Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

badi15 wrote: »
    I've a horrible feeling it's not going to be today

Really? Do you think it will be his week at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 aloha2711

badi15 wrote: »
    I've a horrible feeling it's not going to be today

What makes you think that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Settle my lovelies. You know the calls used to come any day of the week. Plus they're maybe waiting to hear back from other departments that there's been nothing flagged about potential recruits. Calls used to come in 2/3 day blocks but something's it started on different days of the week. Sometimes they did calls on a Thursday Friday and Monday just to twist the knife a little more and make some poor buggers wait the weekend out :-/

Think of us less unfortunate muppets waiting on getting that far and relax, if you don't get a call this time round there's probably 3/4 more intakes before the new batch catch up so loads of time. Stop going yourselves grey hair and wrinkles!!!!

Mop a top wrote: »
    Settle my lovelies. You know the calls used to come any day of the week. Plus they're maybe waiting to hear back from other departments that there's been nothing flagged about potential recruits. Calls used to come in 2/3 day blocks but something's it started on different days of the week. Sometimes they did calls on a Thursday Friday and Monday just to twist the knife a little more and make some poor buggers wait the weekend out :-/

Think of us less unfortunate muppets waiting on getting that far and relax, if you don't get a call this time round there's probably 3/4 more intakes before the new batch catch up so loads of time. Stop going yourselves grey hair and wrinkles!!!!

Ahh Mop it's hard to settle though! The end is just in sight!!

I really hope we hear something this week!

Can you recall roughly what time calls started going out on previous call days? I can't remember! I don't think my brain works today! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

General question - what happens if you have things planned/booked which may interfere with when you were potentially supposed to be in training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

aloha2711 wrote: »
    What makes you think that?

I'm thinking next week, well more like hoping lol having only done medical yesterday it'd be too early for a call for me, but swear if phone does ring end of this week or next week with a withheld number well god help the poor soul on other end of line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Religiously the calls have came on the Thursday morning from 9am onwards apart from the Tuesday start 5 weeks ago. I would imagine they are going to happen tomorrow as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Derob wrote: »
    I'm thinking next week, well more like hoping lol having only done medical yesterday it'd be too early for a call for me, but swear if phone does ring end of this week or next week with a withheld number well god help the poor soul on other end of line :)

lol every PPI call and service provider call in the past 2 months have got very short responses

how did you fair at the AC Derob?

Mallbo26 wrote: »
    Ahh Mop it's hard to settle though! The end is just in sight!!

Lmfao like I don't know that feeling and if C3 runs as planned I'll be back to feeling that sick knotted gut once again.

They started first clip my lovely

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    lol every PPI call and service provider call in the past 2 months have got very short responses

how did you fair at the AC Derob?

68-71 band Ivan have confirmed few weeks ago that vetting has cleared so all set to go

• Advertisement

Lmfao like I don't know that feeling and if C3 runs as planned I'll be back to feeling that sick knotted gut once again.

They started first clip my lovely

Well let's hope C3 is full of upset stomach for you then! Haha! Best of luck with it!

Derob wrote: »
    68-71 band Ivan have confirmed few weeks ago that vetting has cleared so all set to go

Well hopefully we'll be in the same batch

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    Well hopefully we'll be in the same batch

Fingers crossed :)

You ever think that recruitment are watching this thread and thinking haha they all think calls are due today maybe we'll wait a little longer lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

statusz wrote: »
    Religiously the calls have came on the Thursday morning from 9am onwards apart from the Tuesday start 5 weeks ago. I would imagine they are going to happen tomorrow as normal.

I hope your right. The wait is killing me now, and I'm a very patient person lol

You ever think that recruitment are watching this thread and thinking haha they all think calls are due today maybe we'll wait a little longer lol.

every time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

I'd say there's a strong possibility Mop!!

Lol if I was them I would too mwhahahaaaa!!!!! Seriously though guys you've got a few intakes yet until the next batch being processed catches up.! I'm getting all nervous and excited for you all, little jealous too lol. Stay positive. It WILL happen!!! Good luck :D

Haha! Was just thinking that this morning myself! Sitting watching us all squirm! I'm sure it makes for comical reading!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

General question - what happens if you have things planned/booked which may interfere with when you were potentially supposed to be in training?
    You're expected to unplan/unbook whatever it is that's preventing you from accepting a place in training. Unless it's something big like your wedding or the like. In that case, they can push you back into the next intake, but they do ask for proof of whatever circumstances you find yourself in. A holiday, for example, is not accepted as a reason to defer.

-Shield.

• Advertisement

Thanks Shield!

Judging by how quiet it is i'm guessing def no calls today!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Crept on here to see if I should be congratulating anyone...

Place is like a graveyard!!!

haha! Yep, had a wee look earlier and it's very quiet...Maybe nothing this week after all then.

Crept on here to see if I should be congratulating anyone...

Place is like a graveyard!!!

Isn't it just!
    Is it a case that calls haven't went out at all do you think? Or is it just that none of us have got a call?
    I can't decide which to believe! Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Isn't it just!
    Is it a case that calls haven't went out at all do you think? Or is it just that none of us have got a call?

I'd be inclined to think they haven't happened yet. Find it hard to believe that outta all the ones on here in the waiting room calls would have went out and none of you would have got one.

I'm not even expecting one and I'm tense for youse!! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

Isn't it just!

I was imagining that they would want the November intake residential wrapped up before Christmas, thought we might get word earlier rather than later in order to facilitate. Hate feeling so utterly clueless.

I'd be inclined to think they haven't happened yet. Find it hard to believe that outta all the ones on here in the waiting room calls would have went out and none of you would have got one.

I've been thinking that myself! I just wish there would be some movement! Even knowing that calls have went out and we haven't got one would be better than limbo!

Ahh thanks, you're very sweet! Tense is an understatement but whatever will be, will be!

j3llybean wrote: »
    I was imagining that they would want the November intake residential wrapped up before Christmas, thought we might get word earlier rather than later in order to facilitate. Hate feeling so utterly clueless.[/

It's tough isn't it? It's just the not knowing, it makes you overthink everything!

Ah it's out of our hands so best thing we can do is just be patient! Our time will come! (Hopefully!!!)

j3llybean wrote: »
    I was imagining that they would want the November intake residential wrapped up before Christmas, thought we might get word earlier rather than later in order to facilitate. Hate feeling so utterly clueless.[/

It's tough isn't it? It's just the not knowing, it makes you overthink everything!

Ah it's out of our hands so best thing we can do is just be patient! Our time will come! (Hopefully!!!)

totally...though if someone posts that they did indeed get a call then i'll spend the next 3 days waiting for my phone to ring! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

I know that calls usually go out every 5 weeks, but there are a few of us from the last batch of PCAs that are to go through the medic next week. Would they be holding back on calls just to get a bigger pot to select from?? Just a thought tho it's still warmer today.
    Plenty of time for calls to be made.

Advertisement