Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm in Portersfield

Options
  • 22-03-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I live in Portersfield and there has been a house alarm going off pretty much constantly for days. I think it started on Thursday. It goes constantly for an hour - stops for 10 minutes and then goes again. This is all day and all night.

Does anyone know what can be done in this situation? It's so loud. It's driving me mad. I haven't slept in days. I thought it was illegal to have one that goes off for more than 20 minutes. Is there any point in ringing the guards?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Maybe you can find the name of the owners and work on getting contact details. For the owners or relatives.
    Maybe the land registry, or neighbors, or from gardai or letters in their letterbox.

Or get a ladder and a baseball bat. That long - I genuinely would.

Yeah I think external alarms that go off for more than a short time are illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Yeah I think external alarms that go off for more than a short time are illegal.
    Unfortunately the laws/rules are not retroactive i.e. they do not apply to alarms installed before the laws came into effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭altor

Unfortunately only new alarms installed to the EN50131 must adhere to this standard. If the house is vacant I would contact the local authority about this.

Advertisement