Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

So it all comes down to tomorrow for this intake (if there are any more calls). I'll be devastated if I don't hear anything! Add to lack of call, a rubbish day in work didn't help matters!

Ah moto! I'm really hoping that you hear tomorrow! Fingers and toes are firmly crossed for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Good luck everyone! Got mine today. Fingers crossed for you all tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

Mallbo26 wrote: »
    Ah moto! I'm really hoping that you hear tomorrow! Fingers and toes are firmly crossed for you!

Same here :( if not we should be on the same intake. When the time is right it will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

good luck y'all today - fingers crossed for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Congrats to everyone who got the call over last few days. Fantastic news for you all n I'm sure the emotions are all over the place.

Good luck to BB n moto that they come for you today too. If it's not today tho, it will be soon!

• Advertisement

Congrats to everyone who got the call over last few days. Fantastic news for you all n I'm sure the emotions are all over the place.

Good luck to BB n moto that they come for you today too. If it's not today tho, it will be soon!

Thanks Midgetgem84!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 aloha2711

Here we go again! Phone fully charged, nerves on high alert!

Good luck today everyone!

If not this time, hopefully next! Fingers, toes and everything crossed!

Good luck guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I'm nervous for you's

Thanks :) fingers crossed too as I don't know how I'll wait to Jan if not lol. I doubt there will be any more before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Thanks :) fingers crossed too as I don't know how I'll wait to Jan if not lol. I doubt there will be any more before Christmas.

The Service have committed to an intake every 5 weeks so December should still be included surely?
    Christmas Day and Boxing Day is only two days...
    Any other thoughts??

The Service have committed to an intake every 5 weeks so December should still be included surely?
    Any other thoughts??

Nothing except it is very quiet!

Any other thoughts??

Was thinking about this yesterday. Next batch of calls would be around the 20th (ish) November which going by 6 week rule would be very start of the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

I hope you're right about a December intake, however I will set my sights on January and if December comes up it will be a massive bonus :-)

Was thinking about this yesterday. Next batch of calls would be around the 20th (ish) November which going by 6 week rule would be very start of the new year?

What a lovely New Years that would be :)

Nothing except it is very quiet!

Depressingly quiet hellomoto! :(

aloha2711 wrote: »
    Depressingly quiet hellomoto! :(

Trying to figure out when I would need to get "the call" before my PCA would need to be resat!

Trying to figure out when I would need to get "the call" before my PCA would need to be resat!

Nightmare!! I hope you get it before it comes to that - the PCA was much more unpleasant than I thought it was going to be, wouldn't relish the thought of doing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

aloha2711 wrote: »
    Nightmare!! I hope you get it before it comes to that - the PCA was much more unpleasant than I thought it was going to be, wouldn't relish the thought of doing it again.

Lol you'll have to do it again even if you get the call :-/ I've read comments saying they'd rather do the PCA than the pt sessions :( remind me why are we trying to get in lol

Don't fret just yet guys!
    Remember it was well into the afternoon before the calls went out on Friday!
    Keep the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Going by last years intakes which are very similar to this years dates, they put out the call at the end of november and the start date was early january. So its looking like a jan, feb, march intake. Maybe april if they do the calls in march and include them in the financial year.

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol you'll have to do it again even if you get the call :-/ I've read comments saying they'd rather do the PCA than the pt sessions :( remind me why are we trying to get in lol

Lol! I know, total gluttons for punishment i think! And yet, even though you hear all these sorts of stories, I've never wanted anything so badly before!

PM'd you moto

Looks like the quota has been done for this batch guys. Gone very quiet today. Keep the heads up it will only be another 5-6 weeks hopefully

Looks like the quota has been done for this batch guys. Gone very quiet today. Keep the heads up it will only be another 5-6 weeks hopefully

yep...another X amount of weeks of this job!

Seems like a lifetime away :(

application being composed for the new campaign now - really wish I didn't have to, but it won't hurt.

application being composed for the new campaign now - really wish I didn't have to, but it won't hurt.

Can our one expire? I was wondering about this and why we would need to reapply if we are right though to the end and just waiting? Do out applications not roll over into the one out at the moment ?

Can our one expire? I was wondering about this and why we would need to reapply if we are right though to the end and just waiting? Do out applications not roll over into the one out at the moment ?

I don't want to take that risk, so putting my 2 personal statements together now before applying again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

They only last until a certain point. I think it's more to do with funding available during that financial year.

It's unfortunate and in my opinion not very cost effective to make candidates start from the beginning in a new campaign, but it seems that's just how they operate.

Advertisement