Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Mac91 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, you've both delighted and concerned me, haha. I'm not far off your friends score but I'm doubtful my vetting would be ready in time for the next call.

No worries! I was lucky enough to get the call about 3 weeks after my medical. To find out that my vetting had cleared after I thought there'd maybe be some problems with was nice. To get that call was even nicer! Get through everything and then keep an eye on the 5 week intervals. By the way he girl sounded on the phone, they weren't getting enough for a full squad. I would day that could be dow to not enough people passed everything at this stage as opposed to no funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

WannabePC wrote: »
    No worries! I was lucky enough to get the call about 3 weeks after my medical. To find out that my vetting had cleared after I thought there'd maybe be some problems with was nice. To get that call was even nicer! Get through everything and then keep an eye on the 5 week intervals. By the way he girl sounded on the phone, they weren't getting enough for a full squad. I would day that could be dow to not enough people passed everything at this stage as opposed to no funds.

Why do you think she sounded like there wouldn't be enough for a full squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

To follow the 5 week rotation that the calls usually got out in will mean the first set of the next calls should go out on Friday 12th of February. It doesn't always work this way and the holidays messed it up but they're probably back into the swing of things now so it shouldn't be too far away from this date! I have a buddy whose heading to GV with me and he got 66.0 at the AC

I got higher than 66 at AC and didn't get a call last week and there're PCA re-tests to take into account but I'd guess it must generally be around 66 now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Sheepsy wrote: »
    I got higher than 66 at AC and didn't get a call last week and there're PCA re-tests to take into account but I'd guess it must generally be around 66 now too.

I wouldn't mind being called for the last intake of C2, but not knowing makes it hard to see and time is drawing close to the end. I wish everybody well in getting their place, but it seems this last stage is the hardest to stand ( I know it's been said many times before). So close, but as far away as ever. Keep smiling boardies!:)

fish2690 wrote: »
    Why do you think she sounded like there wouldn't be enough for a full squad?

When I got the call, I asked how many people were being taken on? and she said "normally it's 51 to a squad but I don't think we'll get that this time", I tried to get her to elaborate as to why it wouldn't be a full squad but she didn't.

• Advertisement

Sheepsy wrote: »

Did you have everything passed including vetting last Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mac91

When I got the call, I asked how many people were being taken on? and she said "normally it's 51 to a squad but I don't think we'll get that this time", I tried to get her to elaborate as to why it wouldn't be a full squad but she didn't.

This makes the vetting delays so much more heartbreaking when there's plenty of us here ready to drop everything for this opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

This makes the vetting delays so much more heartbreaking when there's plenty of us here ready to drop everything for this opportunity.

With you on that one Mac!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

I had everything passed last Thursday & still didn't get a call..? :(

Ghost15 wrote: »
    I had everything passed last Thursday & still didn't get a call..? :(

What's your exact score mate? Pm me if you dint want to post it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Only thing that may or may not of been back was the SMT result, everything else was passed and it would of more than likely been back in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Medical is coming up before the next batch of calls due on 12th Feb, and has more than enough time to clear before the calls are due,

Where are we sitting with the amount of people waiting on a call with everything cleared? Just trying to gauge my chances of a call in 2 weeks time (assuming no issues with my medical)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

DaveNi wrote: »
    Medical is coming up before the next batch of calls due on 12th Feb, and has more than enough time to clear before the calls are due,

Where are we sitting with the amount of people waiting on a call with everything cleared? Just trying to gauge my chances of a call in 2 weeks time (assuming no issues with my medical)

I had everything passed before the last calls went out and my medical was over a week before them & I didn't get a call :(
    Fingers and toes are crossed for 2 weeks time!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Ghost15 wrote: »
    I had everything passed before the last calls went out and my medical was over a week before them & I didn't get a call :(
    Fingers and toes are crossed for 2 weeks time!

No doubt you will get one this time around...

Fingers crossed I get one too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lcrossan884

Dont really post a lot bt just let everyone kbow Calls are going to today!! Just got one!! Hopefully others hear today also

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Dont really post a lot bt just let everyone kbow Calls are going to today!! Just got one!! Hopefully others hear today also

congratulations!!!! :)

I'd like to say I'm not jealous but I am :P

congratulations!!!! :)

I'd like to say I'm not jealous but I am :P

Lol thanks, what stage are you at? Are you just waiting for a call? Hopefully you hear soon!😊

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Well done mate, not jealous either atoll :-/

Lol thanks, what stage are you at? Are you just waiting for a call? Hopefully you hear soon!😊

nope. still have medical and its a month away.

did you get an actual phone call and if so was it a withheld number do you know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Callzo

Just got my phone call at 10 past 12. Can't believe it was going to email about vetting today.No need to now. Talk about nerve wrecking after over a year of waiting!!

• Advertisement

Callzo wrote: »
    Just got my phone call at 10 past 12. Can't believe it was going to email about vetting today.No need to now. Talk about nerve wrecking after over a year of waiting!!

hahah bet that was a pleasant surprise :)

congratulations too :D

Congrats to you guys, hopefully there's some more to come.

I was under the impression that calls tended to follow a Thursday, Friday and Monday pattern, is this not the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Congratulations!!! Great to hear of more movement! Can I be cheeky and ask which progression stage you were in, did u submit vetting in September or nov/dec or earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Congrats to you guys, hopefully there's some more to come.

I was under the impression that calls tended to follow a Thursday, Friday and Monday pattern, is this not the case?

Mac - you tend to think there is a pattern or trend ... And then it all changes!!! Or that's my experience of the past years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Congrats, changing it up with a Tuesday call. I guess there is no predicting this

I'm fairly certain I won't be in this round of calls since it doesn't seem to be at my score yet but could mean there's hope for March. Still feeling a bit reluctant about calling vetting to ask about progress, that's still the pain in my neck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Callzo

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Congratulations!!! Great to hear of more movement! Can I be cheeky and ask which progression stage you were in, did u submit vetting in September or nov/dec or earlier?

No bother. Hopefully few more of you get a call. Vetting started in September. Then PCA was in October roughly. Medical in December and got okay two days later.

nope. still have medical and its a month away.

did you get an actual phone call and if so was it a withheld number do you know.....

Yeah got an actual phone call and the number was withheld!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

I'm fairly certain I won't be in this round of calls since it doesn't seem to be at my score yet but could mean there's hope for March. Still feeling a bit reluctant about calling vetting to ask about progress, that's still the pain in my neck!

Is it just vetting that is holding you up?

• Advertisement

Yeah got an actual phone call and the number was withheld!

Funny, I missed a withheld number to my mobile at 12:16. But I haven't done my medical yet....

Am I special??

Advertisement