Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Stop showing celebrities in the crowd for f*ck sake

Did Damien Hirst slyly give the camera the finger?

Some amount of prize money in snooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Piratez

It's going to be a long night to find out who the world champion will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

keith16 wrote: »
    Absolute joke to be doing that during the closing stages of a frame.

Stephen Fry is there too you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Ridiculous how lucky selby has been in this match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

MJ23 wrote: »
    Stephen Fry is there too you know.

I thought I was seeing things the first 14 times he was on camera.

Does this have to finish tonight by the way?

• Advertisement

I like Hendrys commentary telling how a player is going to strike the cueball for certain shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Hes having some serious run of the balls alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Hmm, a ronnie fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Someone needs to give Selby a slap, it's crazy how he's still in this match with the amount of chances he's wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Hes having some serious run of the balls alright.

leaves nothing on after him

• Advertisement

I like Hendrys commentary telling how a player is going to strike the cueball for certain shots

Agreed. Hendry much better than Willie Thorne who's too busy spotting celebrities and playing to people with earpieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Piratez

Yes it does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I thought I was seeing things the first 14 times he was on camera.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I don't know if there's a more boring player in World Snooker. Hiding behind the brown every chance he gets. You have to give it to him though it's a great tactic, Ronnie is prone to getting annoyed and it will probably cost him a few frames due to impatience.

edit: Ronnie trying to bring a red into play and Selby knocks it back into safety, truly remarkable stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 john_parrott

Agreed. Hendry much better than Willie Thorne who's too busy spotting celebrities and playing to people with earpieces.

cant stand thorne as a commentator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Why didnt ronnie play safe off the single red on the right side there as the black was covering all the reds..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

those stupid audience earpieces should be ditched

I don't know if there's a more boring player in World Snooker. Hiding behind the brown every chance he gets. You have to give it to him though it's a great tactic, Ronnie is prone to getting annoyed and it will probably cost him a few frames due to impatience.

edit: Ronnie trying to bring a red into play and Selby knocks it back into safety, truly remarkable stuff.

Yep. You don't go toe to toe with the most talented player in the world. Keeping it tight is definitely the way forward

allybhoy wrote: »
    Why didnt ronnie play safe off the single red on the right side there as the black was covering all the reds..

Frustration.

Selby such a negative player, really hope he loses now.

• Advertisement

He won't mind if it means he wins! But to be fair to Selby he normally is a great player to watch just this tournament he's failed to really hit any potting form and has had to rely on his safety and tactical game to win frames rather than just going out and hitting large breaks. The guy has over 300 centuries. I don't mind who wins but its frustrating seeing such a good player not hitting any good big breaks. Saying that if hitting 50s means he wins the title he won't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Ridiculous comment.

He's a far superior match player than O'Sullivan. This is a world final FFS.

BNMC wrote: »
    Ridiculous comment.

He's a far superior match player than O'Sullivan. This is a world final FFS.

What are you talking about? Do 5 world titles contribute nothing towards being a "match player"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 john_parrott

o sullivan wasting time here , frame over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

14-12 to Selby. I don't care how he plays as long as he wins!! :)

14-12 Selby. Both players in at the start. Long safety exchange. Selby in again but failing to close out the frame. Didn't even attempt the frame ball black

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Pity to see empty seats.

How long before o'sullivan starts messing with his tip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

What are you talking about? Do 5 world titles contribute nothing towards being a "match player"?
    Of course they do. Selby is better though.

Selby wouldn't have a hope of beating O'Sullivan in a shootout, nobody would.

He's playing to his strengths. His safety shot has been brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Hes the perfect player to beat O Sullivan, you can see his style working on Ronnie, wearing him down with long protracted games and safety play which forces Ronnie into taking the wrong shots. He doesn't allow Ronnie to get any rhythm going and Ronnie relies on that.

Can't see Ronnie pulling it back now, this is Selbys type of match.

• Advertisement

I don't see it happening but I would love to see Selby start getting his potting form back, I can see Ronnie finishing off the match strong. Saying that Selby has a great record against Ronnie so he'll know exactly what he has to do.

Advertisement