Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

I know that calls usually go out every 5 weeks, but there are a few of us from the last batch of PCAs that are to go through the medic next week. Would they be holding back on calls just to get a bigger pot to select from?? Just a thought tho it's still warmer today.
    Plenty of time for calls to be made.

jeez my PCA was in July...!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

jeez my PCA was in July...!

Mine too

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

Traditionally it seems that calls go out in the morning, has anybody heard of them going out in the afternoon?

j3llybean wrote: »
    Mine too

i'm in good company then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 aloha2711

This is driving me totally insane! My poor work colleagues don't know whats going on with my crazy moods these days! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Someone didn't turn up to medical this week, so perhaps numbers wise they are waiting until final batch are through next week and vetting is cleared before making calls end of next week for end of November intake

Derob wrote: »
    Someone didn't turn up to medical this week, so perhaps numbers wise they are waiting until final batch are through next week and vetting is cleared before making calls end of next week for end of November intake

I'm not convinced it's a numbers issue. Is everyone here in low seventies AC? Maybe there are a lot of non boardies in a slightly higher bracket?

I'm not convinced it's a numbers issue. Is everyone here in low seventies AC? Maybe there are a lot of non boardies in a slightly higher bracket?

I know some of you are higher but have had vetting delays

I know some of you are higher but have had vetting delays

case of both the above for me j3llybean!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

I'm a high 60s very high. Checked a coupled of weeks ago and vetting is all cleared etc PCA done about 4 Weeks ago, just waiting on medical which is very soon.
    Good to go after that, I hope!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

It's not making much sense at all guys! I genuinely couldn't believe that they are that stuck for numbers! My Pca was July, and everything else passed as of a month ago!

Do u think it's worth an FOI request?!

Or even a phone all to recruitment?

Mallbo26 wrote: »
    It's not making much sense at all guys! I genuinely couldn't believe that they are that stuck for numbers! My Pca was July, and everything else passed as of a month ago!

Do u think it's worth an FOI request?!

Or even a phone all to recruitment?

You and I appear to be very much in the same boat Mallbo26. PCA July, and vetting was passed before last intake calls.
    Don't think they'll tell us anything over the phone tbh.

You and I appear to be very much in the same boat Mallbo26. PCA July, and vetting was passed before last intake calls.
    Don't think they'll tell us anything over the phone tbh.

You're probably right jelly bean! It could be a case that they're just going out later this time! Do we know when October start date is? Because if we can work that out then the next batch will be due 5 weeks after that and they usually give a 4 week period of notice so it could be the case that next week is time enough for calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

I think this has been the worst week for me waiting so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

I'm a high 60s very high. Checked a coupled of weeks ago and vetting is all cleared etc PCA done about 4 Weeks ago, just waiting on medical which is very soon.
    Good to go after that, I hope!!

When did you submit your Vetting forms bud? Mine aren't away long, just wondering roughly how long it took for you.

IvanT1984 wrote: »

After I found this forum 5 weeks ago I'd say last time was worse for me - sort of half expect not to hear anything now as I am not the only one waiting!

110% agreed! Woke up every morning this week absolutely buzzing thinking that it would be the day for calls then just absolute disappointment! So frustrating!

You were in last week for something weren't you Ivan? Made me doubly sure there would be calls this week. Has to be tomorrow! I can't do another month I'll be a nutcase!

You were in last week for something weren't you Ivan? Made me doubly sure there would be calls this week. Has to be tomorrow! I can't do another month I'll be a nutcase!

Yeah I was in GV to meet with an FTO just to see what kind of training adjustments they need to make for me using the pistol, I had myself believing this would be the week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This forum typically yields an average of 25% of an intake. That means if an intake is 40, 10 of those will be from here, affectionately known as "boardsies".

I say this to remind everyone that if you're waiting for THE call, then you're not alone. It usually lights up like a Christmas tree in here when calls go out, so keep everything you can cross crossed, and eventually the law of averages will be kind to you if your scores are comparable with those who are already in-training.

-Shield.

• Advertisement

As of 9am everything I could cross was crossed my colleagues are wondering why I look like I'm bursting for the loo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

I've written off this week entirely if I'm honest.

As of 9am everything I could cross was crossed my colleagues are wondering why I look like I'm bursting for the loo

Do you think there will be calls today Ivan? I'm thinking at this stage, it's going to be next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Roll on Tuesday, I have a feeling that Halloween has came into play this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 aloha2711

badi15 wrote: »
    I've written off this week entirely if I'm honest.

Same here badi! It's not looking likely!

Nah don't expect it this week now just like to fool myself into believing their might be

But if phones ring we will probably dive on them lol

Derob wrote: »
    But if phones ring we will probably dive on them lol

As long as it's not flipping PPI or insurance about that accident I had that I can't remember (I must have hit my head pretty hard....)

As long as it's not flipping PPI or insurance about that accident I had that I can't remember (I must have hit my head pretty hard....)

Did you do that too, thought it was only me had that accident, and we are to be trusted with guns and we can't remember things like that ;)

• Advertisement

Yep I've written off this week too!

Another weekend to sweat it out; might try and enjoy the rugby instead then see what next week brings :)

Advertisement