Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

If it is then.I'm definitely last being called Zeus ;-)

Worst thing about my surname is "T" puts me way down the list meant during my PCA was I had to wait until nearly last

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Hmm. They probably keep it unpredictable intentionally.. I know what they say about watched kettles but with calls going to scores below mine I can't keep my eyes off my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Guys, when the calls went out last time and I never got one on the Friday I was gutted but I did ring HR and ask them a few questions.... Maybe yous should do the same? It more or less went, hey I know calls went out today am I getting one haha.

Got one the following Thursday but it put my mind at ease speaking to someone... Thought I'd missed the boat to be fair.

Did they mind you ringing Kev, I'm just aware letters etc state ringing isn't advised etc. I haven't rang to see if vetting cleared or anything, it might still be outstanding for all I know. Just know forms went in same time as others who got the call with a slightly lower score.

You know how it is, despite best efforts you get a bit anxious!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

.S. wrote: »
    Did they mind you ringing Kev, I'm just aware letters etc state ringing isn't advised etc. I haven't rang to see if vetting cleared or anything, it might still be outstanding for all I know. Just know forms went in same time as others who got the call with a slightly lower score.

You know how it is, despite best efforts you get a bit anxious!

Nope they were dead on actually called 101 and asked for HR/Recruitment.

Man look at it like this... your sitting on your hands waiting a call in the dark for the job of your dreams. Someone somewhere in the PSNI knows the score with your application... RING THEM!

At least you will get some updated info! They won't offer you a place unless you have met all the criteria and it seems vetting is the one that takes the longest!

• Advertisement

Thanks Kev.. If I can escape my desk any length of time I'll give them a ring, appreciate the advise

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Doesn't look like any calls are going out today then? I'm really surprised there haven't been more boardies getting the green light!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like any calls are going out today then? I'm really surprised there haven't been more boardies getting the green light!

Yea was thinkin the same CD...its been very quiet today on here. Don't think anyone has been confirmed as having got a call.

Ah well...sure September won't be long rolling around ;-)

Yea was thinkin the same CD...its been very quiet today on here. Don't think anyone has been confirmed as having got a call.

Ah well...sure September won't be long rolling around ;-)

Yeah midget but i would rather get a few of you boys with scores above me in now so I've got a better chance getting a call sooner rather than later lol!!

Yeah midget but i would rather get a few of you boys with scores above me in now so I've got a better chance getting a call sooner rather than later lol!!

Sure we could both be in next batch together regardless of AC scores!

Catdog 'n Midget take on GV! Sounds like a fairly ropey cartoon lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Well it can't be merit list order if AA is in 73-75 region and got the call before others higher up!

I can assure you it's all done with merit order. The only way someone would get a lower score than you and a call is if they've passed their vetting quicker than you or if they have a much higher IST score. I had heard it was combined with AC score to give you your place. Settle my lovely.

Btw how many weeks ago did you do your medical?

I'm joining the waiting club :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PC high tower.

Congrats! Hopefully not too long to wait for the call!

Yaaaaaaaay CD!

Welcome into the boat ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Great news Catdog welcome to the most excruciating part of the process knowing your one phone call away from what is a dream job

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭panini

Hey guys I've just begun the waiting game as well. Does anyone have an idea when the next calls will go out? Also are there people still waiting from the previous round of medicals waiting on a call or will those getting the call next time round be from the latest medicals?

It's a lot to get my head round, I never thought I would actually get this far!

Yay!! I was hoping someone else would come along soon!
    Apparently there are still a few whose vetting still haven't cleared, people who could have got the calls the first time or second time! So who knows! Also people who have retaken their PCA who are also higher than us on the merit list..
    I reckon the next calls will be mid sept, which will be three months since I sent my vetting forms back so I'm hoping vetting will be clear for that!

Is it normally 48 per intake?

It's strange not having the stress of pca or medical hanging over my head. I've no idea how I will cope with this wait!

Think someone in the last batch said there were about 37/38 people? But I don't know for sure!

I know it's so surreal now that everything is done!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PC high tower.

panini wrote: »
    Is it normally 48 per intake?

It's strange not having the stress of pca or medical hanging over my head. I've no idea how I will cope with this wait!

I felt the same, really weird knowing there's nothing else for you to do! The call came so much quicker for me though than I expected so I didn't even really have a chance to get used to the "wait"! Hopefully goes that way this time too! :)

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed it won't take too long! Patience isn't one of my virtues...

I was the PCA batch prior to you lot and I'm still waiting, def a few of us in the same boat! No more calls before sept, possibly second week

.S. wrote: »
    I was the PCA batch prior to you lot and I'm still waiting, def a few of us in the same boat! No more calls before sept, possibly second week

Did you ever contact vetting to find out what the hold up was?

No, have had a lot of family stuff going on so not had the chance. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if I want to hassle them. Will decide nearer time of calls

Does anyone know if they actually contact the referees that we put down?

Does anyone know if they actually contact the referees that we put down?

No idea if they do CD.

Although I've spoken to one of my referees quite recently and they've not heard a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Hi guys long time lurker on here but pleased to say that I passed my medical last week so now sitting tight on the phonecall. I would also like to say a thank you to everyone who contributes regularly on here it has been a great help at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 .Q

statusz wrote: »
    Hi guys long time lurker on here but pleased to say that I passed my medical last week so now sitting tight on the phonecall. I would also like to say a thank you to everyone who contributes regularly on here it has been a great help at times.

Congrats!!! This is a great forum for help and advice. Fingers crossed for you.

statusz wrote: »

Welcome to the waiting club :-D

• Advertisement

Are we talking week after next then do we think?

Advertisement