Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 aloha2711

Hi everyone

Hoping someone can give me some advise.....

I have recently found out that I have passed my medical and I was wondering what's next? Do we get letters back regarding our SMT, or do the results go back to recruitment and we just have to wait now?!

Vetting and everything else is passed.

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

aloha2711 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Hoping someone can give me some advise.....

I have recently found out that I have passed my medical and I was wondering what's next? Do we get letters back regarding our SMT, or do the results go back to recruitment and we just have to wait now?!

Vetting and everything else is passed.

Many thanks :)

No news is good news on the SMT front mate. If everything is passed.you just gotta sit tight n wait for that call. Good luck!

Thank you!

Patience is not a virtue tho! lol

Thank you!

Patience is not a virtue tho! lol

Tell me about it!!! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

Have "the calls" ever gone out on a Monday or is it usually Tuesday onwards?

• Advertisement

badi15 wrote: »
    Have "the calls" ever gone out on a Monday or is it usually Tuesday onwards?

Not too sure Bad, I think it varies tbh. I know the very first ones in July were Wed, Thurs n Fri. Last month it was Tues, Wed n Thurs. The other ones I dunno.

Just keep the phone charged n beside you at all times ;-)

Not too sure Bad, I think it varies tbh. I know the very first ones in July were Wed, Thurs n Fri. Last month it was Tues, Wed n Thurs. The other ones I dunno.

Just keep the phone charged n beside you at all times ;-)

It's not leaving my side this week!!!

Fingers crossed for you mate, and everyone on here who's hoping for the call!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

Best of luck to everyone waiting on a call this week kids!
    Fingers crossed for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

I'm hoping they start calling tommorow, I have the morning off so a call will make doing the late shift a lot more tolerable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

I'm trying not to watch my phone but find I am, as well as checking the signal every so often!

Still not sure if my vetting is cleared - if I hear nothing by end of the week I may phone them again to see what the status is!

Good luck to everyone waiting - this is torture!!!!!!

Just found out I gotta do my PCA again cos it's due to expire soon. Suspected I might but it's been confirmed now. The joys of it all!

@Midgetgem84 - that sucks. When will you be doing it? Does that mean you have to go through all the other stuff again (Medical etc...) or is it a case of ensuring your fitness is still at a decent level before waiting on the call again?

@Midgetgem84 - that sucks. When will you be doing it? Does that mean you have to go through all the other stuff again (Medical etc...) or is it a case of ensuring your fitness is still at a decent level before waiting on the call again?

No just PCA resit. I passed my physical back in May but my vetting only cleared last week. Means by time next intake starts the training my PCA will expire.

So waiting on my date for resit then once I pass that (again haha) I'm.good to go!

positive mental attitude :)

Yea mate...I've come this far, not going to let another short wait get me down. My fitness is still good so I'm confident.

I'll be rooting for the rest of you to get calls this week but my day will come soon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MrIndecisive

Hi All, just wondering if you can help me. I have recently applied to this new campaign. Could you tell me if they get in touch with you regardless of your application being accepted for next stage or not? And roughly what the timeframe does be for a response?

Thanks in advance. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

Hi All, just wondering if you can help me. I have recently applied to this new campaign. Could you tell me if they get in touch with you regardless of your application being accepted for next stage or not? And roughly what the timeframe does be for a response?

Thanks in advance. 😎

You will get an invitation to sit the Initial Selection Test provided you have all the necessary qualifications etc.

There is a board for both general questions and the IST. You will find them here.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057414490/12/#post97319404

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055314027/178/#post97282626

Best of luck

So, do we dare to think that there could be some phonecalls going out today then??

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

So, do we dare to think that there could be some phonecalls going out today then??

shhhh you can't think about calls or they won't happen lol

• Advertisement

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    shhhh you can't think about calls or they won't happen lol

Oh no!!! I can think of nothing else!!

...and now all I can do is watch my phone!

Lay awake til 2 last night thinking about it lol. Finding it hard to concentrate on anything else this week.

Very quiet so far!

Calm before the storm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Alphabetical order apparently. Im way down that list!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

Very quiet so far!

Calm before the storm?

Don't know what's going on Midget, my nerves are wrecked though! Haha!

God help the person that calls me from a withheld number about PPI today

I'm just looking at my phone - boss will wonder if I am doing anything today!

I'm jealous...I'd love to be having those nerves to be honest haha

• Advertisement

I'm jealous...I'd love to be having those nerves to be honest haha

U'll get there Midgetgem! Just keep the faith! :)

Advertisement