Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

So is it worth ringing and asking for a merit number? If they have 30 for first intake then it looks like we won't get a call until next month..that's along wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

whatinthe wrote: »
    So is it worth ringing and asking for a merit number? If they have 30 for first intake then it looks like we won't get a call until next month..that's along wait.

Not sure what good it would be or if they would even give you one.as I know there is someone who scored lower than me that got a call and some very high scores that are yet to get a call..

Seems they have another system...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Not sure what good it would be or if they would even give you one.as I know there is someone who scored lower than me that got a call and some very high scores that are yet to get a call..

Seems they have another system...

Im with you there I got 85% at ac and yet still waiting on a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

From what I hear most of the trainers are newbies so it would (unfortunately) make sense for a smaller first intake.

However with how quickly people are leaving the force they need a lot of new blood in quickly. So maybe a monster intake next time if this is true.

Still hoping for a call on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Would be good if they did a small intake followed by a large one the month after

• Advertisement

Looks like some of the people starting online learning now etc could be with us too if its a large one.. :)

I still want a phonecall Monday ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Maybe they are offering places in relation to the amount of notice you said you would have to give on the application. I.e people who had little or notice to offer their current employers could have been contacted first in order to get the first squad set up quicker.

I'm feeling a bit more at ease now. Anyone else?Lol Monday will still be nerve wracking. A few beverages over the weekend to keep me sane!

I'm feeling a bit more at ease now. Anyone else?Lol Monday will still be nerve wracking. A few beverages over the weekend to keep me sane!

Not at all..it's grand for people to say there's only 30 going in to test the waters, but that leaves those of us waiting with so many questions. If it's anything like the gardai then no one knows anything yet.

I guess I'm just worried that after coming this far and passing everything,I might get frog leaped by the groups behind us.

Alas, I'm venting! I'm staying away from here so I can enjoy my weekend haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Goose2301

Morning all , I'm waiting for 'the call' to.
    Scored a low A* at the AC.

How we doing folks? Still anxious for tomorrow? if we were to be second batch say would they be phoning so soon... Or will we have a long wait now first batch has been called. I hope not.

How we doing folks? Still anxious for tomorrow? if we were to be second batch say would they be phoning so soon... Or will we have a long wait now first batch has been called. I hope not.

I still find it hard to believe only 30 are in first batch. If there's another batch a month later, then there's not much they can do about the new programme in 4 weeks if it needs tinkering. Even if next batch is a month behind first one,I don't see how it will allow for much trial and error.

Just my opinion anyway.

I still find it hard to believe only 30 are in first batch. If there's another batch a month later, then there's not much they can do about the new programme in 4 weeks if it needs tinkering. Even if next batch is a month behind first one,I don't see how it will allow for much trial and error.

Just my opinion anyway.

I will be wholly disappointed not to get a call on monday for the first batch especially if i were to know that we weren't selected via merit.
    Hopefully that is not the case!

student15 wrote: »
    I will be wholly disappointed not to get a call on monday for the first batch especially if i were to know that we weren't selected via merit.
    Hopefully that is not the case!
    I, too, will be extremely disappointed if I don't get a call this week. The fact there is ~60 of us with everything done, it'd be tough left waiting in limbo for another month or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I know it is easy to say, but sit tight guys, I reckon there will be more calls, but even if you don't get into the first intake it will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

This was mentioned by someone before but couldn't vetting still be ongoing for a lot of you?

Dekkers wrote: »
    This was mentioned by someone before but couldn't vetting still be ongoing for a lot of you?

Are you in or waiting on a call Dekkers?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Are you in or waiting on a call Dekkers?

Nope. I've no business posting here at all ha

Dekkers wrote: »
    Nope. I've no business posting here at all ha

Well your input is welcome!

• Advertisement

Here's hoping today folks!
    If I hear a thing ill chuck a post up here!

Here's hoping today folks!
    If I hear a thing ill chuck a post up here!

Samesies.....

Likewise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

best of luck folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

For those of you that have received the call already, did you get a start date or just a date for the induction evening?

Maverick89 wrote: »
    For those of you that have received the call already, did you get a start date or just a date for the induction evening?

Saw your notification there thinking you got the call
    Heart skipped a beat!

Saw your notification there thinking you got the call
    Heart skipped a beat!

I will let you know asap, if and when I hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys. I called resourcing and they confirmed the the first intake is now full.

(Second intake is 5 weeks after 1st one)

At least you can put your phone down for a bit.

From a positive point of view second intake may have a better chance of being posted in an urban district!!

Did they say that no more calls will be going out? Could they have maybe been ringing people who live towards the target areas i.e. Derry/L'Derry? If that's where they need people first I suppose that could be the reason.

• Advertisement

Can anyone mail me the email address for vetting please

Advertisement