Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 StuckWaiting

I was first batch and just got the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

I was first batch and just got the call.

Just now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Goose2301

I'm first batch and havnt heard a peep ..
    #ringringringmycellphonesnotringing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Im also still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 7 s313

Maverick89 wrote: »
    I think they ring you back. This happened to someone on the first intake

Hope they ring back today dont think i could take it haha im convinced it must be about this never get unknown numbers ringing me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

I'm getting a bit concerned, why isn't my phone ringing?! I though that we would have been phased in the order that we completed all processes but they clearly have another method

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

I'm getting a bit concerned, why isn't my phone ringing?! I though that we would have been phased in the order that we completed all processes but they clearly have another method

I agree thats how I thought it would have went. But if you ask anyone who knows the psni they would say that psni never choose the most logical way of doing things!

gmck26 wrote: »
    I agree thats how I thought it would have went. But if you ask anyone who knows the psni they would say that psni never choose the most logical way of doing things!

Really hoping we get a call today or tomorrow, otherwise another 5 weeks of uncertainty. If anyone in human resources is reading this, please put us out of our misery. I've waited my entire life for a career in policing, as have others here, communicate whether we are in or not..please!

I'm off to the gym to exhaust the frustration out of myself..keep the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Police? Logical? Since when? :)

I'm not gunna have any fingers left by the end of the day....

Maybe it's alphabetical? Can the people who have got the call maybe verify this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Maybe it's alphabetical? Can the people who have got the call maybe verify this?

Hope not. I'm a b... Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Feel bad for the boy here I'm coaching I'm constantly on this!

I'm thinking it's the first people to clear vetting get the call and then everyone else falls in behind them when they get the green light from vetting and everything else is completed ..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

its got to be people who have passed vetting in order of highest ac score surely, but maybe they factor in having certain number of females/males old/young to even out the groups a bit as well. I'm mid 70's ac and not holding out much hope until 5/10 weeks time as there are possibly about 200 awaiting a call before today started?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

Can anyone confirm if they've had a call AFTER 12? Someone said earlier the calls were to stop at 12 :( for today anyway

I cannot foresee any problems with my own vetting as I have been vetted to a pretty high level twice in the last 3 years and there was no issue. I hope anyway

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying anyone has a problem with vetting, I just think they 'google' people and whoever ticks the boxes first gets a phone call and then everyone else as they clear is on a 'to call list'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

Sdcharger wrote: »
    its got to be people who have passed vetting in order of highest ac score surely, but maybe they factor in having certain number of females/males old/young to even out the groups a bit as well. I'm mid 70's ac and not holding out much hope until 5/10 weeks time as there are possibly about 200 awaiting a call before today started?

They don't take all the high scores at once. Creates a knowledge gap in classes. There are 80/70/60s mixed through each squad. Sittin here with a serving lad.

I'm in!!!!!! Ah over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

What was your score JB?

Hopefully I'll be getting a call soon!

• Advertisement

Ac 73

• Registered Users Posts: 7 s313

Missed called this morning from an unknown number just got rung back and offered a place in the next intake!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

s313 wrote: »
    Missed called this morning from an unknown number just got rung back and offered a place in the next intake!

Within the last hour? Well done!!!!

Mission accomplished!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

boblaw88 wrote: »
    I'M IN!!!!!!!
    well done you!
    enjoy the new life!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

congrats to all you lucky people!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Medical passed! Think it's a bit late for this intake but here's hoping for next month

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

boblaw88 wrote: »
    They don't take all the high scores at once. Creates a knowledge gap in classes. There are 80/70/60s mixed through each squad. Sittin here with a serving lad.

I'm not sure this is true as no one below 66 has received vetting forms and the rest of us with scores in the 60s have only been given further info recently.

Also, I'm not looking to get into an argument but it seems churlish to suggest that someone who scored, say 90, is much more knowledgeable than someone who scored 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Can't use my phone in work and when I left I had 4 missed calls and a voicemail to ring back with an extension number in relation to a job offer. Pretty sure that was the call. Just outta 8-8 shift so obviously couldn't phone.

Don't want to jump the gun too quick, but i hope i'm in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Belfastm wrote: »
    Can't use my phone in work and when I left I had 4 missed calls and a voicemail to ring back with an extension number in relation to a job offer. Pretty sure that was the call. Just outta 8-8 shift so obviously couldn't phone.

Don't want to jump the gun too quick, but i hope i'm in!

Sounds like it bud! Horribly cruel if not ha

Advertisement