Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Passed my medical now 2 weeks.. it's all a waiting game I believe.. no one knows for def when calls go out. I just booked a holiday today for middle of September but if the call comes I'll just change the flights if it clashes with an induction weekend... thank God I work 6 days a week at the min cause as soon as I come home all I can think about is maybe phone call the next day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

There won't be a sept intake. Confirmed this with recruitment on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Just got word I passed the medical so I guess now I just wait too! Lol fun fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

There won't be a sept intake. Confirmed this with recruitment on the phone.
    Did they mention when they think the next intake will be? Presumably October with calls in September if we're lucky?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

You'll be very lucky if you get to defer. A lot of people aren't successful in doing so. I myself had to cancel a holiday to start GV. If you have prior engagements that only last a day or two then you may be granted leave and just make up the missed time on weekends or evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

Absolutely gutted... Its not over till its over folks...1509 is scheduled for October tho, unless they take some 1405ers

hard to believe they put everyone through this (cost,resource etc) for nothing!!!

Did they specify much on the phone @RTGeorge

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Couldn't be happier with the Oct intake! Got the email to say I'd passed the medical to!
    Squeeky bum time!

Nobody know for definite if 1509 is set for October either, it's all a guessing game! But i really hope us in 1405 lose out, the 2 year wait is unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Just glad it's not Sept, hopefully the 1405 get called soon though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Medical passed, waiting time for me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

To come this close and potentially not get a spot is devastating. Complete waste of time.....ours and the recruitment team. Alot of people have put alot on hold for this these past 2 years. Family, relationships, sacrifices. Come may it took 7 weeks to get through the online learning, pca, vetting and medical. And to not get in? MADNESS! no doubt the letter will be a pretty weak palm off, probably come at Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Possibly talking rubbish but highlight this with your local councillor/media.

If some of the figures ive seen bandied about those forums are even anywhere near what it costs to put someone through all the stages, then it is truly an obscene waste of money to process someone right to the last hurdle and then drop them like a stone.

Here here! Especially getting two on hold letters and then give you hope in April rush you through all the stages to come to this is totally unbelievable and cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Psni26 wrote: »
    Here here! Especially getting two on hold letters and then give you hope in April rush you through all the stages to come to this is totally unbelievable and cruel.

Just a thought from someone in Garnerville who was in your position ... Wait until you have official confirmation one way or the other. Things change on a daily basis here and no one knows what's happening from one day to the next. Rumours swirl round here about everything but wait for hard facts, things can change very quickly. The amount of progression and non progression letters I had was unreal but got there eventually. Keep your heads up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Robyn O

Hello Everyone! I'm from the 1509 campaign and sent my vetting off about 2/3 weeks ago now. Does anyone have any rough idea as to how long until I hear if I passed it or get dates for medical PCA etc..? Anticipation is killing me - we recently just completed our online learning

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Robyn O wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I'm from the 1509 campaign and sent my vetting off about 2/3 weeks ago now. Does anyone have any rough idea as to how long until I hear if I passed it or get dates for medical PCA etc..? Anticipation is killing me - we recently just completed our online learning

Hey Robyn O, Id love to know this info too!!!

All stages passed, time to wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

swl33t wrote: »
    All stages passed, time to wait!

Did you contact recruitment and ask about the vetting and SMT?:pac:

Yeah just gave them a call, lady was really helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Just rang recruitment done me medical near 3 weeks ago.

they confirmed I have passed the vetting and SMT. So least I know all lights are green and just need to wait for the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Can now officially join the waiting room, Everything passed. Spoke to recruitment and they think the first intake will be October for 1509

Will it be those who have passed all stages or in merit order?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

It will be in merit order for the people who have passed all stages... Unfortunately some people get held up with vetting etc so although they may have a high score, they haven't passed all stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

Has anyone heard anything regarding dates? I should be in the first squad going by merit score and I have all stages passed. Rang vetting last week and they couldn't confirm anything regarding start dates or induction weekend dates. If anyone has heard anything could they pm me if they don't want to post publicaly. I'm just worried about dates because of two family weddings and a holiday. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

Has anyone heard anything regarding dates? I should be in the first squad going by merit score and I have all stages passed. Rang vetting last week and they couldn't confirm anything regarding start dates or induction weekend dates. If anyone has heard anything could they pm me if they don't want to post publicaly. I'm just worried about dates because of two family weddings and a holiday. Thanks

How did you find out your merit score if you don't mind me asking?

I'd be interested to know this too, when I rang recruitment they said they can't give out merit scores anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

i just wish they would call or send out "Dear John" letters to 1405 campaigners, whether it be good or bad news...Its the unknown at this stage, added with the fact, i'm avoiding booking holidays which isnt going down to well in the house :)

Nerves2016 wrote: »
    i just wish they would call or send out "Dear John" letters to 1405 campaigners, whether it be good or bad news...Its the unknown at this stage, added with the fact, i'm avoiding booking holidays which isnt going down to well in the house :)

How long has it been since the last calls?

• Advertisement

Nerves2016 wrote: »

How long has it been since the last calls?

Advertisement