Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to Kilkenny by Public Transport

Options
  • 22-03-2014 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

One option seems to be to get bus from Cork which arrives in Waterford at 12.55 and there is a train to Kilkenny leaving at 13.05. Does anyone know if it is possible to catch this train and does the bus be always on time. Total time for the trip would be 2.25 hours which i reckon is the shortest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

No idea whether buses arrive on time or not, but you need to factor in that there's about a 5-minute walk from the bus station in Waterford over to the railway station. Part of that takes you over a very busy junction where you will have to wait for the lights, so that's a couple of minutes too.

I reckon if the bus is always early, then you'd just about make it. However that's really cutting it fine. Is there really no proper public transport option direct from Cork to Kilkenny? Maybe check if any of the private operators, e.g. JJ Kavanagh, have anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

you can get a bus from cork direct to kilkenny it takes a change over at clonmel its says on there website and over 3 hours to do though

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

You can use the Bus Éireann journey planner to see how to get there, there are some direct buses and some where you have to change in Waterford.

Journey Planner

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The timings on both are usually pretty good, but fricatus's estimate of 5 minutes from bus station to train station is a bit optimistic I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

looksee wrote: »
    The timings on both are usually pretty good, but fricatus's estimate of 5 minutes from bus station to train station is a bit optimistic I reckon!
    if they were usain bolt maybe they would get over there in that time lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement