Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

fish2690 wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. I'm the same as you!

Thanks Fish, was hoping for a miracle today but ain't happening lol whats meant to be will be and hope we are cleared in 5 weeks time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Floral15 wrote: »
    Thanks Fish, was hoping for a miracle today but ain't happening lol whats meant to be will be and hope we are cleared in 5 weeks time :)

Was hoping for the same myself. A positive I can take from the past few days is working on my patience lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

fish2690 wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. I'm the same as you!

I feel your pain, I think there are quite a few of us in the same boat.

After nearly two years of misery, it would be the final blow to miss a spot because vetting didn't come through in time.

Come on vetting people, move up a gear;)

After nearly two years of misery, it would be the final blow to miss a spot because vetting didn't come through in time.

This 👆ðŸ»

You're right it's totally miserable the thought of vetting being the hold up, and it's kinda like a kick in the teeth that they are making some of us poor sods linger on in limbo with the uncertainty. Trying to look on the brightside but it's hard lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jordan1010

Floral15 wrote: »
    You're right it's totally miserable the thought of vetting being the hold up, and it's kinda like a kick in the teeth that they are making some of us poor sods linger on in limbo with the uncertainty. Trying to look on the brightside but it's hard lol

Keep your head up floral.

Jordan1010 wrote: »
    Keep your head up floral.
    Thanks Jordan, hoping for March for all those still waiting on vetting, fingers crossed! :)

Very quiet today mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Floral15 wrote:
    Emailed vetting again this morning and still ongoing..... I could cry hoping and praying to get into the next batch though! Good luck everyone on waiting for a call today!

Don't sweat it Floral, I am sure your patience will be rewarded, I have been waiting for my vetting to clear for about 6 months now and as of yesterday it's still ongoing, I am sure that there will be a few more intake from this campaign so here's hoping :-)

I am actually feeling a bit like Tom Hanks sitting in the terminal watching everyone go by :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

StingrayGC wrote: »
    Don't sweat it Floral, I am sure your patience will be rewarded, I have been waiting for my vetting to clear for about 6 months now and as of yesterday it's still ongoing, I am sure that there will be a few more intake from this campaign so here's hoping :-)

Just keep an eye on when your PCA expires my lovely. You have 6 months, same as the medical, cos that's one of the things that caused me to miss out last campaign. Be proactive about getting a new PCA date if you need to. Hopefully you won't need it.

Mop a top wrote:
    Just keep an eye on when your PCA expires my lovely. You have 6 months, same as the medical, cos that's one of the things that caused me to miss out last campaign. Be proactive about getting a new PCA date if you need to. Hopefully you won't need it.

Yeah I am gonna ring them next week and get the PCA redone so I don't miss out due to that, I still have a month on it so if I don't get the call this time it will be out of date for March :-/

StingrayGC wrote: »
    I am actually feeling a bit like Tom Hanks sitting in the terminal watching everyone go by :-)

6 months is excruciating Stingray! I thought I was bad! Feeling a tad like that myself but positive thinking for the March intake.... it will happen!!!! (If I didn't force myself to think this way I would be sitting in the house in my pj's eating a tub of ice-cream and feeling sorry for myself) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mac91

Thought I'd finally sign up, been watching the forum since I applied. Medical passed but after signing up for the free experian trial seems no checks have been done. Would someone kindly send me the email for vetting? I know what their response will be but no harm in trying.

Hi Mac, welcome to the nut house you big boards stalker lol. Did anyone send you the email address yet?

Lol, yes two kind folks sent me PM's. Although they were two different email addresses and I'd already emailed the first one before getting the second. Now I'm wondering should I email the second address too or just leave it?

No problem my lovely. Glad you got sorted anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Mac91 wrote: »
    Lol, yes two kind folks sent me PM's. Although they were two different email addresses and I'd already emailed the first one before getting the second. Now I'm wondering should I email the second address too or just leave it?

You should get a reply within a couple of hours at worst, so I'd try the other one!

Apparently my vetting and SMT are still outstanding, unsurprising but still disappointing. I'm wondering if I'm just not high enough up in terms of merit score.

Apparently my vetting and SMT are still outstanding, unsurprising but still disappointing. I'm wondering if I'm just not high enough up in terms of merit score.

When did you do your medical Mac? I did mine in Dec and mine isn't cleared either.

• Advertisement

Last week, I think my appointment may have been delayed because of the Xmas break but I'm just speculating. I asked the SMT guy when the results would be through and he said Friday so hopefully I'll be passed on that this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Last week, I think my appointment may have been delayed because of the Xmas break but I'm just speculating. I asked the SMT guy when the results would be through and he said Friday so hopefully I'll be passed on that this week.

SMT is meant to be part of vetting and although the results normally back within a week it can take up to 14 days. If I was you I'd put a request in to check your vetting once 14 days have passed.

Sheepsy wrote: »
    SMT is meant to be part of vetting and although the results normally back within a week it can take up to 14 days. If I was you I'd put a request in to check your vetting once 14 days have passed.

Is there a number to ring to talk to someone about vetting or the SMT? I have emailed but would like to actually speak to someone this time.

Floral there should be a number at the bottom of the email replies you get from vetting. Failing that ring Brooklyn and ask to be put through.

SMT is not part of the vetting. You can pass vetting without having done PCA and medical

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Mop a top wrote: »
    Floral there should be a number at the bottom of the email replies you get from vetting. Failing that ring Brooklyn and ask to be put through.

SMT is not part of the vetting. You can pass vetting without having done PCA and medical

Yes because my vetting was cleared before my PCA or medical

Ghost15 wrote: »
    Yes because my vetting was cleared before my PCA or medical

Me too :)

Mop a top wrote: »

Thanks Mop, I managed to call vetting today as a kind boardie sent the number. Was told the credit check is normally one of the last things they do, and as I haven't had that done I'm not counting on it clearing anytime soon. I didn't think the SMT was part of vetting but a few of here suggested it was, but thanks for letting know :)

So does anyone know roughly when the next batch of calls will be or what point on the merit list they'd be down to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

So does anyone know roughly when the next batch of calls will be or what point on the merit list they'd be down to?

To follow the 5 week rotation that the calls usually got out in will mean the first set of the next calls should go out on Friday 12th of February. It doesn't always work this way and the holidays messed it up but they're probably back into the swing of things now so it shouldn't be too far away from this date! I have a buddy whose heading to GV with me and he got 66.0 at the AC

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info, you've both delighted and concerned me, haha. I'm not far off your friends score but I'm doubtful my vetting would be ready in time for the next call.

Advertisement