Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline left off hook by elderly mum...after she dialled my mobile

Options
  • 22-03-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, was out at 11.10 to 2.40 p.m. today. Elderly mum was visiting and rang me twice on mobile, calls went to voicemessage, I got silence, didnt listen long just deleted messages.  Came home to find she had left the handset on the sofa arm so phone was off hook There was silence on it.
    I am concerned that I will be billed for all that time if the call was connected to my mobile (can't work out if it was). Rang Eircom helpline and they cant tell me till I get my bill. Unemployed. Dont worry said the agent till the bill arrives you could be worrying about nothing!

Does anyone know if I will be getting a massive bill?

Suz.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, was out at 11.10 to 2.40 p.m. today. Elderly mum was visiting and rang me twice on mobile, calls went to voicemessage, I got silence, didnt listen long just deleted messages.  Came home to find she had left the handset on the sofa arm so phone was off hook There was silence on it.
    I am concerned that I will be billed for all that time if the call was connected to my mobile (can't work out if it was). Rang Eircom helpline and they cant tell me till I get my bill. Unemployed. Dont worry said the agent till the bill arrives you could be worrying about nothing!

Does anyone know if I will be getting a massive bill?

Suz.
    Hi treadsoftly
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]
    Receiving calls to your mobile and voicemail is free so I can confirm this would not have cost you anything on your mobile bill. If your mother was on a long time to the voicemail then this might be charged to her landline account but we will not see how much until the bill is prepared.

If you would like to PM me your mothers account number I can check when her next bill is due.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement