Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

Ruffle wrote: »
    I've just had THE CALL!!!! I'm ecstatic but very nervous. Eeek I can't believe it

Ahh well done Ruffle!! Delighted for u! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Well done everyone. I'm dreading another 5 week wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Congrats ruffle!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

How long was your wait ruffle?? Sine your medical/PCA...

Trying to find a pattern lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

Medical in early July, vetting I think was the hold up, I rang a few weeks ago and it was still outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Ruffle wrote: »
    Medical in early July, vetting I think was the hold up, I rang a few weeks ago and it was still outstanding

mind if I ask your AC score?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

Thank you guys. Ac in the 75-80 bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

See mine was end of August and my score was 70. So I guess I'm a bit away yet

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

I had my medical mid July and confirmation within a few days of passing

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ant08

Just off with vetting dept, seems mine is still pending. Nearly three months now since I sent it off...all very frustrating, but just have to get on with it and fingers crossed it will be all clear for next batch of calls!!

• Advertisement

ant08 wrote: »
    Just off with vetting dept, seems mine is still pending. Nearly three months now since I sent it off...all very frustrating, but just have to get on with it and fingers crossed it will be all clear for next batch of calls!!

Aw well at least u know what's holding u up now! Just chill now for a month while u can and then it will be all hype when we get our calls next month :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I hate that, take myself off boards, I end up having heaps of pages to catch up on. A few things to share with you, firstly a massive congratulations to those who got the call, we're all jealous as hell lol.

As far as calls go with C1 they usually happened over a 3 day period and came pretty much like clockwork every 5 weeks, exception was the July "festivities" :D

If anyone fancies throwing in a FOI request to see how exactly the merit list is determined that might help a few of you. From what I've heard it's not just your AC score that gives you your merit number, I'm assuming they may take into account your IST score, possibly PCA and medical. Who really knows but that's how we all figured in C1 how candidates with a lower AC score got a call and another didn't if both had cleared vetting and were in limbo.

This is fact from C1, possibly more moving of goal posts this campaign lol but if your PCA will expire BEFORE your GV start date you WILL NEED TO REPEAT THE PCA BEFORE AN OFFER IF EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING CAN BE MADE TO YOU. it happened to me. So keep an eye on when yours expires. If anyone has been told any different I'd appreciate being told for personal reasons :)

Those still in limbo don't be getting disheartened, the vetting will clear, maybe not as quickly as you'd like but it will. The call will come eventually, they haven't recruited the numbers they said they wanted so settle.

Btw I know I'm probably not in with a shot at C2 but I'm annoyed there's a piss up and I'm not invited you little ****s lol.

PS kind of dawned on me while I'm cooking. No idea why, I'm too obsessed lol, won't it be about 12 weeks since the first couple of sets of PCAs? If so they'll be called first :-/ anyway settle yourself it will happen lol

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Yeah mop there has to be more to it than AC score. I thought medicals were down in order too but I had my medical at the beginning of my batch and there are people who had medicals two weeks after me that have got a call. Makes no sense! Don't know how they could use your medical or PCA as a factor though, can definitely see it being a combination of AC and IST!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

I think both mop and CD have valid points to be honest.

As Mop said there's still people like me who were in the very first batch who did their PCAs 3 months ago. If there vetting has cleared in the last month since last calls it stands to reason they would get called first.

And as CD says it could very well be a combination of AC and IST.

But...anyone sitting with their vetting cleared should be feeling very optimistic - your time is coming very soon! It could be worse like, you could be in my situation lol

I think both mop and CD have valid points to be honest.

As Mop said there's still people like me who were in the very first batch who did their PCAs 3 months ago. If there vetting has cleared in the last month since last calls it stands to reason they would get called first.

And as CD says it could very well be a combination of AC and IST.

But...anyone sitting with their vetting cleared should be feeling very optimistic - your time is coming very soon! It could be worse like, you could be in my situation lol

What wat are u now then midget? Just waiting on vetting to clear?

Lol or mine :D

Think it's probably IST and AC scores but who knows. Was thinking they could give you points for certain times in the PCA if you get where my over thinking was coming from lol. Who is it that keeps throwing on FOI requests? They're easily enough done, I just don't have time ATM and tbh I'm not that concerned as I think I'll not progress this campaign. Next campy will be a different matter. Might do one then.

As Midget said, it's only a matter of time, patience is a virtue though :-/

Mallbo26 wrote: »
    What wat are u now then midget? Just waiting on vetting to clear?

Yea...vetting is standing in my way at min. Sitting on an AC score of around 80. Crossing fingers that I get called next month otherwise my PCA will expire and ill have to sit it again. Fitness is still good but still - adds to the nerves having to do that over again lol

And mop...keep the faith girl! There could be movement yet ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Yeah mop there has to be more to it than AC score. I thought medicals were down in order too but I had my medical at the beginning of my batch and there are people who had medicals two weeks after me that have got a call. Makes no sense! Don't know how they could use your medical or PCA as a factor though, can definitely see it being a combination of AC and IST!

Think having to do PCA retakes delayed medicals for people with high AC scores and as such they have maybe only done PCA (retake) and medical recently.

The IST combo theory might have legs as I have passed everything (including vetting) but literally scraped IST.

j3llybean wrote: »
    Think having to do PCA retakes delayed medicals for people with high AC scores and as such they have maybe only done PCA (retake) and medical recently.

The IST combo theory might have legs as I have passed everything (including vetting) but literally scraped IST.

Hmm I know I suggested IST but I've passed everything inc vetting and I had a good IST score too! Ah! Why do they not just tell you how it's done??? And back in the old campaigns years ago you could phone up and get
    Your place on the merit list too!

Hmm I know I suggested IST but I've passed everything inc vetting and I had a good IST score too! Ah! Why do they not just tell you how it's done??? And back in the old campaigns years ago you could phone up and get
    Your place on the merit list too!

That kinda puts the kibosh on that theory then! Also apparently back in the day they didn't do medicals until you had cleared vetting, sounds wise considering the cost involved and at least there wouldn't be people sitting wondering where they stood. Although I did end up asking about vetting for fear of being committed to an altogether different institution!

Is anyone else holding out any hope that there might be calls tomorrow? Wish we knew how many calls had already gone out altogether.

• Advertisement

I think we all need to keep the faith :-)

Do we all reckon there will definitely be calls next month? If so then we just need to hold out and hope for a call then :-)

I wouldn't imagine there will be any calls tomorrow, 3 days seems to be the trend!

My vetting hasn't cleared yet but I'm naively confident it will have by next month!

Also can they just decide not to take us even if we have passed everything? Like what's the procedure there? Are we told either way in the end?

Anythings possible Mallbo! The way it worked with campaign 1, they sent out dear john letters at the end when they decided they weren't taking any more on. And yes, there were people who had passed everything and didn't get a call. Just ask mop!
    I'm certainly hoping for calls next month, they have only taken 3 squads so they couldn't be at their target yet!

Anythings possible Mallbo! The way it worked with campaign 1, they sent out dear john letters at the end when they decided they weren't taking any more on. And yes, there were people who had passed everything and didn't get a call. Just ask mop!
    I'm certainly hoping for calls next month, they have only taken 3 squads so they couldn't be at their target yet!

Oh flip! I didn't realise that! Well that's definitely scared the crap out of me! Haha!

Ahh guys whatever will be will be! No point making ourselves sick stressing over it! I think they are simply saving the best until last! ;-)

Mallbo26 wrote: »
    Oh flip! I didn't realise that! Well that's definitely scared the crap out of me! Haha!

Ahh guys whatever will be will be! No point making ourselves sick stressing over it! I think they are simply saving the best until last! ;-)

Well don't panic Mall! Last campaign I was reliably informed there was 11 squads taken in total. Now I'm not saying there is going to be the exact same this time around but safe to say we can definitely expect a few more yet!

So why doesn't anyone throw in a FOI Request asking how the merit list is determined. Download the form from PSNI website, fill it in and email it off. Costs nothing and then you'd all know for certain!

Back in the day you didn't have to pass a PCA before you were offered the job. You started GV on the Sunday and you did that first clip on Monday morning lol!!! Nice welcome to the hotel I think :D then throughout your training you had to make progress and obviously pass that and the 5k run time or make a %improvement to your time or else you couldn't pass out.

If the intake sizes are bigger I reckon you won't get as many as in C1, also it depends how many recruits they're going to take this campaign. But you guys just need to settle and have faith :)

Damn.. So I had a nosey at FOIs again and I noticed one that said there are 195 people of the merit list with scores between 70.5 and 75.5!!! Any blooming wonder I didn't get a blooming call! I'd be at the lower end of that and with intakes between 40-50 it could be a while....

Damn.. So I had a nosey at FOIs again and I noticed one that said there are 195 people of the merit list with scores between 70.5 and 75.5!!! Any blooming wonder I didn't get a blooming call! I'd be at the lower end of that and with intakes between 40-50 it could be a while....

what stage is this information from? Post PCA and Medicals?

That's obviously just based on AC scores but with PCA resits there are going to be less people failing and dropping out of the process than before!!

Flip! I'm sitting at just under 72% so we could be waiting a while alright! How many do u reckon have been taken in so far? Over 100? Never fear, could be next month or month after before they get down to us :-)

• Advertisement

And that's another reason that I personally think they should have left the PCA as it was :-/

Advertisement