Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Yeah July was being mentioned a lot a while ago but it's been pushed back from the sound of things

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Might be worthwhile for someone to submit another FOI request I have holidays booked in September- I was going to cancel them but if the first intakes weren't going to be until October I might let them be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Not sure how accurate this is as I don't know when your dates are but given you've done your PCA and if they stick to the old time scales you should be expecting calls in mid/late July and 5 weeks from then until your start date so presumably august. This depends on them taking 5 weeks between medicals and making the calls. I was told they need a few weeks from passing the last stage to calling folk BUT I've been told by others that they had theirs cleared and the calls a couple of weeks later. Remember it will also depend on how quickly your vetting clears. Some are quite quick, others take what feels like forever and a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

If it had been delayed say til Sept/October that would suck massively for the rest of us, means everything else would be delayed. I heard the July/August dates too, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was delayed the way this whole process has went.

Yeah I know where you're coming from mop- bearing in mind that they started vetting for the first batch back in February though and had a smaller number to bet this time around I would have imagined most people would be cleared in time for a July- August start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Can I ask what happens if you are required to give your current employers more notice than 5 weeks, long way down line for me as still waiting on any movement but just thinking with Mop posting about 5 weeks getting call before starting in GV

You can defer to the next intake. Don't forget that after you get a call you have the induction weekend about 2 weeks after the job offer and this is compulsory.

The other thing I could think of is if you've got holidays to take add them into your notice.

Mop a top wrote: »
    You can defer to the next intake. Don't forget that after you get a call you have the induction weekend about 2 weeks after the job offer and this is compulsory.

The other thing I could think of is if you've got holidays to take add them into your notice.

Thanks Mop problem is I've to give 8-9 weeks been here far too long lol

Speak to your boss. See if there's any chance you could come to a compromise?

Speak to your boss. See if there's any chance you could come to a compromise?

Yeah I'll have to, although will have to let them know what I'm leaving for which I didn't really want to do, but if needs be, that's all in future as I said still on merit list hopefully in next batch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

What score range are we down to for the ones being processed atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

WannabePC wrote: »
    What score range are we down to for the ones being processed atm?

I think about 73? But not too sure..

Seriously quiet on here! So little activity compared to reading posts from campaign 1. I wonder how long it will take for the first batch of 98 to be put through medicals, presumably with PCs fails that number will be down to 60ish or below? All specualation of course! The medical thread says 2 days of medicals a week was the usual last campaign so could take a few weeks to get through everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

What stage are you at Icarus? I've just sent away vetting forms, doing my online learning and waiting for a PCA date.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I think less people are active on the boards but more read them... we see a lot of people posting their success ONCE they have passed medical or PCA or something. There isn't the excitement this time around...we knew 380 were being taken on so there was a lot more spaces for the users here. Now we have been told 100... with the possibility of 200 or who even knows how it will play out. Think there are a lot more being reserved.

I'd say 2 intakes from the 98 who got vetting forms the first time around... giving room for people failing parts of it and squad size of 38? You have roughly two intakes. I hope to be in the first... and the rumour is that they will start end of July or Aug...2nd squad 5 weeks after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Red_bull

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    I think less people are active on the boards but more read them... we see a lot of people posting their success ONCE they have passed medical or PCA or something. There isn't the excitement this time around...we knew 380 were being taken on so there was a lot more spaces for the users here. Now we have been told 100... with the possibility of 200 or who even knows how it will play out. Think there are a lot more being reserved.

I'd say 2 intakes from the 98 who got vetting forms the first time around... giving room for people failing parts of it and squad size of 38? You have roughly two intakes. I hope to be in the first... and the rumour is that they will start end of July or Aug...2nd squad 5 weeks after?

Any idea what happens next? Or how long "shortly" could be?

How long is a piece of string?! Sorry it's not much use but that's an accurate description when it comes to PSNI recruitment calls could be a couple of weeks away or days, you just never know. Patience my lovely, at least you know if your vetting is cleared you're getting a call sooner or later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Do we ever get to know if our vetting is officially cleared tho Mop?

Like do you get written confirmation that it's all cleared or is the next correspondence from them (hopefully) just getting the call for the invite whenever they start to happen?

Just not sure what I'm waiting on now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

Dont know gem...hopefully its just getting the call...ive never heard of anyone getting correspondence on vetting unless there is a problem...

I was having a look back over old posts and can't see anything where people have stated that they got word that their vetting has cleared. I dunno like...

I know I'm going to have to show a bit of patience but since I learned I passed the medical I'm anything but patient haha

• Advertisement

Hopefully the wait won't be too long! The process seems to have sped up over the last few stages so fingers crossed that continues.
    At the medical August was the soonest the nurse was expecting, if that's correct it won't be long!

Do we ever get to know if our vetting is officially cleared tho Mop?

Like do you get written confirmation that it's all cleared or is the next correspondence from them (hopefully) just getting the call for the invite whenever they start to happen?

Just not sure what I'm waiting on now lol

No you don't my lovely. If you really want to you can call recruitment and ask. A few of us did it last campaign. It's how I found out my PCA expired too. Went something like "Yeah your vetting cleared in this date which made you eligible for the calls that just went out but your PCA expires before the start date so you'll need to repeat it" lol but yours will be a lot more straight forward. They will only be able to tell you yes or no. They honestly have no idea how long it will take or what's holding it up.

If you've passed your medical and are quite happy to wait then the wait shouldn't be too long. You'll get a call from an unknown number or a voice mail asking you to call back. They'll give you the news you've been wanting to hear. Generally the induction is 2 weekends away and YOU MUST attend both days. Then the start date is about 5 weeks from the date you were offered the job. Always on a Sunday too. I'm laughing at this thinking I know all this and haven't experienced it lmao!!!

Good luck my lovely x

No you don't my lovely. If you really want to you can call recruitment and ask. A few of us did it last campaign. It's how I found out my PCA expired too. Went something like "Yeah your vetting cleared in this date which made you eligible for the calls that just went out but your PCA expires before the start date so you'll need to repeat it" lol but yours will be a lot more straight forward. They will only be able to tell you yes or no. They honestly have no idea how long it will take or what's holding it up.

If you've passed your medical and are quite happy to wait then the wait shouldn't be too long. You'll get a call from an unknown number or a voice mail asking you to call back. They'll give you the news you've been wanting to hear. Generally the induction is 2 weekends away and YOU MUST attend both days. Then the start date is about 5 weeks from the date you were offered the job. Always on a Sunday too. I'm laughing at this thinking I know all this and haven't experienced it lmao!!!

Good luck my lovely x

Mop, thanks for that...your a legend!! Good info and much appreciated!! :-)

Thats gutting tho what happened to you? So you passed the PCA n medical but never heard anything more? Or did I pick you up wrong? Granted it's 1am and I'm half sleeping lol

Anyone reckon calls this week? in Campaign 1 they went out normally towards the end of the week, Thursday and Friday. 5 weeks from now is late July so possibly too early for calls to go out yet as all the chat was August start for Squad 1.

Funny reading back over some of the earliest pages in this thread about calls last time. Some people were very in the know and knew the exact week they were coming etc people were phoning recruitment all the time as well asking about dates etc as well.

Anyone heard anything more concrete on dates? I'm sure some people have a fair bit of notice to work up if they have been in their current job a long time.

Is anyone still to do a medical from the January batch of vetting that was sent out?

I don't think there will be calls this week, there are still people doing their medicals from the first batch as far as I am aware.

During the medical one of the nurses told me jokingly not to book any holidays for August time, so take from that what you will. I think it was a not so subtle nod towards the first intake n August. Now if they give 5 or 6 week’s notice, it could be any time from the start to the middle of July before they call. Start of July for Mid Aug or mid of July for late Aug.

This campaign is all over the place at the moment it seems so really, until someone actually gets the call we are all sitting about waiting for it lol.

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    I don't think there will be calls this week, there are still people doing their medicals from the first batch as far as I am aware.

During the medical one of the nurses told me jokingly not to book any holidays for August time, so take from that what you will. I think it was a not so subtle nod towards the first intake n August. Now if they give 5 or 6 week’s notice, it could be any time from the start to the middle of July before they call. Start of July for Mid Aug or mid of July for late Aug.

This campaign is all over the place at the moment it seems so really, until someone actually gets the call we are all sitting about waiting for it lol.

Yeah the nurses know when they have to go and do injections in week 4. She told me that they weren't scheduled for any in June or July. The nurses are a wealth of information. The doctor doesn't say much!

Haha I know right, the doctor was stone cold with me. Felt good after speaking to the nurses about the medical, went into the doctor and came out not too sure on the whole thing!

If anyone has any medicals this week and reads or are active on the forums, ASK! Just say have you heard any start dates, thats what I done. If a few of us ask and the general idea is that its NOT June or July... 1 + 1 = 2 and all that lol.

Yeah I suppose it depends if it's early or late August. Ah well patience patience

Interesting question as well were the medicals split by gender as well? Only saw the one gender at mine.

What injections do they have to do 4 weeks in??

• Advertisement

What injections do they have to do 4 weeks in??

In my case it's another shot of Hepatitus as I forgot about the last dose previously. Depends what or if you need anything I guess!
    Is your medical anytime soon?

Advertisement