Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clontarf exchange area removed from efibre map - why?

Options
  • 22-03-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Efibre was meant to be enabled in June 2014 according to the map a few months ago. Now the area is blank with no colour code.

Can you tell me when efibre will be available on the Clontarf exchange?

See the map details: http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Efibre was meant to be enabled in June 2014 according to the map a few months ago. Now the area is blank with no colour code.

Can you tell me when efibre will be available on the Clontarf exchange?

See the map details:  http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Hi notahappycamper

I can see what you are referring to and that does seem quite odd. I will need to look in to this further and request clarification on this. As soon as I have more info I will let you know right away.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Can I have an update on this please?

Hi notahappycamper

efibre operations have got back to me and advised that works to deliver efibre to clontarf/marino area have been postponed and at this moment in time no further commencement date has yet to be agreed.

The map will be updated and as soon as a date has been established however at present there is no further indication we can give however I have been informed that we should have more news on this in late May/early June if you would like to get back to me then.

Thanks

Al

Hi notahappycamper

efibre operations have got back to me and advised that works to deliver efibre to clontarf/marino area have been postponed and at this moment in time no further commencement date has yet to be agreed.

The map will be updated and as soon as a date has been established however at present there is no further indication we can give however I have been informed that we should have more news on this in late May/early June if you would like to get back to me then.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Can you give me an update on this please as the Clontarf area is now showing as e-Fibre is available )see link: http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ ) even though no new cabs have been installed?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi notahappycamper

I have looked into this. I understand what you are saying here. You are correct in saying that the efibre map does advise that efibre is now available in Clontarf, however I agree that this does appear to be an error as it has not quite rolled out as of yet. I have raised this with Operations for clarification.

As the shaded green area is a general indication of the availability of efibre in an area and does not guarantee that all of that area will be able to get efibre at once (as the work is done on a phased basis) a better way of checking for efibre availability at your own address is by periodically checking the Phone number checker attached which is updated as individual addresses are enabled.

Phone number Checker

thanks
    Colm

• Advertisement

Hi notahappycamper

I have looked into this. I understand what you are saying here. You are correct in saying that the efibre map does advise that efibre is now available in Clontarf, however I agree that this does appear to be an error as it has not quite rolled out as of yet. I have raised this with Operations for clarification.

As the shaded green area is a general indication of the availability of efibre in an area and does not guarantee that all of that area will be able to get efibre at once (as the work is done on a phased basis) a better way of checking for efibre availability at your own address is by periodically checking the Phone number checker attached which is updated as individual addresses are enabled.

Phone number Checker

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks, let me know what they say. Oh I know for definite e-fibre is not available yet in Clontarf as no cabs have been installed yet!

Hi notahappycamper

Phone number Checker

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks, let me know what they say. Oh I know for definite e-fibre is not available yet in Clontarf as no cabs have been installed yet!
    Hi notahappycamper

As soon as we have more information from operations we will let you know here.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 48 WIne Gums

Hi.

Is there any change in the eFibre situation for Clontarf/ Killester area ??
    Up to a few weeks ago, the map and other line checks stated that eFibre would be installed in August 2014.
    Now nothing.
    When I first checked, eFibre was to be installed in March 2013.
    The date keeps getting pushed out.

Please advise.................

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

The cabinets are being installed at present, shouldn't be long now.

WIne Gums wrote: »
    Hi.

Is there any change in the eFibre situation for Clontarf/ Killester area ??
    Up to a few weeks ago, the map and other line checks stated that eFibre would be installed in August 2014.
    Now nothing.
    When I first checked, eFibre was to be installed in March 2013.
    The date keeps getting pushed out.

Please advise.................
    Hi Wine Gumes

I can assure you that plans have not been cancelled - some dates have been delayed & some areas are in consideration for a new efibre launch date. Until the new dates are rescheduled the areas affected will not be listed on the coverage map.

More information on the Clontark/Killester area should be available in the next few weeks.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 WIne Gums

Hi.

Still no eFibre.

Up to last Friday 10th October 2014, the Eircom eFibre availability webpage stated eFibre would be installed in September 2014.
    Today Monday 13 October 2014, it states  "eFibre is not available yet in your area however let us alert you when it's available."
    The install date is being pushed for nearly 18 months now.
    Are we EVER getting eFilbre????

Please advise...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I've spoken to an Eircom engineer about 2-3 months ago and apparently the Dublin City Council interferred with the planning as they are trying to postpone until further notice for whatever daft reason.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I've spoken to an Eircom engineer about 2-3 months ago and apparently the Dublin City Council interferred with the planning as they are trying to postpone until further notice for whatever daft reason.
    Hi Guys

We hope to have more news re: efibre in Contarf in early 2015.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BG1234

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

We hope to have more news re: efibre in Contarf in early 2015.

Thanks
    Al
    Are you serious Al, will e-fibre not be available until 2015

I would really appreciate if one of the eircom reps could take up my questions. Just checked my phone number again, which is in the middle of the Clontarf area, and the phone number checker now tells me I am not even in an e-Fibre area. Wow, whats going on, the whole of Clontarf is shown as green on the eircom map and at one point my number was OK. There is a new green cabinet CLT1-009 on the offline map cabinet map at the end of Dollymount Road, which is fairly close to me, but I have no idea where this fits in to e-fibre plans. I really need some guidence as my existing broadbank is a mess and I need to do something. If eircom installation is way down the road in terms of timing, I just want to know that so I can switch provider if I have to. Currently it seems to me that eircom maps are providing misleading iformation to their customers?

I meant Dollymount Part

I meant Dollymount Park

BG1234 wrote: »
    I would really appreciate if one of the eircom reps could take up my questions. Just checked my phone number again, which is in the middle of the Clontarf area, and the phone number checker now tells me I am not even in an e-Fibre area. Wow, whats going on, the whole of Clontarf is shown as green on the eircom map and at one point my number was OK. There is a new green cabinet CLT1-009 on the offline map cabinet map at the end of Dollymount Road, which is fairly close to me, but I have no idea where this fits in to e-fibre plans. I really need some guidence as my existing broadbank is a mess and I need to do something. If eircom installation is way down the road in terms of timing, I just want to know that so I can switch provider if I have to. Currently it seems to me that eircom maps are providing misleading iformation to their customers?
    Hi BG1234

I'm not sure if I have replied to you already, it could have been a query very similar - apologies for any mix-up or delay on my behalf

II can confirm that efibre has indeed launched in Clontarf altthough not all cabinets & areas within Clontarf are efibre enabled. The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets rather unlike regular or NGB broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade.

There is a message located directly above the map pointing out that the efibre coverage map stating :

"Our interactive map shows a quick guide to the areas where eFibre is rolling out. Click on a shaded area below. Please note: this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To determine if efibre is available at your home, please enter your home phone number or address into out interactive tool"

The efibre roll out team have advised me that works to enable more cabinets and efforts to bring efibre to as much areas within Clontarf will continue in to the future and having looked at plans for your specific area I'm happy to confirm that efibre planning have indicated that efibre will be available to you within the next three months. There is a cabinet being worked on in just off St.Gabrielles rd at the top of Dollymount pk (beside the church)

Al

Advertisement