Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power Commander Opinions

• 22-03-2014 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just wondering what's people's opinion on the power commander?
    I've been thinking about gettin one but would like to hear off some people who have them or know a bit about them. Are they worth investing in? How would you rate them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What bike is it for? No point in getting one if you have a very fast bike already IMO. and just wanna milk more speeed! But it can solve other problems like flat spots and save you fuel etc with the right programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Smithy101

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What bike is it for? No point in getting one if you have a very fast bike already IMO. and just wanna milk more speeed! But it can solve other problems like flat spots and save you fuel etc with the right programming.

It's just for a CBR600 F4i. Bike was recently on the dyno n making good power for a stock bike (with just slip on can) I wouldn't be expect much in terms of bhp gains but just to clean it up throughout the rev range and maybe pick up 1 r 2 hp along the way. There'd be a K&N going on aswel b4 the PC n map.
    But I know there not cheap so just wondering are they worth the money for what you get out of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I;ve been wanting one for my 6rr for ages to help with low rev ranges (driving in and out of town daily is a bit guddery) but i haven't been able to justify the costs...

I think there is a pretty active 2nd hand market for them, might be an option for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Smithy101

jameshayes wrote: »
    I;ve been wanting one for my 6rr for ages to help with low rev ranges (driving in and out of town daily is a bit guddery) but i haven't been able to justify the costs...

I think there is a pretty active 2nd hand market for them, might be an option for you?

Ye I've been keeping an eye out for a 2nd hand one alrite, I'm in no major rush to get one but if I come across one for decent money I'll pick it up alrite! But finding a 2nd hand one that's the rite model isn't proving easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I was only looking into this recently for my SV.
    The Power Commander 3 looks good. I get a lot of backfires on my SV due to the can on it. I want to smooth it out essentially.

It can also be handy to simply have a setting for a set % less fuel is your taking it handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nah the money for them its not worth it mate, and you wont get any of the costs back if and when you sell the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alanooh

Get a Bazzaz unit, has traction control and a quick shifter, miles ahead of PC.

Advertisement