Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

StingrayGC wrote: »
    Vetting still ongoing, what are the chances of it clearing before Friday :-/

It could pass anytime I assume stingray, if calls are to head out for Friday I hope it does clear in time for you mate, thoroughly deserved with the waiting you've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Yeah credit check has been done months ago, my problem is that I am from the south and the vetting has to go through the Gardai first. I actually deal with Garda vetting in my current job and it's as slow as a wet Wednesday night in November :-)

Are we being too presumptuous that the calls are due out this weekend? I worked out the time frames involved and the end of this week would give an intake time frame of late February if 5-6 weeks is the time frame given once the calls head out for start date? Just curious anybody else's thinking? Can anybody shed some light on the time frame from call to intake? as I'm not exactly sure myself.

Actually ignore my post above lol, was looking at previous intake threads and seems most calls go out around this time of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lcrossan884

Hi, always been on the thread but just reading and never posting, however found out today I passed my medical so thought I might as well join in the chit chat lol, just wondering who is it exactly we would contact to check about our vetting status? Noticed a few of youse chatting about it so thought would ask, cheers 😀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

If you have vetting email you can do that. If not you can email or call recruitment and they'll tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Hi, always been on the thread but just reading and never posting, however found out today I passed my medical so thought I might as well join in the chit chat lol, just wondering who is it exactly we would contact to check about our vetting status? Noticed a few of youse chatting about it so thought would ask, cheers 😀

The email address was on the vetting forms and I still have so I'll send it through to you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Keeping fingers crossed for those of you waiting for the magic phonecall today or tomorrow!

I hope your right Buster, I'm hoping with everything passed that means they'll get anybody and everybody who's ready to go in with these calls lol. Fingers crossed, was barely able to sleep last night with everything running through my head haha.

I hope your right Buster, I'm hoping with everything passed that means they'll get anybody and everybody who's ready to go in with these calls lol. Fingers crossed, was barely able to sleep last night with everything running through my head haha.

I'll be keeping a close eye here over the next 48 hours! Selfishly I hope you all get the call because that clears the deck for our batch next month or if there is one after that! Seriously though, you definitely all deserve your place in GV, you have more than done your time waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

CALLS HAVE WENT OUT TODAY FOR A FEBRUARY INTAKE GUYS! GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE WAITING!

WannabePC wrote: »
    CALLS HAVE WENT OUT TODAY FOR A FEBRUARY INTAKE GUYS! GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE WAITING!

Unbelievable congrats buddy, my heart is in my mouth right now

I'm in omg in shock here

Unbelievable congrats buddy, my heart is in my mouth right now

So unbelievably over the moon for you Highbury!! You deserve it so much!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

I'm in omg in shock here

Congratulations you totally deserve this well done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jordan1010

anyone else waiting patiently by the phone :(

Jordan1010 wrote: »

Me (hoping), but I checked my vetting 2 days ago and still ongoing :( has your vetting cleared?

Floral15 wrote: »
    Me (hoping), but I checked my vetting 2 days ago and still ongoing :( has your vetting cleared?

I emailed them on Tuesday but haven't heard back so no idea if its cleared on not flip sake. did u phone them or email?

I emailed them on Tuesday but haven't heard back so no idea if its cleared on not flip sake. did u phone them or email?

They are normally quite quick at responding back, I emailed them too and heard within the hour, I'll send you a PM with the email address I used and you can see if it's the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Yes.. have had it glued to me all day.. don't think it's gonna happen for me today :(

• Advertisement

Ghost15 wrote: »
    Yes.. have had it glued to me all day.. don't think it's gonna happen for me today :(

The day is still Young and they normally do phonecalls over a few days so keep the faith!

Bustermoon wrote: »
    The day is still Young and they normally do phonecalls over a few days so keep the faith!

yea we need to stay positive. I wonder if they go alphabetically when doing phone calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Delighted for you guys that got the call today, especially HighburyLad, I think you have been one of the most helpful boarder on this forum, well done lad, as for the rest of us keep the faith, calls go out over a few days and people have been known to get a short notice call within a week or too of the intake, and sure if not there is always March :-)

yea we need to stay positive. I wonder if they go alphabetically when doing phone calls?

I think I read on here before that they do it depending on your AC score but not 100%

Thanks folks, still in shock and for those waiting I would imagine more calls will head out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I'm in omg in shock here

Congrats; well earned!!

Homer01 wrote: »
    Congrats; well earned!!

Thanks mate, perseverance pays off I tell ya lol

Emailed vetting again this morning and still ongoing..... I could cry :( hoping and praying to get into the next batch though! Good luck everyone on waiting for a call today!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Floral15 wrote: »
    Emailed vetting again this morning and still ongoing..... I could cry :( hoping and praying to get into the next batch though! Good luck everyone on waiting for a call today!

Don't worry about it. I'm the same as you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Id imagine there will be another 3 intakes like campaign one. Good luck to those waiting

Advertisement