long pots and excellent breaks. Just long coz it went 17 15.

excellent safety empties the tank imo

• Advertisement

Actually just checked...ronnie's dad released in 2010....didnt think it was that long back!!

excellent safety empties the tank imo

Yeah and Parrot just reminded me of those few frames where balls were missed to get passed snoopers required stage

think the long distance running that ronnie enjoys benefits him in the longer matches too.

Basically has to draw the remaining 6 frames tonight to have any meaningful chance.....am certain selby will be in better nick tomorrow (as if he can be much worse in fairness!!)

god be with the days of the late great eddie charlton. with selby only managing 40 odd break i think eddie might have fancied his chances in this one.

steady eddie a blast from the past lol

remember hearing once that eddie never ever put side on the white ball....but cant say for sure if there's any truth in that!

remember the match eddie was involved in that went on so long they brought out a cup of cocoa for him. cant remember who his opponent was.

Selby will have to make this pay

hasn't been scoring enough

steady eddie a blast from the past lol

remember hearing once that eddie never ever put side on the white ball....but cant say for sure if there's any truth in that!
    would have suited eddie better if they boarded up the pockets.

• Advertisement

Guarantee eddie would give ronnie a better game than selby is here

This frame in danger of slipping away too

Advertisement