Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

Thanks. The waiting gets no easier though, I just want to know for certain if I have secured a place. I was lucky in the sense that I was one of the first group that were progressed so had less waiting for the other stages than some people. I am so glad I found these boards as they are a great source of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

yes, defo the boards have been very helpful (although sometimes frustrating) as it has helped to know more about the process and waiting times -- people have been very decent to share their experiences and knowledge!

are youz not already defo confirmed a place now that you have all the PSNI stages completed and passed?? ..just a case of knowing when to start???...as youz are in second batches, so defo need the numbers?

All but guarenteed I suppose but still haven't had the official word. I'm guessing that if there was an issue with our vetting (with it being the only part of the process were you are not told if you have passed) we would have heard by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

think someone else posted that you recieve a letter if any issues, to allow time to explain/appeal.
    best of luck! very envious!!

With online learning closing at the end of the week and medical passes being sent out, is there a high possibility of the calls going out next week? It's also 5 weeks from the last batch of calls, which runs true with what gmck26 was told when speaking with appointments. Here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

I have the 2nd week of May in my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

If sticking to the 5 week rule , 7th and 8th of may is when next calls will be

Mr.Peanut wrote: »
    If sticking to the 5 week rule , 7th and 8th of may is when next calls will be
    Are you giving us permission to hunt you down if you're wrong? :p

That would be fantastic if the phone call came next week. I've managed to keep myself preoccupied between work and training over the last month, but starting to get unsettled!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Would be nice to hear next week but for those of us doing medicals this week we might have to wait a little longer. How long after medical pass did people receive a call to start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Still havnt received medical date yet, getting frustrated now....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

http://vimeo.com/m/89089809

I know its not the psni but its something for while we wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

Only because I got told off the other day, it would be wise to delete out those dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Something in me feels like today could be phone call day. With next batch supposed to be june it would need to be soon in order to give people enough notice etc. And for the induction day.
    Anyway I'm just hoping more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Something in me feels like today could be phone call day. With next batch supposed to be june it would need to be soon in order to give people enough notice etc. And for the induction day.
    Anyway I'm just hoping more than anything.

Heres hoping! But I think next weeks more likely

Wondering if those who did the group 1 e-learning and didn't get a call, are going to get a call with the 2a e-learning group who have completed all stages (Vetting/Medical). My usually sterling patience is getting a kicking and want next week to roll in hard and fast!

I know a few people who are in 2a with no medical, quite a few in 2b with no medical either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

boblaw88 wrote: »
    Wondering if those who did the group 1 e-learning and didn't get a call, are going to get a call with the 2a e-learning group who have completed all stages (Vetting/Medical). My usually sterling patience is getting a kicking and want next week to roll in hard and fast!

I know a few people who are in 2a with no medical, quite a few in 2b with no medical either.

What did you score in your ac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Wannabebigger

Yea I got 86 so I'm with bob in hoping with online learning closing tomorrow we get a call next week or so. It's been a long time since september!

Yea I got 86 so I'm with bob in hoping with online learning closing tomorrow we get a call next week or so. It's been a long time since september!

The timescale seems the same as I had with the first batch. The phone calls went out on the Thursday of the week after online closed.

So good luck to all of us - The time since the last phone calls has been annoying for the remainder of the first batch of people

Not getting a call from the 1st round must be awful and you have my sympathy, if I don't get this round it's another 5 week wait and I'd sooner be out of this job I'm currently in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Joining the wait here too. Passed all stages (i'm assuming there are no issues with vetting). Hopeful for a June start.

LIST 2 - THE HOPEFULS!

Let's hope we get the calls next week then because as bob said, 5 weeks is another long wait. So the first group def all heard the following week following the closing of online learning?

I note that a new recruitment campaign has been announced for May. I would say thats good news for all of through to date as they must not have got the required about of recruits from this campaign so anyone through must surely be offered a job!

gmck26 wrote: »
    I note that a new recruitment campaign has been announced for May. I would say thats good news for all of through to date as they must not have got the required about of recruits from this campaign so anyone through must surely be offered a job!

Here's hoping

Student15 you've received your call and are starting soon aren't you? How long after online learning closed etc did you receive your call???

gmck26 wrote: »

Great news to hear for all who were low 60s and a bit stressed. It was a tough campaign. Everyone should be proud for getting through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Hi all, just wondering had there only been 1 intake so far? And is it true the first batch will be placed in the north west and 2nd batch Belfast ?

Student15 is in the brother/sisterhood of 'The Wait', alongside myself and several others!

We're eagerly awaiting the chance to join the society of 'The LIST'!

So, dare we start hoping that this day next week we'll be happy as can be? :)

• Advertisement

Student15 you've received your call and are starting soon aren't you? How long after online learning closed etc did you receive your call???

I wish!
    Unfortunately not 85% ac and waiting

Advertisement