Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Ouch... Rest up big time, give yourself the best chance. You don't know when you get the call but I'd hope with all the intakes planned you could be reshuffled into a later one if needs be. Concentrate on getting yourself better for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

Killer vibes man, rest and active recovery! Hope you feeling better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

I know if all goes well it'll be good for 4-weeks time
    Just means cardios going to suffer!
    Looks like it's just upper body and core for me for the next while!!!!
    I'll adapt, but nice timing!
    Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

Where did you get the grade 2 tear? Hard luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

whatinthe wrote: »
    Where did you get the grade 2 tear? Hard luck.

Hey not putting anything too specific up on this, Internet and all won't be too hard to make a profile up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Plenty of rehab and keep training whatever you can...never quit... Not just yet anyways.. Good luck

student15 wrote: »
    Hey not putting anything too specific up on this, Internet and all won't be too hard to make a profile up!

Ya fair enough. I'm assuming it's lower body anyway!

Just put 110% into your rehab, but also your diet. Nutrition will have as big an effect on your recovery as training.

Either way, no quitting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Anyone thinking calls will start tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking calls will start tomorrow?

I hope so but I am thinking towards the end of the week.

Based on my current luck with lotto tickets, calls will come out at the latest time possible, likely when you're on the bog or in with the boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

I can't answer my mobile phone in work, so hoping they will send out a letter if they can't reach us by telephone. Would be terrible if they tried to make contact, couldn't get through and then moved onto someone else for the next intake. Anyone have any idea if they can leave a message on answer-phone or anything?

Far as I've heard if they can't raise you on the wireless they'll go retro and send a letter of invite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Does anyone know If you miss or can't answer your phone when they call do they send you out a letter to start. Don't want to miss out if can't answer my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

Mr.Peanut wrote: »
    Does anyone know If you miss or can't answer your phone when they call do they send you out a letter to start. Don't want to miss out if can't answer my phone?
    If you miss the call you'll still get a letter of invite, group 1 mostly got their call bang on one week after the medical pass letter, so for me it would be Wednesday ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Chicken82 wrote: »
    If you miss the call you'll still get a letter of invite, group 1 mostly got their call bang on one week after the medical pass letter, so for me it would be Wednesday ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

That's not taking bank holiday Monday into consideration though :/

I'm off this Thursday and Friday so I'm hoping they ring! I can't answer my phone in work either.

I've been trying not to think about it all since first round of calls went out but any time a private or unknown number has rang me, my heart rate went up! It will be surreal to actually get the call (providing I do).

Hard to believe it's 4 months since I did my AC.

Anyone staring at their phone just in case.... ;)

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Anyone staring at their phone just in case.... ;)

Yep, and keep checking the volume. Rang myself this morning to make sure it was all working lol. Good luck guys

other haf is "sick" and boss knows could be taking a call at anytime in case it's her.

cover story yo.

dunno why youz are bothered! -- if, sorry, when you get the call, what are they gonna do?? :-)
    good luck folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Wannabebigger

"Eh excuse me but this notice letter is just a picture of you giving the finger???"

Yes, yes that is correct ðŸ‘

yeeeeeeeeeeooooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Has anyone who had a medical last tuesday had a letter yet?

"Eh excuse me but this notice letter is just a picture of you giving the finger???"

Yes, yes that is correct ðŸ‘

Lmao, dare ye!!

Def thinking tomorrow is when it's going to happen.... Can feel it!

Maybe if they have a bigger intake this time they will start the calls a day earlier i.e.today. wishful thinking maybe

I have a proposal. Seeing as we are all banking on the calls going out tomorrow and Friday, would it be unreasonable to suggest we don't post in here until someone gets a call? After Friday we resume if there hasn't been any calls!

It would just make it easier for us I think; I assume I'm not the only one who gets excited at seeing a new post in this thread!

Any thoughts?

i'm not waiting unfortunately and even i agree that makes sense! (justjealous.com)

No calls today it seems.

• Advertisement

Who here is going to volunteer to ring them and ask them what's going on? Lol

Advertisement