Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

selby could make a battle of it tomorrow If he wins the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Get in! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

selby could make a battle of it tomorrow If he wins the next one

He will surely play better tomorrow too. Ronnie hit him a few sucker punches last half hour and he's still standing....still a flicker of hope

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

a little tlc from vicki tonight,good nights kip and a bowl of porridge in the morning shur selby will be brand new in the morning.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

What did your man say?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

F*ckin clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Any idea what that person just said to get thrown out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What was the shout out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is that not the 3rd re rack?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Third re-rack of the night

• Advertisement

"horse tooth jackass" maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

There have been two re-racks now and on both occasions I think the BBC commentators didn't explain why exactly. What are the circumstances that can lead to a re-rack?

Couldnt hear what he shouted but seriously doubt they actually threw him out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

LOL check the list of nicknames on Selby's wiki page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Selby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I don't get snooker, you can do nothing to get control back. All one can do is sit there. Can't tackle or put off opponent .

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is that not the 3rd re rack?

There was one before those two took over commentary, they probably forgot about that one.

a sneaky fart is the most common weapon down my local club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Should be allowed to put player off, to dance in his line of sight or to make funny faces. It would be far more entertaining .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I just tuned in. Did one of the boys get abused verbally?

He really needs to clear up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

2 smashing recovery shots and then a decent safety to setup the break from Selby. Ronnie not in top form.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭paddyref

Great chance for Selby to close the gap,he will be much happier with that scoreline than Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Still in it 10-7

Will be interesting tomorrow .

Fair fux to selby...hung in there when could have just lay down and died, great competitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

What time is it on tomorrow have not watched snooker in years really enjoyed watching last night and today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

anthonyos wrote: »
    What time is it on tomorrow have not watched snooker in years really enjoyed watching last night and today

2 pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

My interest in snooker has been growing in recent years when like many I drifted away from the sport after the golden age of Davies, Hendry and Taylor etc.. I've really enjoyed the action from Sheffield these past few weeks. I get the feeling that the sport is on the up again after many years in the doldrums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I get the feeling that the sport is on the up again after many years in the doldrums.

What the game really needs now is a cliffhanger final. If Selby can hit the ground running 2morro we might get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Delighted for Selby, has a fighting chance now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Birdnuts wrote: »
    My interest in snooker has been growing in recent years when like many I drifted away from the sport after the golden age of Davies, Hendry and Taylor etc.. I've really enjoyed the action from Sheffield these past few weeks. I get the feeling that the sport is on the up again after many years in the doldrums.

I beg to differ. 10-15years ago you had Higgins, Williams, O'Sullivan, Doherty,Hendry, Ebdon all playing at their peak. Any one of those players on their day was winning tournaments and many a battle was fought among them.

Game is full of journeymen now who seem happy to make a few quid(who can blame them). The tournament has been bland this year. Ronnie coasting apart for Perry to the final. Best game was Selby's semi final. I've never seen a worse top 16

Advertisement