Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Maverick89 wrote: »
    Did they say that no more calls will be going out? Could they have maybe been ringing people who live towards the target areas i.e. Derry/L'Derry? If that's where they need people first I suppose that could be the reason.
    Could be. Has to be some reason as it doesn't seem to be score. Can anyone who has got the call confirm if they are in that sort of range?
    I know I'm definitely not. Would be a good 1.5-2hours drive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Did they say that no more calls will be going out? Could they have maybe been ringing people who live towards the target areas i.e. Derry/L'Derry? If that's where they need people first I suppose that could be the reason.

They said no more appointments will made at this time. I asked if the next intake will be 5 weeks after and she said yes.

Did not ask about selection policy as I know they would not disclose this info with me.

gmck26 wrote: »
    They said no more appointments will made at this time. I asked if the next intake will be 5 weeks after and she said yes.

Did not ask about selection policy as I know they would not disclose this info with me.

By the sounds of that then we should relax for a few weeks as I doubt we will hear anything before may. Sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

I'm nowhere near the target areas!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

Devastated..would love to know the criteria for selection.

• Advertisement

whatinthe wrote: »
    Devastated..would love to know the criteria for selection.

Don't be panicking. The first intake was small and we are still in with the chance of getting a call. It will come don't worry :)

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Don't be panicking. The first intake was small and we are still in with the chance of getting a call. It will come don't worry :)

I sincerely hope so. With the batch behind us having completed everything by then, I'm not overly confident unless I knew how they were selecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Remember they are still looking to recruit 378. If you have everything passed, sit tight, you will get in at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Belfastm wrote: »
    Remember they are still looking to recruit 378. If you have everything passed, sit tight, you will get in at some stage.

Belfastm is right I think, there's plenty of places and this is just the initial intake so anyone who hasn't got a call will surely be in the running in the next batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 stephen142

So if the second batch is due to start 5 weeks after the first batch get started, can we then presume that phonecalls will begin again around 4/5 weeks from now?

Or do we think they will actually be dead on and tell those who have already completed everything sooner?

• Advertisement

stephen142 wrote: »
    So if the second batch is due to start 5 weeks after the first batch get started, can we then presume that phonecalls will begin again around 4/5 weeks from now?

Or do we think they will actually be dead on and tell those who have already completed everything sooner?
    I would say it's going to be similar to this, couple of weeks before the induction day we will get calls. If we are in this batch... So that would be start of may if next batch is 5 weeks after.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 stephen142

Oh joy, another month in my current dead end job :p lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

Hi guys. Don't worry about not having got the call yet. I asked the doctor at the medical about possible merit lists and he suggested that there may be no need for one this year due to numbers involved. In my case, based on IST and AC, myself and others attending had quite low UID numbers so I don't know whether or not its fair to draw the conclusion that they are just processing from the top and working their way through. The doctor also told me that again, due to numbers involved, everyone who clears medical this year he fully expects to see them at Garnerville. So hang tight, there are a barrage of calls on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

tony1985 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Don't worry about not having got the call yet. I asked the doctor at the medical about possible merit lists and he suggested that there may be no need for one this year due to numbers involved. In my case, based on IST and AC, myself and others attending had quite low UID numbers so I don't know whether or not its fair to draw the conclusion that they are just processing from the top and working their way through. The doctor also told me that again, due to numbers involved, everyone who clears medical this year he fully expects to see them at Garnerville. So hang tight, there are a barrage of calls on the way.

Excellent news Tony, lets hope you're right.

And... If you read what your grade means in the AC break down... So for example I'm an A grade. The description is quite clear that we are basically more than capable to take on the responsibilities of a police officer etc. So they will definitely use everyone eventually I'd say if everything else is grand. Why wouldn't they :), Just a matter of time.. Hopefully not so long.

After getting over the initial disappointment of not getting in the first intake, it's occurred to me that those of us waiting have an opportunity to up our game even further. Keep pushing with the fitness, keep going over the online learning etc

We're still in the race!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

good to see more positive attitudes folks! :-)
    "always look on the bright side....."

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

I am thinking that X amount of people passed out of the first group and they just contacted the first 30 in order of UID? I'm sure the calls will come for the rest of us eventually, just more waiting unfortunately!!! Can't get properly excited though until its official.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 s313

Hey guys congrats to all who have heard the good news and good luck to those still waiting! I think I'm in the second group from what I've been reading here, just wondering how long after you did your physical it took to get a date for your medical as I'm still waiting! also how did they contact you to give you the date?! going mad worrying I've missed a letter or email somewhere!

Thanks!

Going to be a long April....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Pints anyone during the wait? Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

I guess we have to assume that those of us who have our medicals at the end of this month are making up the rest of the June intake? Unless there are already enough for it and we will be July, but a good proportion of the 'waiters' have already received they call!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Stop waiting. There are no more places left for the coming intake.

It's likely that the next intake will be around 10 weeks from the date of this current intake.

Sorry to bear the bad news, but better to put ye out of your misery now than to have you assaulting the postman every time you see him!

appreciate the update SHIELD.
    any chance you would be able to set the delay batch minds at ease please? -- will there be no more PCA dates for a while -- got a 66 and havent heard anything since results (quite a few in same boat on "DELAY BATCH" thread) -- as you say, might get arrested for attacking the poor postie!
    thankyou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Shield wrote: »

It's likely that the next intake will be around 10 weeks from the date of this current intake.

Sorry to bear the bad news, but better to put ye out of your misery now than to have you assaulting the postman every time you see him!

When you say next intake is that into garnerville for training or a new recruitment process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

When I spoke to HR asking if any further appointments would be made this time the girl told me the next intake would be 5 weeks after the current intake.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

gmck26 wrote: »
    When I spoke to HR asking if any further appointments would be made this time the girl told me the next intake would be 5 weeks after the current intake.
    This is the norm, however, we are coming into the summer now, and historically they have skipped one intake during the summer months, which would make the next intake around July - however, since they have not recruited in a few years, they may decide to buck this trend because we need people to replace those who have left/retired/got binned, and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

This is the norm, however, we are coming into the summer now, and historically they have skipped one intake during the summer months, which would make the next intake around July - however, since they have not recruited in a few years, they may decide to buck this trend because we need people to replace those who have left/retired/got binned, and so on.

We were told on Sunday by the training staff there is a new squad starting every 5 weeks by the time first squad pass out 4/5 squads will be in the building (200 people).

hopeful34 wrote: »
    We were told on Sunday by the training staff there is a new squad starting every 5 weeks by the time first squad pass out 4/5 squads will be in the building (200 people).
    thanks for this!!:eek:
    fingers crossed things start to move along for people without more speculation and guessing...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Can anyone who has been for an induction (if you have yet) or spoken to HR confirm if the full 22 weeks is residential?

You could say, Im not from around here

Advertisement