Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Garda Station

Options
  • 22-03-2014 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just wondering if anyone knows what the protest outside Mullingar Garda Station is about? It seems to be a one man protest and its going on for the last few weeks. He's wearing an Eircom hi vis jacket and has a placard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Bad place for a protest! The Garda station is tucked out of the way. Nobody will see him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

It is a bad place for a protest, not much footfall!

From what I know, he was sacked from Eircom, and refused to hand his work van back, so Eircom reported it to the guards, who then seized the van from him.

Hence him protesting outside the Garda Station. He seems to want to keep working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paraqute

Jeepers that sounds very far fetched.....I might go over to him the next day I'm working in Mullingar and ask him what it's about, hopefully he won't think I'm being cheeky asking.

No, he'll be happy to tell his story to anyone who'll listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paraqute

infacteh wrote: »
    No, he'll be happy to tell his story to anyone who'll listen!

Do you know his name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Time Now Please

If Eircom sacked him why is he protesting outside the Garda station??, anyway there is a procedure that he will have to follow after he was sacked, no point protesting outside the Garda station, that won't get him anywhere.

Agreed. Here's a link with gives further information on the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 twotontony

It seems that he is not getting support from colleagues or other workers?

All he'll get outside the Garda Station is a dose of the flu.

Eircom don't seem to be too good at managing their billing process, do they?

They did manage, however, to grab €18.

God save us from the high and mighty private sector bunglers.

Advertisement