Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Well it turns out I'm "medically fit". So I'm officially grabbing a seat in the waiting room!! Finally!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Well it turns out I'm "medically fit". So I'm officially grabbing a seat in the waiting room!! Finally!!

Just medically ;)

Derob wrote: »
    Just medically ;)

We'll fair enough now you mention it I'm pretty on the eyes too ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 30 aloha2711

Congrats - another stage done!

As for the waiting room - you may make yourself good and comfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

aloha2711 wrote: »
    Congrats - another stage done!

As for the waiting room - you may make yourself good and comfortable!

Grab a beer, you may be in for a long wait!

Congrats tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 blui2

Dibble, have you heard so soon?

blui2 wrote: »

? Got my letter in the post today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

blui2 wrote: »

You usually find out 1-2 days after doing it. I got my letter the next day and hands were shaking opening it lol

You usually find out 1-2 days after doing it. I got my letter the next day and hands were shaking opening it lol

ditto! Mine arrived the next day and I couldn't believe how quickly it had arrived!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Can our one expire? I was wondering about this and why we would need to reapply if we are right though to the end and just waiting? Do out applications not roll over into the one out at the moment ?

This is what happened to me. Basically you'll pass everything and sit waiting in limbo for a call. Your PCA will expire after 6 months as will your medical from the date you had them. The PCA you'll repeat, the medical it's just a form declaring any changes of circumstances, if there's none then you're still good to go. If you don't get a call for whatever reason (PCA not repeated or changes being investigated with vetting) and they've got all recruits needed from C2 you'll get a letter saying thanks but the merit list is now closed and your application is no longer valid. You can't take your merit number with you to the following campaign, if you could I'd be sitting in hotel GV with the stupidest grin ever lol.

Hope that all makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

We'll fair enough now you mention it I'm pretty on the eyes too ðŸ˜

Great news Dibble!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

Mop a top wrote: »
    This is what happened to me. Basically you'll pass everything and sit waiting in limbo for a call. Your PCA will expire after 6 months as will your medical from the date you had them. The PCA you'll repeat, the medical it's just a form declaring any changes of circumstances, if there's none then you're still good to go. If you don't get a call for whatever reason (PCA not repeated or changes being investigated with vetting) and they've got all recruits needed from C2 you'll get a letter saying thanks but the merit list is now closed and your application is no longer valid. You can't take your merit number with you to the following campaign, if you could I'd be sitting in hotel GV with the stupidest grin ever lol.

Hope that all makes sense

It must have changed? When I got in last year my PCA and medical were well over 6 months old and I didn't have to resit! Maybe I slipped through the net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Chicken82 wrote: »
    It must have changed? When I got in last year my PCA and medical were well over 6 months old and I didn't have to resit! Maybe I slipped through the net?

I'd really hope that's not the case. I should have been in intake 4/5 but my pca expired just before the GV start date. I know others too that had to repeat their pca. You must have been an exception, entirely not your fault obviously but a very unfair one to anyone who had to repeat especially if they were higher on the merit list.

But in response to the earlier question you can't take your metot number from one campaign to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

PCA passed for a second time! That's nearly 6 months in this bloody waiting room! I'll be getting cabin fever very soon

PCA passed for a second time! That's nearly 6 months in this bloody waiting room! I'll be getting cabin fever very soon

Well done, fingers crossed we see other getting calls in next couple weeks :)

Well done, fingers crossed we see other getting calls in next couple weeks :)

Well done! Hope that's not me in 2 months time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Happy days!

Cheers everyone! Just glad to get it outta the way again.

Yea thinkin a fortnights time for next batch of calls with a beginning of January start? Would be ideal! Not sure how it would work with the induction weekend tho?

Well done :) keep your chin up you'll get there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Well done you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Man that is grim that you have done it a second time... remember you done the first one around the same time as myself and were waiting around the same time too for a call.

Hopefully your not waiting about too long I'm sure its an absolute nightmare.

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Man that is grim that you have done it a second time... remember you done the first one around the same time as myself and were waiting around the same time too for a call.

Hopefully your not waiting about too long I'm sure its an absolute nightmare.

Yea Kev...6 months ago now nearly! Was the vetting that killed me...by time it cleared a while ago it was going to expire before I woulda started up in GV so had to wait another month for my resit. All done now tho, everything cleared n passed so next fortnight should hopefully bring good news. It's been fairly grim lad, and it's tested me but made me more determined than anything!

How you fairing up in GV? Going good guns?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Yea Kev...6 months ago now nearly! Was the vetting that killed me...by time it cleared a while ago it was going to expire before I woulda started up in GV so had to wait another month for my resit. All done now tho, everything cleared n passed so next fortnight should hopefully bring good news. It's been fairly grim lad, and it's tested me but made me more determined than anything!

How you fairing up in GV? Going good guns?

Well fingers crossed for you that you get a call!! I am sure the entire life is on hold waiting for this job haha. Maybe see you in GV yet!!

Its tight enough going there is loads of work to do but you just make it to each Friday to be honest haha. We are into week 13 now the first squad, its mental how fast its all gone in. Place getting right and busy now too with 50 odd people in every 5 weeks now!

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Well fingers crossed for you that you get a call!! I am sure the entire life is on hold waiting for this job haha. Maybe see you in GV yet!!

Its tight enough going there is loads of work to do but you just make it to each Friday to be honest haha. We are into week 13 now the first squad, its mental how fast its all gone in. Place getting right and busy now too with 50 odd people in every 5 weeks now!

Brilliant lad, glad your getting on well. Crazy that your 13 weeks in already! That's mental! Seems like yesterday that you got the call cos I mind it so well!

Cheers for the words too man, I'll get there yet hopefully lol. Keep up the good work KevBo mate!!

Good luck to everyone waiting on the next batch of calls. Fingers crossed whoever missed the last round gets in this time. Its a terrible wait but when you get the call it will be worthwhile. My whole life changed in a 2 minute call

This time next week the next batch of calls may have started!! It's going to be a loonngg week!

This time next week the next batch of calls may have started!! It's going to be a loonngg week!

I hear that Dibble!

Who else have we in here at the min with everything (that they know of) passed and waiting on the call?

Just trying to get an idea of which boardies are hoping calls soon

I hear that Dibble!

Who else have we in here at the min with everything (that they know of) passed and waiting on the call?

Just trying to get an idea of which boardies are hoping calls soon

Me :)

• Advertisement

Having received attitude this morning in work for taking two of my annual leave days off this week I am willing this phone to ring so I may go and wipe the smirk of the faces, come on nice lady in HR move my number to the top of your list and make Friday 13th the best day ever :)

Advertisement