Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for over 4 months!

Options
  • 22-03-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

We have exhausted all the relevant avenues of communication in Eircom.
    It has been over 4 months since a technician from Eircom first called to our house and while we received a phone line 8 days ago we still have no broadband. This is completely unacceptable.
    We bought a house in Dublin last year. It had an existing, working phone line. A technician called out in November to check about Broadband, disconnected the line from the house and wrapped it around a nearby pole where it (the exact same line!!) was reconnected 8 days ago.
    Our only communication with Eircom since has been at our initiation. We have been passed from Sales to Technical services to 'escalation.' We are constantly told we'll hear back within 10 working days which has never happened. We have engaged with ComReg on numerous occasions, none of which made any difference.
    Eircom's customer service is diabolical. It is a new person on the phone every time you call and explaining 4-5 months of history takes a long time. I have been put on indefinite hold because I asked a representative his name after he was hostile with me. We were told by eircom's representative to cancel our order and start again as we would have a better chance of getting it done. We have been told by eircom's representative to sign up with another company as legally Eircom have to fix faults within 5 days for another company. We have also been told by eircom's representative that as we are a one off house we aren't 'worth' fixing and Eircom would intentionally ignore our requests. We are again waiting for escalations to get back to us within 10 working days (they won't) because an appointment wasn't automatically generated within 24-48 hours. It is completely ridiculous.
    So I am asking you all what IS an acceptable time frame to wait for phone and broadband service to a house 8 miles from a capital city centre? Is this standard protocol for Eircom? How do you honestly intend to make Ireland a digital hub when the most basic systems such as following up a technical issue or answering a complaint don't work?
    As an aside, my husband is a GP who would work from home in the evening checking blood results etc... It has been more than an inconvenience, it has been costly, both monetarily and on a personal level, to not be able to work from home.
    I am happy to provide the chain of emails dating back to November/ December/ January that included ComReg. What other avenues can I pursue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sandrahug

Sod1234 wrote: »
    It has been over 4 months since a technician from Eircom first called to our house and while we received a phone line 8 days ago we still have no broadband. This is completely unacceptable.
    We bought a house in Dublin last year. It had an existing, working phone line. A technician called out in November to check about Broadband, disconnected the line from the house and wrapped it around a nearby pole where it (the exact same line!!) was reconnected 8 days ago.
    Our only communication with Eircom since has been at our initiation. We have been passed from Sales to Technical services to 'escalation.' We are constantly told we'll hear back within 10 working days which has never happened. We have engaged with ComReg on numerous occasions, none of which made any difference.
    Eircom's customer service is diabolical. It is a new person on the phone every time you call and explaining 4-5 months of history takes a long time. I have been put on indefinite hold because I asked a representative his name after he was hostile with me. We were told by eircom's representative to cancel our order and start again as we would have a better chance of getting it done. We have been told by eircom's representative to sign up with another company as legally Eircom have to fix faults within 5 days for another company. We have also been told by eircom's representative that as we are a one off house we aren't 'worth' fixing and Eircom would intentionally ignore our requests. We are again waiting for escalations to get back to us within 10 working days (they won't) because an appointment wasn't automatically generated within 24-48 hours. It is completely ridiculous.
    So I am asking you all what IS an acceptable time frame to wait for phone and broadband service to a house 8 miles from a capital city centre? Is this standard protocol for Eircom? How do you honestly intend to make Ireland a digital hub when the most basic systems such as following up a technical issue or answering a complaint don't work?
    As an aside, my husband is a GP who would work from home in the evening checking blood results etc... It has been more than an inconvenience, it has been costly, both monetarily and on a personal level, to not be able to work from home.
    I am happy to provide the chain of emails dating back to November/ December/ January that included ComReg. What other avenues can I pursue?
    This is exactly like my story with eircom, it took them 3 months to connect me with the broadband, my husband works from home also so it was so stressful and i must of rang them over 100 times and still nothing was done, they also told me to get another broadband service arrghh even thinking of it ,,, they did give me 30 euro of my first bill as a good gesture but all i wanted was the internet, i really feel your frustration, i had tried being nice and then being forward but neither worked the reason they gave me was that the storms at xmas have messed up loads of customers lines and that we are way down the end of the waiting list, nothing i believe could of said or done would make them come out and connect the broadband, i would just keep ringing them and be as direct as possible but really at the end of the day they will only come out when they want to, sorry but thats what i believe 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Sod1234

I am very sorry to hear of this and I would of course like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I will look in to this further for you if you could please PM me your order number or account number, address and contact details.  

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sod1234

Hi Sod1234

I am very sorry to hear of this and I would of course like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I will look in to this further for you if you could please PM me your order number or account number, address and contact details.  

Thanks
    Al

Message sent with details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Sod1234

Thanks
    Al

Message sent with details
    Thanks Sod1234

I'm having this looked in to and as soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Sod1234

I'm having this looked in to and as soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

Any update? I really think someone waiting over 4 months should be a priority for 'escalation.'

• Advertisement

Any news ? Almost 2 weeks since my last call and still no contact. It's going on 5 months.
    Will be back on to ComReg this week.

Advertisement