Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Wannabebigger

85% from the very first bunch of notifications and you're still waiting?!?! That's crazy!!! How can that possibly work?! Did u find out early or when u were supposed too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

85% from the very first bunch of notifications and you're still waiting?!?! That's crazy!!! How can that possibly work?! Did u find out early or when u were supposed too?

You have to remember that vetting has to clear and can quicker for some than others. It was not unusual for vetting to have taken months for previous campaigns!

The first intake seemed to be the first x amount clear of everything inc vetting regardless of AC score. I imagine that the next intake will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Could you assume that people who already have vetting done for other jobs should be cleared quicker?

Belfastm wrote: »
    Could you assume that people who already have vetting done for other jobs should be cleared quicker?

Not really as I am security cleared for my current job and I wasn't selected gor the first intake. Police start their own vetting from scratch each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

Now we play the waiting game...the waiting game sucks! Let's play hungry hungry hippos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

They will check your references too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

I'm now past everything too so can now take a seat in the waiting room

Mr.Peanut wrote: »
    I'm now past everything too so can now take a seat in the waiting room

Welcome to you and Belfastm! Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Or buckaroo....

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

How many boardies have we got that have now passed all stages and are just waiting on the elusive call?

• Advertisement

This guy right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Maverick89 wrote: »
    How many boardies have we got that have now passed all stages and are just waiting on the elusive call?

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 elspeth flash

Me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

me as well

Anyone in the 2b online learning who has also done their medical?

boblaw88 wrote: »
    Anyone in the 2b online learning who has also done their medical?

What's this 2a stuff you're on about Bob. I was one of the first cleared everything and I have been just waiting a call. That mean I'm 1 something or what?

Yep 2a right here just waiting on the world to change!!!

Yep 2a right here just waiting on the world to change!!!

What is this 2a / 2b your mentioning? I was in the first group and don't know you mean. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

gmck26 wrote: »
    What is this 2a / 2b your mentioning? I was in the first group and don't know you mean. .

The online learning has more pre entry course added 1 2a 2b etc

Your lot likely left online learning before the new classes were enrolled.

There are 5 classes enrolled for online learning:

Group 1 - You lot
    Group 2a - Me, wana be bigger etc - We have completed everything. Some haven't got their medical dates yet.

Group 2b
    Group 2c

Group 3

Each one has staggered start and end dates, our 2a group closes today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Has anyone tried to access the Elearning today? I just get a server error.

Would not be surprised if 2a n the ones who got early medical dates are the ones joining the rest of the first intake for the next class n the 2a'ers who haven't gotten a medical date will maybe fall into the third intake

I'm waiting too. First group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Just received a phone call there telling me I'm in the next intake!!! I turned and told Megan Fox my wife she was all chuffed and proud.

Then my alarm went off reminding me to be up for a client at 8am. Dream on little dreamer :(

Lord save any PPI or saleman who calls this week from an unknown number.

Yea Bob I hear you. Phone will be on extra loud this week!

Take they will be off Monday?

student15 wrote: »
    Just received a phone call there telling me I'm in the next intake!!! I turned and told Megan Fox my wife she was all chuffed and proud.

Then my alarm went off reminding me to be up for a client at 8am. Dream on little dreamer :(

Just back from the hospital.. That first sentence in your post gave me a heart attack! First lie in all week made me slow to realise it's Sunday haha

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

I've passed everything, got letter confirming medical pass last week and got an A at ac, I spoke to one of my referees yesterday and he said he hasn't been contacted yet!?! I'm a bit worried that because of my huge family the vetting process will take longer for me, anyone shed any light on this? Going out of my mind here!!!
    Ps any other women waiting here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

So my potential wait may be hampered I've a grade 2 tear In a joint, should be fit and fully(ish) moving by 4-6weeks..........

Bother.

Advertisement