Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

static ip for a device on linksys ea4500?

Options
  • 22-03-2014 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

good morning lads,
    i amhaving a bit of a problem and was wondering if someone may be able to help!
    i am with upc, i have there thompson modem, i also have a linksys ea4500 connected and everything is working fine, my problem is networking its not my strongest point! i want to assign a static ip to a specific device on my home network, it is directly connected to the linksys, its showing up as connected so no problem there, i have the lynksys smart wifi setup on the laptop so its easy to configure things, my problem is how do i actually assign this device a static ip?
    i hope ive given enough info, if anyone could guide me through this i would be very greatfull!!
    thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You should be able to assign a static IP to a device based on its MAC address somewhere in the DHCP settings of the router, or from the IPv4 section of the devices network adapter properties. Either way, choose an IP address thats not in the DHCP address range, to avoid conflicts.

If thats too techy for you, ask again for clarification or Google, or try http://s3.amazonaws.com/szmanuals/86eaef4b5e2d29b472a2a13ff610fc19 page 24, for the router settings

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

thank you very much my friend that worked a treat,all done only took 15 minutes,much appreciated.
    have a good weekend!

Advertisement