Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menu options on top of screen not working on IE11?

Options
  • 22-03-2014 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

I was wondering could somebody help me please.
    I recently bought a new laptop that is running Windows 8 & Internet Explorer 11. When I go to the home page on boards & try to click on the sections at the top; Arts, Biz, Edu, Games, etc, none of the sub forums appear or when I double click on the sections, nothing happens. It's fine on Firefox but I prefer to use Internet Explorer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,613 ✭✭✭✭28064212

PWEI wrote: »
    I was wondering could somebody help me please.
    I recently bought a new laptop that is running Windows 8 & Internet Explorer 11. When I go to the home page on boards & try to click on the sections at the top; Arts, Biz, Edu, Games, etc, none of the sub forums appear or when I double click on the sections, nothing happens.
    Working fine here, try clearing your cache. Are you running it in app mode or desktop mode?
    PWEI wrote: »
    It's fine on Firefox but I prefer to use Internet Explorer.
    Ewww :eek::confused::pac:

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

28064212 wrote: »
    Working fine here, try clearing your cache. Are you running it in app mode or desktop mode?

Ewww :eek::confused::pac:

In only happens in desktop mode, its fine in App mode.
    It was fine when I first got the laptop a few weeks ago but only starting happening after I downloaded the Windows 8.1 update.

I prefer using explorer cause when I'm in boards the font size is much smaller on Firefox even though the screen resolution hasn't changed.
    Also got fed up with Firefox last year as it used to be the best at blocking popups but last year the popup blocker on Firefox was non-existent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement