Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

Mop a top wrote: »
    Nope. You'll get a pass letter from medical then it's the call. Nothing in between my lovely

Well Im just waiting on the call then it seems :) YAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol I was exactly the same :D

In C2 AC day there were folk who hadn't done C1 so they were asking questions about the next stages and one was about the medical. I was telling them everything that happened and how they do the SMT. I swear to god there was this lady who'd been sitting talking about her grandkids 5 mins before said "well that's just bloody great, may throw in the towel now" one girl asked why and she said she loved a little smoke in the evenings when the grandkids went home. I think everyone was busting to laugh but managed to remain quiet, I rather foolishly said it's a good job she didn't look after my kids or she'd be hitting harder stuff.

Hahaha. Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Joe789 wrote: »
    Substance misuse test. Hope all is well Dibble!

All is good Joe789
    Medical not too far away now. Doubt I'll be getting a call this month, hopefully next month bud.

Are you guys from the 1405 campaign?

Yep BB.

• Advertisement

Its been a long wait hasnt it? Hopefully in the final run now and we get in. I haven't stopped feeling nervous this week, means alot to me

Are you guys from the 1405 campaign?

Yea that's us, the 1405 brigade!!

PCA last month and waiting for medical this month then hopefully just wait for a call :)

Its been a long wait hasnt it? Hopefully in the final run now and we get in. I haven't stopped feeling nervous this week, means alot to me

Certainly has BB. I know the feeling, especially as I am always full of self doubt and never believed I would get to this stage. I can't stop thinking about the possibility of getting the call after many years of trying to get out of my current place of work. Fingers crossed for us pal!

Yea that's us, the 1405 brigade!!

PCA last month and waiting for medical this month then hopefully just wait for a call :)

18 months on and we are still hanging in there!

18 months on and we are still hanging in there!

Yea its been a long wait but hopefully worthwhile

Certainly has BB. I know the feeling, especially as I am always full of self doubt and never believed I would get to this stage. I can't stop thinking about the possibility of getting the call after many years of trying to get out of my current place of work. Fingers crossed for us pal!

Yup fingers crossed. Medical is done and dusted and just waiting on the final hurdle now. The wait is going to kill me but Im just going to keep at the gym and focus on that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ant08

Called recruitment yesterday about my vetting and its still not cleared, disappointed to say the least as I sent it off in June. So I'm not expecting a call next week. Though im slightly worried as it only leaves another group call (going by the 5 week rule) in November before my pca expires in December, so hopefully it's long passed by that stage!

Maybe thinking too far ahead lol...... positive mental attitude none the less

ant08 wrote: »
    Called recruitment yesterday about my vetting and its still not cleared, disappointed to say the least as I sent it off in June. So I'm not expecting a call next week. Though im slightly worried as it only leaves another group call (going by the 5 week rule) in November before my pca expires in December, so hopefully it's long passed by that stage!

Maybe thinking too far ahead lol...... positive mental attitude none the less

I hear you! It's hard to tell how long it is gonna take and I'm in the same boat although my fitness and medical were only recently completed. Been a long year and a half but keep your chin up and we will be fine

If your PCA is due to expire are you able to organise a re-test before it does so you are not excluded from any possible intakes?

If your PCA is due to expire are you able to organise a re-test before it does so you are not excluded from any possible intakes?

Not sure how it works unfortunately. I'd like to think you can just do a fitness test etc rather than start the whole process again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Not sure how it works unfortunately. I'd like to think you can just do a fitness test etc rather than start the whole process again ?

You just have to do the PCA again. Nothing to worry about but be proactive about scheduling it if you need to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

With me in C1 they wait until PCA is expired before letting you know and to retake it. Mine expired first week of October and missed September calls for October start, think there was only a few days between it expiring and what should have been my GV start date. They rescheduled it for end November which meant I missed out on 2 more sets of calls, the October and November ones.

I've had pm's from a few folk in the same boat as you asking advice but I'm telling them the same as the others are saying here, be proactive. Keep up the training. Contact recruitment and ask is there anyway they can reschedule another one ASAP or as close the the expiry date if they have to wait until after. Keep your chin up and don't get disheartened. As soon as doubts start creeping in the PCA has won x

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Def gonna have to redo my PCA. Just got my vetting passed other day but PCA expires middle of November. Typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Def gonna have to redo my PCA. Just got my vetting passed other day but PCA expires middle of November. Typical!

You could be called in next week or so! Have faith and cross everything crossable :)

Derob wrote: »
    You could be called in next week or so! Have faith and cross everything crossable :)

Even if I get the call on Tuesday tho Derob, my PCA will expire the week before I'm due to start GV. AS Mop saI'd above, hers was only a few days and it was a no go

Just when I thought I was close it gets further away lol

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Even if I get the call on Tuesday tho Derob, my PCA will expire the week before I'm due to start GV. AS Mop saI'd above, hers was only a few days and it was a no go

Just when I thought I was close it gets further away lol
    Oh right, thought it was just until you got the call :(

• Advertisement

Derob wrote: »
    Oh right, thought it was just until you got the call :(

No unfortunately not. If your PCA expires before your GV start date you have to resit it. Not good news for me and I'm sure a few others on here will be in a similar boat

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Update for myself

I met with a Firearms training officer and ran through a few safety and handling drills and he was more than confident I could operate the pistol safely, he now has to contact recruitment and tell them and just to be on the safe side I emailed them as well

here is hoping I'm in the next squad

Nice one!! That's great news and a huge weight off your mind I'm sure!!

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    Update for myself

I met with a Firearms training officer and ran through a few safety and handling drills and he was more than confident I could operate the pistol safely, he now has to contact recruitment and tell them and just to be on the safe side I emailed them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Nice one!! That's great news and a huge weight off your mind I'm sure!!

One of those things I knew I could do given past experience but in the grand scheme of things its a tick box exercise to make certain on their part

I snuck in a question about my position on recruitment when I emailed them to confirm I had attended but as always unable to advise if or when I may get an offer

No unfortunately not. If your PCA expires before your GV start date you have to resit it. Not good news for me and I'm sure a few others on here will be in a similar boat

Midget maybe you should contact them now regarding your concerns with PCA. They may be able to get you up there ASAP to re-do it. I may have read in the archives if get the call but your PCA is due to expire before start date you have to re-do it before then, but you still get called. But I would definitely contact then monday to see what they can do.

Midget maybe you should contact them now regarding your concerns with PCA. They may be able to get you up there ASAP to re-do it. I may have read in the archives if get the call but your PCA is due to expire before start date you have to re-do it before then, but you still get called. But I would definitely contact then monday to see what they can do.

Kinda surprised that I would still be in line to get a call if my PCA would expire before I would start my training. Where abouts did you come across that info?

Def gonna contact recruitment on Monday to see what they say ... if anything lol.

Cheers Joe btw! You hoping for a call next week too mate?

Kinda surprised that I would still be in line to get a call if my PCA would expire before I would start my training. Where abouts did you come across that info?

Def gonna contact recruitment on Monday to see what they say ... if anything lol.

Cheers Joe btw! You hoping for a call next week too mate?

I think I read it somewhere on these boards but dont quote me Ive read an awful lot these past few days! Ill try and see if I can find the post. If your PCA is in date and everything is clear surely you would still be in the merit pool. So if the call comes you would be in line to recieve one. Or do they take you out of the pool with 6 weeks to go of your PCA date. So saying you are in the pool with 3 weeks left do they offer you a place providing you pass again before day 00. Tricky one.

Vetting clear and did medical 2 weeks ago so hopefully im in the pool eligible for a call Midget!

I think I read it somewhere on these boards but dont quote me Ive read an awful lot these past few days! Ill try and see if I can find the post. If your PCA is in date and everything is clear surely you would still be in the merit pool. So if the call comes you would be in line to recieve one. Or do they take you out of the pool with 6 weeks to go of your PCA date. So saying you are in the pool with 3 weeks left do they offer you a place providing you pass again before day 00. Tricky one.

Vetting clear and did medical 2 weeks ago so hopefully im in the pool eligible for a call Midget!

Aye if you come across it let me know mate. I've had a look and can't see anything about it. If you can find it I'd appreciate it Joe!

Fingers crossed we both get the call mate ;-)

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    Update for myself

Good stuff Ivan!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

That better not be the case with the PCA. I missed out on a September call cos my PCA expired a few days before the GV start date in C1. I'd be extremely peeved

The only way you guys are going to get an answer is to contact recruitment and see what they say. It would stop you speculating and panicking

Advertisement