Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

And the wait continues, definitely not seeing any rhyme or reason to selection for Garnerville, I've submitted an FOI application to see if IST scores have any affect on offers but it seems to me the fact that IST is simply pass fail once you achieve a target, given that they do not break down the results in the same way that the AC score was

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    And the wait continues, definitely not seeing any rhyme or reason to selection for Garnerville, I've submitted an FOI application to see if IST scores have any affect on offers but it seems to me the fact that IST is simply pass fail once you achieve a target, given that they do not break down the results in the same way that the AC score was

Perhaps PCA is a factor, what was your rough time and force? Has vetting cleared? Any medical issues?

Again with PCA its pass fail its a minimum standard I did it in 3.33 as I paced myself and didn't want to make any mistakes can't remember my push pull of hand it was near 40, vetting cleared in June and I passed my medical with adjustment as the Chief medical examiner said it himself he can see no reason why I wouldn't be able to perform the day to day roll of a constable

Again with PCA its pass fail its a minimum standard I did it in 3.33 as I paced myself and didn't want to make any mistakes can't remember my push pull of hand it was near 40, vetting cleared in June and I passed my medical with adjustment as the Chief medical examiner said it himself he can see no reason why I wouldn't be able to perform the day to day roll of a constable

Those are solid numbers. The only possibilities I can see are; they somehow overlooked you, your medical adjustment may have attracted some further scrutiny or they are trying to get more girls in first. Logically I can't see anything else.

thanks man,

Chief medical examiner, actually said ordinarily my case would be referred to him for decision but I guess I got lucky the day of my medical when he examined me, my adjustments are very minor mainly to do with how I would handle a weapon but I have previous experience using similar systems with no noticeable disadvantage in performance

someone correct me if i'm mistaken but I thought we had gotten away from recruitment processes that favor minority and gender

• Advertisement

thanks man,

Chief medical examiner, actually said ordinarily my case would be referred to him for decision but I guess I got lucky the day of my medical when he examined me, my adjustments are very minor mainly to do with how I would handle a weapon but I have previous experience using similar systems with no noticeable disadvantage in performance

someone correct me if i'm mistaken but I thought we had gotten away from recruitment processes that favor minority and gender

At the end of the day, we don't know exactly how they filter all eligible candidates within the pool. But with such an emphasis on being PC and diverse... It is definitely a possibility, no matter how unfair it would be.

You speak the truth captain truth (is it bad I laugh at my own jokes lol)

Ah well I'll just have to wait and see its a shame that in and age where everything is computerized we aren't able to log onto some kind of recruitment system to view the status of our application and comparative ranking to other candidates imagine how much less stressful it would be lol

Ivan, it's better to laugh than to cry I always say! I unashamedly laugh at my own jokes all the time... Cause nobody else does! (currently crying)

Ivan, it's better to laugh than to cry I always say! I unashamedly laugh at my own jokes all the time... Cause nobody else does! (currently crying)

In that case to the pub for an impromptu bad joke and drinking session lol

Currently in a dead end job that only a few years ago had massive development opportunities fast track management schemes and great benefits for employees but recently everything has been cut to the bone we are not allowed to exceed 38 hours which makes earning extra for saving is nigh impossible, and to top it all I'm a supervisor so I get grief from 3 directions below above and from customers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

Nothing like a bit of Lasik to pass the time waiting! Feeling ready as I'll ever be now- here's hoping the next few weeks fly by!
    Seem to be a lot of us just waiting now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

Phoned the HR team again...vetting still "ongoing" - the wait is killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

My lovely try not to let it get you down. Focus on something positive at home but just to be on the safe side apply for C3, I hope you don't need to rely on it but it's always better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

I know Mop a Top :)

I'll stick my app for the next campaign in over the weekend; don't want to be giving it a miss then getting bad news and having to wait until this time next year potentially to apply again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Medical pass today and I rang recruitment and my vetting has cleared. That means I am officially in here then!?

Score of 69 - 71.

Anyone else around me? Or anyone already in with this score? Im going to be saying my prayers every night without fail!

Joe789 wrote: »
    Medical pass today and I rang recruitment and my vetting has cleared. That means I am officially in here then!?

Score of 69 - 71.

Anyone else around me? Or anyone already in with this score? Im going to be saying my prayers every night without fail!

Congrats Joe! I am in the same boat, just waiting to hear directly from the PSNI about substance misuse and what happens next.

Congrats Joe! I am in the same boat, just waiting to hear directly from the PSNI about substance misuse and what happens next.

Captain!

I just hope they dont cut off recruitment im forever looking at the worst case scenario. Was your medical this week? Mine was. Do we reckon substance misuse will be back in time to be in the hat for the next batch of calls? If there are any - which there better be!lol

Captain!

I just hope they dont cut off recruitment im forever looking at the worst case scenario. Was your medical this week? Mine was. Do we reckon substance misuse will be back in time to be in the hat for the next batch of calls? If there are any - which there better be!lol

My medical was this week indeed. Substance misuse results take at most a week to process, generally quicker than that from what I've heard! The next batch of calls will be slap bang in the middle of October (5 weeks after the last batch) and sure they intend to recruit well into 2016, so we then can expect to see 3 more squads called in the remainder of this year.

And with these squads being significantly larger than before at 51 recruits, then logically speaking... I'd say there's a good chance of getting a call sooner rather than later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

And with these squads being significantly larger than before at 51 recruits, then logically speaking... I'd say there's a good chance of getting a call sooner rather than later!

Have to agree with you my lovely! Patience you two, the call is coming I reckon you'll be hitting hotel GV by the new year ;)

Score of 69 - 71.

I'm a few percent above you but waiting to hear back about a DDA panel decision waiting is the killer lol

Best advice is chill and look over any of the online learning stuff you might have saved so if the call does come you at least have a headstart on that

I'm a few percent above you but waiting to hear back about a DDA panel decision waiting is the killer lol

Best advice is chill and look over any of the online learning stuff you might have saved so if the call does come you at least have a headstart on that

Must be a horrible wait Ivan. Fingers crossed they get back to you asap. Read your posts there. Can you contact them for a timeframe of a possible answer?

• Advertisement

Must be a horrible wait Ivan. Fingers crossed they get back to you asap. Read your posts there. Can you contact them for a timeframe of a possible answer?

When I called they just told me they where looking for more information, and the girl I spoke with couldn't comment because she wasn't on that panel, so far they haven't contacted my GP

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

generally speaking, if you've passed your PCA and medical/drugs test and have been given the online learning to do then you're within 6 months of spending 22 weeks in hotel GV. That is provided your circumstances don't change. Good luck to you all, its a tough 22 weeks but worth every second.

generally speaking, if you've passed your PCA and medical/drugs test and have been given the online learning to do then you're within 6 months of spending 22 weeks in hotel GV. That is provided your circumstances don't change. Good luck to you all, its a tough 22 weeks but worth every second.

Online learning has been completed. Thats the first thing that gets done after assessment centre. A casual 6 month wait, easy! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Online learning has been completed. Thats the first thing that gets done after assessment centre. A casual 6 month wait, easy! Haha

You get given another online learning after your medical. Much the same stuff but a bit more in depth if I remember rightly

So I got 'A' call today not 'The' call but I'm definitely very happy about it, I have to report to GV for assessment with a trainer to discuss my adjustments needs for training

Excellent news Ivan. So have they signed you off as a pass for the medical? A definite positive step.

Excellent news Ivan. So have they signed you off as a pass for the medical? A definite positive step.

Hey thanks Joe I've been a little bit on cloud 9 but I don't want to count my chickens and all that just yet, but its nice to know I'm still in the running

I passed the medical on the day Joe but my pass was medically fit with adjustment, this meeting is to determine whether or not the adjustment is reasonable for active duty

and going on the information I have so far about the trainer I am meeting I can't forsee it being a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

So I got 'A' call today not 'The' call but I'm definitely very happy about it, I have to report to GV for assessment with a trainer to discuss my adjustments needs for training

Well done Ivan!! Brillian news for you!! I'm sure you're just delighted! :-)
    Best of luck with assessment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

Great news Ivan. Delighted for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Sweet Ivan mate...one step closer!

Official calls next week (going on the 5 week rule) so looks positive mate!

Advertisement