Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Do you receive a letter or phonecall to say your vetting has cleared? I have my medical coming up quite soon and was just wondering, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Floral15 wrote: »
    Do you receive a letter or phonecall to say your vetting has cleared? I have my medical coming up quite soon and was just wondering, thanks

You don't hear anything back unless there's a problem, most people contact them to ask the status of thier vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Merry Christmas everyone and hopefully the new year will bring some good news for us all :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

With the medical pass everybody in the fam today has been asking what next and asking when do I hear, lol. I keep saying I hope I hear lol, knock wood. With all the talk about it I'm curious am I right in saying that this week was 5 weeks since the last calls went out for the folks starting soon? Would that mean that sometime early January there could be calls heading out, and with folks that have just passed their medicals etc and providing vetting is done and completed, could they be within those calls? It's just so quiet for our batch compared to say previous batches, does anybody have any clue or theory even lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

With the medical pass everybody in the fam today has been asking what next and asking when do I hear, lol. I keep saying I hope I hear lol, knock wood. With all the talk about it I'm curious am I right in saying that this week was 5 weeks since the last calls went out for the folks starting soon? Would that mean that sometime early January there could be calls heading out, and with folks that have just passed their medicals etc and providing vetting is done and completed, could they be within those calls? It's just so quiet for our batch compared to say previous batches, does anybody have any clue or theory even lol?

I don't think that GV breaks very long for Christmas, so I would personally expect calls in the next week or two. However that may have changed since I went through

• Advertisement

I don't think that GV breaks very long for Christmas, so I would personally expect calls in the next week or two. However that may have changed since I went through

Flip that would be kinda amazing if our lot would have a shot in those calls, fingers crossed and knock wood.

Is there many of our batch still waiting to do medicals? am I right saying the last medicals are being done this week? Very quiet, dunno if there is many even in our batch that have done everything and are just waiting or just waiting in the medical? Or even folks whom have done resits and have had medicals recently?

Is there many of our batch still waiting to do medicals? am I right saying the last medicals are being done this week? Very quiet, dunno if there is many even in our batch that have done everything and are just waiting or just waiting in the medical? Or even folks whom have done resits and have had medicals recently?

Don't forget about us poor soles that were left behind from the last few batches due to vetting still ongoing :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rustey Nail

How often does GV have an intake?

StingrayGC wrote: »
    Don't forget about us poor soles that were left behind from the last few batches due to vetting still ongoing :-/

My bad stingray I didn't know if there was many people still waiting from previous batches, from what I've heard next intake is February? Don't take my word on it, but yeah if that's the case then I would imagine calls would head out within the next few weeks maybe? I was just curious as it had gotten really quiet since the last folks got their calls and I was wondering is their many still awaiting the call, bar from the folks who just done their medicals and about to do them. When did you do your medical mate?

• Advertisement

How often does GV have an intake?

Typically one intake every month mate, think every 5 weeks it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Vetting cleared, just waiting and hoping for that call!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Good luck everyone

Passed vetting too, with everybody enquiring, thought I would do the necessary evil lol, and make contact, pretty damn happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Passed vetting too, with everybody enquiring, thought I would do the necessary evil lol and make contact, pretty damn happy :)

Amazing news Highbury, hoping you get great news this week!! Would make a pretty crackin start to a new year!

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Amazing news Highbury, hoping you get great news this week!! Would make a pretty crackin start to a new year!

Thanks mate, knock wood, I hope your right, would be an amazing start to the new year, where abouts are you at mate? Am I right in saying pca this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Thanks mate, knock wood, I hope your right, would be an amazing start to the new year, where abouts are you at mate? Am I right in saying pca this month?

Online learning done, PCA coming up quickly and hoping if I pass that I still have time to squeeze in a medical before the end of the month! Feel like the clock is ticking quickly towards the end of the financial year for me but I'll give it my best shot and if it's not to be this time it'll not be for lack of trying!

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Online learning done, PCA coming up quickly and hoping if I pass that I still have time to squeeze in a medical before the end of the month! Feel like the clock is ticking quickly towards the end of the financial year for me but I'll give it my best shot and if it's not to be this time it'll not be for lack of trying!

Yeah I think your good mate, there's at least 3-4 more squads to be called up here, everything gets processed fairly quickly once that progression letter comes. Before you know it you'll be sitting waiting on a call. Time flies can't believe it was September for our lot for the letters, proper flies after the long wait of getting the letter lol.

Passed vetting too, with everybody enquiring, thought I would do the necessary evil lol, and make contact, pretty damn happy :)

I'm sure you are delighted :-) good luck and hope you get a call real soon! hoping mines is cleared now too, think I will annoy them again! Lol

I'm sure you are delighted :-) good luck and hope you get a call real soon! hoping mines is cleared now too, think I will annoy them again! Lol

My fingers are crossed for you Floral :) you may as well contact them, I gotta admit they are really nice and helpful I'm sure they understand where we're all at, anxiety levels at 9000 haha.

• Advertisement

My fingers are crossed for you Floral :) you may as well contact them, I gotta admit they are really nice and helpful I'm sure they understand where we're all at, anxiety levels at 9000 haha.

Thanks Highbury! Just checked and still ongoing but will keep my fingers crossed it won't be too much longer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Thanks Highbury! Just checked and still ongoing but will keep my fingers crossed it won't be too much longer :)

You are not alone Floral. Mine is also still ongoing.

fish2690 wrote: »

Good to know, was starting to feel like I'm the odd one out now lol hopefully we won't be waiting too long on it clearing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Did yous phone or email them?
    I'm wanting to check but I need the address or number

Ghost15 wrote: »
    Did yous phone or email them?
    I'm wanting to check but I need the address or number

Check your pm :)

Good to know, was starting to feel like I'm the odd one out now lol hopefully we won't be waiting too long on it clearing! :)

Do you know if you've had a credit check done on you yet?

Do you know if you've had a credit check done on you yet?

No I don't know, have used my free trial on experian, and not keen on signing up to pay! Have you?

No I don't know, have used my free trial on experian, and not keen on signing up to pay! Have you?

I checked on 17th December and there still wasn't one. Don't know what's going on tbh

Vetting still ongoing, what are the chances of it clearing before Friday :-/

• Advertisement

StingrayGC wrote: »
    Vetting still ongoing, what are the chances of it clearing before Friday :-/

Have you had credit check done?

Advertisement