Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Think my Eurosport is a little behind everyone elses is the frame over for you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Think my Eurosport is a little behind everyone elses is the frame over for you guys?

It is indeed, sorry if we spoiled it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Frame over 3 minutes ago

Ah no problem, I knew he had it when McManus missed that blue anyway

Will Eurosport cover this match until the end, or are they like BBC haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Is that Ken and McManus done for the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Ken's right back in this quite amazingly. It's a poor standard and whoever progresses will have to up their performance hugely for the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Grimebox wrote: »
    Is that it over for the evening?

No, the match ends tonight. This is just the mid-session interval.

Eurosport will stick with it I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

eurosport never cut a match off they maybe switch from eurosport 2 to the main one thats it,they show every match in their entirity

Good break from McManus, not looking good for Doherty

• Advertisement

shocking rest shot hes blown this match mcmanus was sweating too

Think McManus has this frame unless he makes a mistake, the noise from the other table is so annoying even for viewers. Imagine trying to focus on a shot!

thats a ridiculous shot to take along the rails ffs Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

So there was no point setting it to record on BBC then!?!? Great. I hope ken wins. Just saw there he took 3 out of the last 4 frames. Has he a shot?

needs the next 5 to win, he blew it this morning he didnt wake up till the 7th frame of the session

SarahBM wrote: »
    So there was no point setting it to record on BBC then!?!? Great. I hope ken wins. Just saw there he took 3 out of the last 4 frames. Has he a shot?

He does not :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Choodefat

... Ken would need to pull out something special at this stage...like Kirk Stevens's (of old) special shooting powder..?!
    He seems to me to be playing at a faster pace than he used to years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Well Id say thats all folks

Choodefat wrote: »
    ... Ken would need to pull out something special at this stage...like Kirk Stevens's (of old) special shooting powder..?!
    He seems to me to be playing at a faster pace than he used to years ago...

Yeah, agreed. Also he missed a lot of key shots by whacking the ball out of it, that might have worked back in 1997 or whenever he won this but if I'm not wrong the jaws/pockets have changed somewhat since then?

Aww, the championship just got that bit less interesting

• Advertisement

Yeah, agreed. Also he missed a lot of key shots by whacking the ball out of it, that might have worked back in 1997 or whenever he won this but if I'm not wrong the jaws/pockets have changed somewhat since then?
    Yeah true...he seems a bit jumpy at times on shots, not like before, but still, fair play, hegot that far so more luck to him.

selby will win by a heavy margin the next day anyhow it was delaying the inevitable if he got through,Ken cannot break build anymore, selby would have embarrased him which im sure he will do to Alan Mc the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

is the bbc actually able to show the sessions that they're cutting short?

or has eurosport outbid them or something?

bit of a shocker the way they're carrying on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

puts to bed some of these conspiracy theories about big pockets and modern players anyhow

alan and ken not being able to pot a ball

or is that over-simplification?

is the bbc actually able to show the sessions that they're cutting short?

or has eurosport outbid them or something?

bit of a shocker the way they're carrying on

red button job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'd say the BBC isn't getting the viewership that they used to so elected to not show it all day

What's the craic with the bbc messing with the old snooker theme tune 'drag racer'? - classics are called classics for good reason, the feckers hah.
    Feck it I'm off for the first game of snooker in years - night all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

seanhynes wrote: »
    red button job

Only one match on Red button and on Saturday there was no red button game as they were showing final score. It's a pity because for Winbledon next summer they will have 6 or 7 games on the red button and not one game will be cut short.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Only one match on Red button and on Saturday there was no red button game as they were showing final score. It's a pity because for Winbledon next summer they will have 6 or 7 games on the red button and not one game will be cut short.

Ya it's just a choice of one match anymore on red button,they haven't even an evening session anymore on BBC ,Theyv cut back on it a lot u kind of need Eurosport if u want to watch it wall to wall ,Theyv given it a lot coverage and backing in comparison to the BBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Eurosport were my saving grace with the Olympics too..they show all.of the swimming. The BBC don't seem to think ppl want to watch the actual matches. They are all about replaying the black ball final and showing fancy stuff with Hawkeye and interviews. I like that stuff too but not when there is actual snooker going on.

Advertisement