Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I reckon you'll be glaring at the phones this Wednesday Thursday Friday, possibly next Monday Tuesday. Excited/ nervous for you all. Patience my lovelies, the call will come xx

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PC high tower.

I'm in the waiting boat too! Although my score was slightly below what the rest on here got, so maybe I'm not getting a call this time? Did only pass my medical last week so I reckon I'll be in the September calls to go out? Good luck, hopefully yous get some calls next week :))

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Anyone who had there medical last week... Have u received ur letters yet? If so how long it take to come through from medical if u don't mind me asking 😥

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    Anyone who had there medical last week... Have u received ur letters yet? If so how long it take to come through from medical if u don't mind me asking 😥

I got my pass letter about 3 or 4 days after my medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 820sox

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are many people who got the progression letter in January, that missed out on the first batch of calls with start dates.

I also heard that the squad numbers were to be increased to around 50. Although not sure of the truth in this!

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

820sox wrote: »
    Hey!

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are many people who got the progression letter in January, that missed out on the first batch of calls with start dates.

I also heard that the squad numbers were to be increased to around 50. Although not sure of the truth in this!

Thanks!

Not sure how many of the first batch are still waiting, I was wondering too. Know midget gem is, and no doubt there's others. I only recently passed medical and my thinking is less of first batch waiting more chance of some of the second batch being included in next lot of calls. Don't want to get my hopes up but.. It's on my mind and will be all week no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 820sox

.S. wrote: »
    Not sure how many of the first batch are still waiting, I was wondering too. Know midget gem is, and no doubt there's others. I only recently passed medical and my thinking is less of first batch waiting more chance of some of the second batch being included in next lot of calls. Don't want to get my hopes up but.. It's on my mind and will be all week no doubt!

I'm in the same boat as you. Smt results could potentially be the only aspect of vetting left to clear, which they said they would have the results for by early this week! Which seems to work well with rumoured calls for late this week!

Don't want to get too ahead of myself, just feels like it could actually happen!

820sox wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you. Smt results could potentially be the only aspect of vetting left to clear, which they said they would have the results for by early this week! Which seems to work well with rumoured calls for late this week!

Don't want to get too ahead of myself, just feels like it could actually happen!

I'm exactly the same, know they'll get SMT within days of calls going out (presuming they stick to 5week schedule). Sensible part of me thinks it'll be too soon for me to get a call. But mainly, I'm just really hoping I do! Fingers crossed for us / some of our wee batch get through this time round. I can't get it off my mind at all. No - Very poor reception in my work too which doesn't help!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Hey sox,

Yea there's myself and Dream Big who are from the first January progression letters that are still waiting.

There's a good few like .S. , Catdog and yourself amongst others who are potentially waiting on this week's calls. So there seems to be a good few of us.

Def have to say I'm a lot more mellow about the calls this time...first batch of calls I was frantic!! Haha

Hey sox,

Yea there's myself and Dream Big who are from the first January progression letters that are still waiting.

There's a good few like .S. , Catdog and yourself amongst others who are potentially waiting on this week's calls. So there seems to be a good few of us.

Def have to say I'm a lot more mellow about the calls this time...first batch of calls I was frantic!! Haha

Ta midgetgem. That's an attitude I need to work on.. Only Monday but slow day in work means I'm overthinking plenty today!

• Advertisement

Ta midgetgem. That's an attitude I need to work on.. Only Monday but slow day in work means I'm overthinking plenty today!

I had myself convinced the call was coming last time and when it didn't I was shattered. So this time ill just see what happens n hope for the best. If it doesn't come this time, I'll drink some more from the patience bottle haha

But I know what you mean .S. its not easy...when work is slow you do tend to let your mind wander and allow yourself to think about starting in GV...so I know where your coming from ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AA1234

Couple of quick questions guys. I passed my medical 2 weeks ago almost and was wondering when we hear about an induction weekend? Is it usually soon after passing medical?
    Also, what can I expect at the induction weekend, can anyone shed any light? All this waiting around is killing me. Would love to know definite dates but with these campaigns that's a lot to ask lol

AA1234 wrote: »
    Couple of quick questions guys. I passed my medical 2 weeks ago almost and was wondering when we hear about an induction weekend? Is it usually soon after passing medical?
    Also, what can I expect at the induction weekend, can anyone shed any light? All this waiting around is killing me. Would love to know definite dates but with these campaigns that's a lot to ask lol

Evenin mate!

Well, congrats on getting this far, now welcome to 'the waiting room' with a good few more of us!

You'll hear about an induction weekend if your lucky enough to get a call either this batch that's hopefully coming this week or future ones which apparently usually happen every 5-6 weeks. If you get the call they'll give you details of the induction weekend which happens 6 weeks after you receive the call.

After that it's hotel GV! If you get the call jump into the 'starting in garneville' thread on this forum. Lots of great info in there.

Best of luck!

Evenin mate!

Well, congrats on getting this far, now welcome to 'the waiting room' with a good few more of us!

You'll hear about an induction weekend if your lucky enough to get a call either this batch that's hopefully coming this week or future ones which apparently usually happen every 5-6 weeks. If you get the call they'll give you details of the induction weekend which happens 6 weeks after you receive the call.

After that it's hotel GV! If you get the call jump into the 'starting in garneville' thread on this forum. Lots of great info in there.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the info mate that's a great help. It's been a long time coming but I can't wait to get started. Looks like I'll be answering all these private numbers that are usually ppi lol

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

So I'm passed the medical 2 weeks, I'm eagerly awaiting the postman every day and silently cursing him when he doesn't bring me anything, I jump into action every time the phone rings only to be disappointed when its some eejit asking me about PPI

properly killing me all this waiting

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    So I'm passed the medical 2 weeks, I'm eagerly awaiting the postman every day and silently cursing him when he doesn't bring me anything, I jump into action every time the phone rings only to be disappointed when its some eejit asking me about PPI

properly killing me all this waiting

I've achieved a zen-like status of waiting now...level 45 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

Calls went out today guys - see the thread called August intake ðŸ™

I'm hoping there's more to come tomorrow!

I'm hoping there's more to come tomorrow!

Same bud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

It seems they do calls over a 3 day period from previous campaigns. Goodluck everyone waiting

• Advertisement

Looks like I'll be house bound all day tomorrow with my phone on the charger and next to the window just to guarantee signal in my backwards neck of the woods lol

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be house bound all day tomorrow with my phone on the charger and next to the window just to guarantee signal in my backwards neck of the woods lol

Lol. I was sitting in the canteen in work with a bunch of people around. I answered the call expecting it to be the usual ppi nonsense. Made a swift exit once I realised it was THE CALL.

Can anyone offer me a little advice.. I passed my medical about 2 weeks ago, figured I would be in next month's batch of calls. But just with calls going out today for similar AC scores I'm thinking there's a chance I could get a call tomorrow. My question is, anyone know anything about being able to defer, is this an option? I will be in on holiday in Thailand when the induction weekend will be, so assuming you can't start without attending that. Anyone any advice, I'm starting to panic that I won't be able to defer and I won't get in or something like that! :(

Also just want to add, I didn't just book a random holiday in the middle of all this, it's my honeymoon and has been booked for about 18 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Can anyone offer me a little advice.. I passed my medical about 2 weeks ago, figured I would be in next month's batch of calls. But just with calls going out today for similar AC scores I'm thinking there's a chance I could get a call tomorrow. My question is, anyone know anything about being able to defer, is this an option? I will be in on holiday in Thailand when the induction weekend will be, so assuming you can't start without attending that. Anyone any advice, I'm starting to panic that I won't be able to defer and I won't get in or something like that! :(

Also just want to add, I didn't just book a random holiday in the middle of all this, it's my honeymoon and has been booked for about 18 months!

You can defer so don't panic, it's not uncommon for it to happen. It's a merit list so if you defer this time round you'll be one of the first they call next intake. You are right, you do have to attend both days of the induction weekend to get your place at hotel GV. Good luck my lovely and congratulations on the up coming wedding, hope you both have a fantastic day x

Good luck today people, hope we get the news we want, keep the boards updated, I've my fingers crossed for me & us lot!

Good luck today people, hope we get the news we want, keep the boards updated, I've my fingers crossed for me & us lot!

Seconded

Keep those phones close people ;-)

Seconded

Keep those phones close people ;-)

Its already next to the window, good luck everybody

Work is quiet and I'm overthinking entirely.. Anyone any idea if calls are done alphabetically?

Work is quiet and I'm overthinking entirely.. Anyone any idea if calls are done alphabetically?

If it is then.I'm definitely last being called Zeus ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Well it can't be merit list order if AA is in 73-75 region and got the call before others higher up!

Advertisement