Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enquiry about Eircom's 23% VAT

Options
  • 22-03-2014 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭

I was quoted a figure from an Eircom representative for home phone and broadband (I arranged this for my parents). There was no mention of VAT so I presumed that it was included in the figure that I was quoted. However this is not the case.

My bill is the figure that was quoted to me plus VAT at 23%

Shouldn't I have been informed when getting my quote that it was without VAT?

At my own premises I'm with a different provider and the figure that they quoted me is inclusive of the bill. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Del007 wrote: »
    I was quoted a figure from an Eircom representative for home phone and broadband (I arranged this for my parents). There was no mention of VAT so I presumed that it was included in the figure that I was quoted. However this is not the case.

My bill is the figure that was quoted to me plus VAT at 23%

Shouldn't I have been informed when getting my quote that it was without VAT?

At my own premises I'm with a different provider and the figure that they quoted me is inclusive of the bill. 
    Hi Del007

Sorry to hear of this, It's usally the case that prices are quoted inc VAT with the exception of busines accounts.

Have you contacted accounts (1901) in relation to this yet?

Thanks
    Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Here's an idea, why don't you ask for their details and contact accounts on their behalf? Or are you just paid to come here and tell people you'll check into something for them, and not actually do that? Because that's all I've ever seen you do in here.

Advertisement