Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

Congratulations Ivan, that will be a massive weight of your soldiers! Onwards and upwards.

As for calls, am i correct in saying, they were split over Wednesday to Friday last time? I initially thought they went out on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Can't be 100% but I think there were calls made on Tuesday last time out Truth

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Thanks everyone

the part I'm looking forward too most is quitting my current job lol

Awwwww mate...you and me both lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Add me to that club lol I dream about it. No joke!

8th Sept the last calls started on which was a Tuesday. 5 weeks next Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Joe789 wrote: »
    Add me to that club lol I dream about it. No joke!

8th Sept the last calls started on which was a Tuesday. 5 weeks next Tuesday.

wow that soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

Been counting down the days to next Tuesday for a while now. I'll be gutted if I don't get a call next week. But also petrified if I do. I've thought so much about how I want a call but kind of forgot that when I DO get the call it all becomes VERY real then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

Hey I'm new on here. I'm at 4.5 with everything that I can do submitted. I don't think everything will be completed before the next batch of calls however but fingers crossed. Some worries about medical but we will just have to see. It's been a good 12-15 month process to get here with the budget freezes etc so all my fingers and toes are crossed that I hear back soon. Is it around 2 weeks after the medical that you hear back about the results and do they send a letter or ring you ?

Welcome to the club b&b (excellent name choice by the way). You receive a letter from the medical team 1-2 days after medical, then psni will be in contact with you by letter I think, regarding your substance misuse test results and what happens next. Have you got the letter from medical saying you are fit for the role?

1-2 day? Wow I thought it would be longer. I only done the medical in the last week and haven't received anything yet. It's a nervous time with all this waiting.

• Advertisement

1-2 day? Wow I thought it would be longer. I only done the medical in the last week and haven't received anything yet. It's a nervous time with all this waiting.

Do you mean last week or this current week? If there are any potential issues, that will slow the process more than likely.

Do you mean last week or this current week? If there are any potential issues, that will slow the process more than likely.

It was this week. Should have something before the weekend then hopefully. Thanks :)

It was this week. Should have something before the weekend then hopefully. Thanks :)

If history is anything to go by, you will have it tomorrow!

If history is anything to go by, you will have it tomorrow!

Ok fingers crossed :) thanks for the quick replies. Taken so long to get to this stage so hopefully it hasn't been in vain :)

Ok fingers crossed :) thanks for the quick replies. Taken so long to get to this stage so hopefully it hasn't been in vain :)

Don't mention it! I know the feeling, and when I have time I tend to watch this forum like a hawk lol

Thank god...last hurdle overcame. Vetting passed! Recruitment must be sick of me by now haha

Thank god...last hurdle overcame. Vetting passed! Recruitment must be sick of me by now haha

Well done :) are we supposed to contact the recruitment team every so often? I haven't contacted them at all as didn't think you could :( did you ring up and ask them just ?

They're not overjoyed about people contacting them to ask for status updates but if your real nice they're ok.

I just contacted them cos I'm in the first batch of guys (prob last one left on here) and my vetting took an eternity

Whats the story of the SMT then. Do you get a letter giving the result?

No Joe...its a case of no news is good news for the SMT mate

• Advertisement

Righteo! Well no news which confirms my thoughts that I havent misused any substances.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

It's been a while, what's SMT?

They're not overjoyed about people contacting them to ask for status updates but if your real nice they're ok.

I just contacted them cos I'm in the first batch of guys (prob last one left on here) and my vetting took an eternity

Yea my vetting has been with them for a good 3+ months and no news yet.

So after medical, drugs misuse test and vetting complete is that it done?

Think they mean substance misuse test? I scratched my head and then it came to me :)

I vaguely remember hearing/reading that it usually takes 7 days or so to clear, is that true?

Also, do we not get a letter from psni basically saying that we are in the waiting room?

Substance misuse test. Hope all is well Dibble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Righteo! Well no news which confirms my thoughts that I havent misused any substances.

Lol you been using them the right way :P sorry bad attempt at a joke

Also, do we not get a letter from psni basically saying that we are in the waiting room?

Nope. You'll get a pass letter from medical then it's the call. Nothing in between my lovely

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol you been using them the right way :P sorry bad attempt at a joke

Lol mop. In my lifetime ive never misused a substance but im telling you ive been quite nervous of the outcome of the result!

• Advertisement

Lol mop. In my lifetime ive never misused a substance but im telling you ive been quite nervous of the outcome of the result!

Lol I was exactly the same :D

In C2 AC day there were folk who hadn't done C1 so they were asking questions about the next stages and one was about the medical. I was telling them everything that happened and how they do the SMT. I swear to god there was this lady who'd been sitting talking about her grandkids 5 mins before said "well that's just bloody great, may throw in the towel now" one girl asked why and she said she loved a little smoke in the evenings when the grandkids went home. I think everyone was busting to laugh but managed to remain quiet, I rather foolishly said it's a good job she didn't look after my kids or she'd be hitting harder stuff.

Advertisement