Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Wedding Dress shopping

Options
  • 22-03-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wondering has anyone ever bought a wedding dress on sweetlybridal.com. If so was everthing ok or was there any complications? I have found the exact dress I want on it and it will only cost me €300 with shipping where as if I bought it in a bridal shop it would be €1800....a saving of €1500....is it too good to be true though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Don't forget to factor in the cost of customs fees as well. My friend got a dress for €300 but then customs charged her over €100 on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Claire Donaldson

Thanks homemadecider, I wouldn't have known that but even still I wouldnt mind a dress for €400!I just don't know whether the site is legit or what. Or if the dresses are copies of the designer or how they could possibly be so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

They are a replica site. There are some very good replica dress makers out there but I can't find anything about that site so I would be wary of it. I had a bridesmaid dress made by a replica company review here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057144861&page=2

If you are happy with an inspired by/ replica dress then some shops that get good reviews are jasmineyang bridal and dressilyme.

If you want the exact dress then try sourcing it in the uk or America as you might get it cheaper there. Rk bridal are one legitimate site i know of.

One if the pros to getting a replica made is that you can get it customised so if there us something you don't like about it you can get it changed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I've been dealing with JJs House (Chinese company) and they seem good imo.

I've ordered my main wedding dress from a boutique here but, I got a little tea dress style gown off them to wear either as an afters dress or to wear on my Honeymoon cruise.

The dress itself is perfect, cannot fault the quality and there's actually more detail on it than was visible in the picture, so I'm delighted with it.

The sizing was a little off though, I ordered a 10 but what I got is closer to a 12-14 so I'll have to have it taken in a bit.. so if you were to use them, I'd recommend you use the custom sizing guide, it's an extra €15 but I think it's worth it..

I'm getting my Bridesmaids dresses off them and I'm definitely going to get custom sizes.

Good luck :)

Advertisement