Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Only 4 weeks residential and after that it depends on personal circumstances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

You can stay for full 22 weeks if you are from further afield. Only those of us within an hour are really expected to leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

JayC90 wrote: »
    Can anyone who has been for an induction (if you have yet) or spoken to HR confirm if the full 22 weeks is residential?

You could say, Im not from around here

35 mile rule sort of applies inside that you go home outside you can stay if there's room

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Cheers folks, Irish Sea may present something of a barrier for me getting home in the evenings :)

If selected that is.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

For any of you guys/gals at the induction weekend, was there any discussion of where the majority would be posted?

• Advertisement

Sthm wrote: »
    For any of you guys/gals at the induction weekend, was there any discussion of where the majority would be posted?

All we were told was every district wants officers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

hopeful34 wrote: »
    All we were told was every district wants officers

Cheers for that. Was it an enjoyable day?

Let's just say it was an eye opener and leave it there.

Oh and a long 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

So how is everyone holding up waiting for the call? Dare we think of phones ringing in 3 weeks time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

Passed the medical, just need to finish the online learning now! I could see a call in 2/3 weeks for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

whatinthe wrote: »
    So how is everyone holding up waiting for the call? Dare we think of phones ringing in 3 weeks time?

In 3 weeks all the second batch of medicals will be completed and online learning closed so would make sense if calls are around then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Constablemaybe

First batch got the call roughly 5 weeks before their start date, if the second batch starts 5 weeks after the first batch then the second batch could get the call in about 3 weeks time, maybe!

I hope so!

Anyone else from the first batch here waiting? I can't remember who's who ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

I hope so!

Anyone else from the first batch here waiting? I can't remember who's who ha!

I am still here...waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

...and me

So, what do you guys think will happen with the next intake? Will those of us left from batch one be next in line, or will there be a merit list drawn up? Thoughts?

So, what do you guys think will happen with the next intake? Will those of us left from batch one be next in line, or will there be a merit list drawn up? Thoughts?

I think it will essentially be the first x amount cleared vetting will be offered positions.

I don't know whether an official merit list will be drawn up as they seem to be just putting enough through who they are going to be able to offer jobs to... hence the number of b passers yet to receive pca dates etc... (must state this is guess work based on little evidence)

Ya I'm hopeful that is how it will work. Come the 2nd week of May I'll have my phone constanly charging in anticipation, just in case haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Maverick89 wrote: »
    ...and me

Me three

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

I'm still here waiting.... Long wait. Hurry up may.

• Advertisement

I wish they could let us know now even if the start date was July/Aug just to stop this torture!! Hopefully if we are up next then there is a greater chance of getting placed in preferred district.

Ya it would be peace of mind as well! Living in limbo at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Nothing to worry about lads ! You could be like most of us B's! No doubt we'll need to reapply! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Could this be the week of phone calls? I think the last ones went out on Thurs 3rd. So hopefully this Thurs... Who knows.

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Could this be the week of phone calls? I think the last ones went out on Thurs 3rd. So hopefully this Thurs... Who knows.

Possibly but I think its more likely to be the week after as the intakes are scheduled to be every 5 wks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

Medical pass in the post this morning, the wait begins, hopefully not too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Sdcharger wrote: »
    Medical pass in the post this morning, the wait begins, hopefully not too long!

How long ago was your medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

How long ago was your medical?

Last Week

Hope we hear something soon so I can stop checking the boards 30 times a day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

at least you are at the happier waiting stage....you are through, so massive well done!!

Advertisement