Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LovelyHorse

Had a dream this morning that i got the call. My wife wondered who i was talking to and i said the police. Then i looked and saw that i was holding an imaginary phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LovelyHorse

Red_bull wrote: »
    In my case it's another shot of Hepatitus as I forgot about the last dose previously. Depends what or if you need anything I guess!
    Is your medical anytime soon?

The injections are for hepatitis! I think it can be spread through saliva, at least one type can. Officers are spat upon quite frequently, so it's natural that we would need all kinds of vaccination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Red_bull

Had a dream this morning that i got the call. My wife wondered who i was talking to and i said the police. Then i looked and saw that i was holding an imaginary phone!

I would rarely answer unknown numbers but recently I have. Turns out I've had a lot of accidents which were not my fault and loans which were sold incorrectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

A stark reminder of the career we all chase, comes at a price and there are people out there who would end the life of an officer for their own selfish goals....

http://www.u.tv/News/2015/06/18/Bomb-found-under-PSNI-officers-car-39296

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

Saw that kev...i guess its a reminder to stay vigilant. ..

• Advertisement

No news on any passes this week? Would have thought there might have been a few yesterday.

Thought the same myself.... definitely had medicals this week and pass or fail letters should of reached people by now. As with the trend of people only posting if they have good news, or joining the forums if they have success. Maybe some failed and thats why its quiet...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Do you know there were definitely medicals this week? Seems strange to spread them out across so many weeks

Yup definitely some this week. Think there is still only one gender going through at the moment so expect another week or two at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

The person that done my SMT told me when we were chatting, that the medicals were only done one day per week which could explain why they're taking a while to complete?

Think we might be in for another few weeks of waiting before anything develops.

Then again I could be very wrong. Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

• Advertisement

Id say going by estimates the final lot of this selection are this Tuesday...for medicals after that id say we might hear more from the recruitment...i guess noone knows how long vetting takes as i say everyone will be different depending on circumstance

I'm going to guess that the first section of vetting should be cleared if we haven't heard anything. Some people seemed to hear if they hadn't around 3/4 weeks ago. Then it is really down to how long it takes to clear substance misuse? When reading back is a few weeks on old posts (seemingly).
    I wouldn't be sure this week would be the last though, need some positive input from the other gender as haven't heard of any passes or even if they have been!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Guys I need a little help, did someone post on some of the threads a FOI request for numbers through GV doors or how many were offered jobs? Maybe I'm just imagining that lol if not could the poster or someone let me know where to find it. Currently chasing after sprogs and doing home works, roll on summer holidays lol!!! Thanks in advance xx

Mop a top wrote: »
    Guys I need a little help, did someone post on some of the threads a FOI request for numbers through GV doors or how many were offered jobs? Maybe I'm just imagining that lol if not could the poster or someone let me know where to find it. Currently chasing after sprogs and doing home works, roll on summer holidays lol!!! Thanks in advance xx
    I found the numbers in the FOI but can't post a link until I've posted more here. If you search for 1309 or 1405 it gets you most related info on the campaigns.
    On other things maybe calls this week?

It would be a nice start to july alright but i wouldn't hold my breath just yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Mop a top wrote: »

Hi Mop, It may of been me that posted this info. I posted that 402 people were appointed and began training from campaign 1, There were also another 3 on top of that who accepted posts but failed to attend. If you would like a copy of the FOI send me a PM :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator Post:

No, you're not going crazy. I moved around 10 posts from here into this new thread so we'll be able to see the excitement of those who got a very important telephone call today!

No comments or posts on this please.

Thanks.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 B999B

I know this will only be guess work. But would anybody care to predict when we might expect to get "the call". As it stands I've sent off the vetting. Just completed the online stuff and have the PCA in 4-6 weeks. The reason I ask is because I've got something very important to do late September and I'm worried it'll clash with the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

I reckon if your PCA is late July/early august your medical may be towards end of august, probably end sept for a call to start late oct??
    But you really can't be sure!!

Anyone passed everything and waiting for calls for the second batch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Anyone passed everything and waiting for calls for the second batch?

Not sure about vetting but pleased to say I'm waiting =D
    (And in second batch from 14050 campaign that got progressed)

Do you mind me asking where abouts your AC score is? Just curious how many people got into first squad and how far down we are now!

Yea...I'm in with youse too. Waiting to see how it unfolds this week.

Think there's a few more on here too that I've been talking to as well.

I'm on AC score of 78-80

Flip midget I thought you were in! You had all your stuff completed when the last calls went out didn't you? You must have just missed out there

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Flip midget I thought you were in! You had all your stuff completed when the last calls went out didn't you? You must have just missed out there

Haha...Unfortunately not CD!!

Vetting wasn't cleared so had to sit on the sidelines for last batch. But yea everything else has passed.

My vetting was a little bit behind everyone else so hoping for the green light this time!

Haha...Unfortunately not CD!!

Vetting wasn't cleared so had to sit on the sidelines for last batch. But yea everything else has passed.

My vetting was a little bit behind everyone else so hoping for the green light this time!

My score isn't far behind midget gems (I don't like being too specific on here).. Don't think I'll be lucky enough to be in next calls made but would love to get a call in the following lot! Did they mention vetting to you midget gem or did you ring/email and ask? Tempted to ask them myself at some stage but don't wanna bother them too early!

I would say those waiting on calls won't have too much longer to wait! This coming Thursday/Friday or next I imagine

.S. wrote: »
    My score isn't far behind midget gems (I don't like being too specific on here).. Don't think I'll be lucky enough to be in next calls made but would love to get a call in the following lot! Did they mention vetting to you midget gem or did you ring/email and ask? Tempted to ask them myself at some stage but don't wanna bother them too early!

I knew I was fairly high up on the merit list cos of my AC score so when I didn't get the call last time I phoned them to get an update as I knew it must have been the vetting holding it up.

As many others have said before though, they aren't exactly over the moon about you phoning them to ask for updates!

Sit tight and see how this week unfolds ;-)

I knew I was fairly high up on the merit list cos of my AC score so when I didn't get the call last time I phoned them to get an update as I knew it must have been the vetting holding it up.

As many others have said before though, they aren't exactly over the moon about you phoning them to ask for updates!

Sit tight and see how this week unfolds ;-)

That's what I thought, I'll prob hold off on calling them if I can! Good luck for the next round of calls =)

• Advertisement

.S. wrote: »
    That's what I thought, I'll prob hold off on calling them if I can! Good luck for the next round of calls =)

You too .S.!

Fingers crossed for everyone on here in our wee boat haha

Advertisement