Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to know what Benchmark I "should" get?

Options
  • 22-03-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I just built a new machine

i5-4670k
    2xGTX770 SLI
    16GB 16000mhz DRAM
    Samsung EVO SSD
    ASUS/Nvidia GSync monitor

so theoretically I should be able to display 144fps

However, I'm getting 20 FPS in Dayz (??!!?!!), about 60 FPS in Batman Arkham City... I've optomized everything afaik (3D settings set to SLI enabled, phyx on auto, frame rates set to max etc)

I benchmarked using 3DMark vantage - and scored 14000+, however, I seem to recall on my old system (now dismantled) of a i5-2500k, GTX560Ti I was getting 19000+

Nothing is overclocked, all system monitoring tools appear normal.

Wtf is going on?

Any tools out there that can tell me what I "should" get with this gear on a benchmark? Cos that way I can find out if I am above/below what I oughta get.

Thanks for any help.

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Download the free Unigine Valley benchmark, it's used by a lot of reviews so you can easily compare. For example:
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/nvidia-geforce-gtx-770_6.html

Make sure you disable vsync in the nvidia control panel before you run Valley (or any other bench), otherwise your scores will be artificially lowered. I would also try benching both with and without SLI. Again you can enable/disable SLI for Valley (or any other application) in the Nvidia control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

sweet! will give that a shot!!

Advertisement