Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sys Pay

Options
  • 22-03-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I know one or two people here use Sys Pay so I thought I'd start a thread on it as I'm considering it over the SumUp solution. I'm starting to be drawn to the dedicated terminal as I think it looks way more official than putting it through a tablet.

From what I can tell from the site, it's €199 for the terminal, and 1.99% transaction fee.

If you only process larger amounts (~€100+) is it not better to get a terminal via the bank so that you can avoid the % fees?

I'm a bit confused with the info on the website, they say that payments can be processed online and over the phone - how does this work, and does anyone here use those features?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I have been using it for over a year now been very impressed with it so far and their customer service is absolutely superb. Fees are 49c for debit and 1.99% for credit our average transaction is only about €50 so we only really see debit cards. With the card processing over the phone I have never used that but as part of the deal you get the physical terminal for processing cards and then a virtual terminal for processing customer not present ones. I really should find out how that is done actually! I seem to remember someone saying they use that not so long ago so maybe they can chip in here if they see it. Looking at the site the payment structure seems to have changed since I signed up I seem to remember paying a monthly for X months up front and getting the device as part of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

jimmii wrote: »
    I have been using it for over a year now been very impressed with it so far and their customer service is absolutely superb. Fees are 49c for debit and 1.99% for credit our average transaction is only about €50 so we only really see debit cards. With the card processing over the phone I have never used that but as part of the deal you get the physical terminal for processing cards and then a virtual terminal for processing customer not present ones. I really should find out how that is done actually! I seem to remember someone saying they use that not so long ago so maybe they can chip in here if they see it. Looking at the site the payment structure seems to have changed since I signed up I seem to remember paying a monthly for X months up front and getting the device as part of that.

Thanks for the reply Jimmi! Do you feel that the terminal looks as legit as the more conventional ones? Do you ever get people looking at them suspiciously?

That's good about the 49cent for debit cards - I don't think SumUp offer a fixed price for them.

Their site mentions recurring payments and this is something I'm interested in. The site has no info on it from what I can see and the Live Chat isn't working, do you know much about it yourself?

Cianos wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Jimmi! Do you feel that the terminal looks as legit as the more conventional ones? Do you ever get people looking at them suspiciously?

That's good about the 49cent for debit cards - I don't think SumUp offer a fixed price for them.

Their site mentions recurring payments and this is something I'm interested in. The site has no info on it from what I can see and the Live Chat isn't working, do you know much about it yourself?

Device looks a lot better than the standard devices its a lot smaller a lot of people comment on how much easier it is to use because its easy to hold in your palm and is surprisingly light! No one has ever had a problem or questioned it at all.

Weird for the chat to not be working seems to be fine for me now. The plan I am on is a monthly plan but you pay it all as a lump sum yearly I think you can pay monthly but it works out more expensive I seem to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

jimmii wrote: »
    Device looks a lot better than the standard devices its a lot smaller a lot of people comment on how much easier it is to use because its easy to hold in your palm and is surprisingly light! No one has ever had a problem or questioned it at all.

Weird for the chat to not be working seems to be fine for me now. The plan I am on is a monthly plan but you pay it all as a lump sum yearly I think you can pay monthly but it works out more expensive I seem to remember.

So I decided to go for it in the end. Unfortunately we didn't make it through the approval process because they can't underwrite web design services :mad:

Back to square one, and judging by the silence over on the SumUp thread it looks like they're once again failing on their word delivering their bluetooth based reader so I wouldn't be too hopeful there at all.

Cianos wrote: »
    So I decided to go for it in the end. Unfortunately we didn't make it through the approval process because they can't underwrite web design services :mad:

Back to square one, and judging by the silence over on the SumUp thread it looks like they're once again failing on their word delivering their bluetooth based reader so I wouldn't be too hopeful there at all.

How weird! Did they say why they couldn't? I'm sure SumUp will get there in the end!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement