Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Just googled the number they left and it is a police line. The suspense is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

Sounds promising for you, hope so!! So are we thinking there'll be more calls
    Tomorrow? How long did they spend telling batch one they were in??
    Exhausted from the anticipation :/

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Hope everyone still waiting gets that phone call today! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Hope everyone still waiting gets that phone call today! Good luck.

Seconded. I'm sure the remainder of those people waiting, especially from the first group, will hear today.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Any calls gone out today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

JayC90 wrote: »
    Any calls gone out today?
    I don't know JayC. I haven't heard a thing yet and there's no sign so far of anyone on here getting word today so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Aint looking good is it!

No calls today it would appear

All very quiet on here today folks. Understandably as there are a few of us very nervous/disappointed but can anyone comment on whether or not there were calls today and if not why not. Seems strange that it was Thursday an Friday last batch but only Thursday this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Clanman889 wrote: »
    All very quiet on here today folks. Understandably as there are a few of us very nervous/disappointed but can anyone comment on whether or not there were calls today and if not why not. Seems strange that it was Thursday an Friday last batch but only Thursday this time.

Maybe actually phoned everyone on first day. Who knows. Hang in there. No point second guessing. You haven't got a no so stay positive

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

I cut their phone lines due to jealousy. SORRY EVERYONE :D

In fairness quite a few got the call yesterday so that could be it for now

The reward for two day waiting anxiously is 5 more weeks waiting. Save us all. At least we're ahead of lots of others in the process so hopefully those who missed this intake will be in the third intake for sure. Back to porridge for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Only thing is if the team of people who make the calls work in Belfast they may not be working today because of the Giro. I know several civil servants who work in town who were given the day off. Just a suggestion.....

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Only thing is if the team of people who make the calls work in Belfast they may not be working today because of the Giro. I know several civil servants who work in town who were given the day off. Just a suggestion.....
    Hail to this sort of high level optimism. Bless your cotton socks. Been dragging my heels with my bottom lip tripping me all day 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

There will be a lot of people who got calls that are not on this forum..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Had a missed call yesterday. Phoned this morning and verbally confirmed job offer. Sit tight guys, it will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pleasecall!

Well what now no call yet was in group 2a with everything thing done with no call
    Am I wrong to hope for a call next week ???
    Anybody else in the same boat
    How many more groups will they take ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

With the amount of people on the boards receiving calls I'd say its more than likely that the intake is full and it will be 5 weeks before more calls. It seems from the posts it was mainly group 1 and the very highest of ac scores from group 2a that got selected, with the amount of people in group 2a I would say the next 2 intakes will be made up with people predominantly from group 2a. I'm mid 70's in group 2a and won't start to panic until 2 intakes time if I still have heard nothing, could be a long 10 weeks. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Sdcharger wrote: »
    With the amount of people on the boards receiving calls I'd say its more than likely that the intake is full and it will be 5 weeks before more calls. It seems from the posts it was mainly group 1 and the very highest of ac scores from group 2a that got selected, with the amount of people in group 2a I would say the next 2 intakes will be made up with people predominantly from group 2a. I'm mid 70's in group 2a and won't start to panic until 2 intakes time if I still have heard nothing, could be a long 10 weeks. Fingers crossed!
    Logical thoughts buddy. I was very disappointed earlier today but we are lucky to be through the process this quickly and with the standard as high as it seems to be we can't really complain. Just got to be patient and hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

Hey guys, I was in the first group to go through pct and medical, passed both but still no call. Got an A at my ACT too. Is there any way to find out where on merit list you are as I'm due to renew contract in my current employment soon and would prefer to know where I stand. If I re-engage w/ current employer I'll have to buy myself out of my contract. Medical letter said PSNI will be in touch soon, that was on the 21st March. Just find it really unprofessional to leave a load of us hanging like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

They are maybe wanting to mix the groups up so they do not have all really high scorers in first group and then lower and lower etc. If your vetting is ok, there will be no reason why not. Though your in your position I would call them, though as I have said in another thread they will really not tell you much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

Hey guys, I was in the first group to go through pct and medical, passed both but still no call. Got an A at my ACT too. Is there any way to find out where on merit list you are as I'm due to renew contract in my current employment soon and would prefer to know where I stand. If I re-engage w/ current employer I'll have to buy myself out of my contract. Medical letter said PSNI will be in touch soon, that was on the 21st March. Just find it really unprofessional to leave a load of us hanging like this.

You know you've passed everything apart from the security checks, even if there's nothing you know of that could be an issue they can take quite a long time.
    I'm in group 2, passed everything and sitting on an A in AC, however, I have a huge family, and one sibling is in Australia, ones in England, and one is in Scotland. Realistically this will take much much longer to check out than say, someone with one or two or even no siblings. Patience isn't necessarily a virtue that I possess so I know how you feel, just hang in there!! Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

So, still all quiet for everyone?

CDizzle wrote: »
    So, still all quiet for everyone?

Next calls won't be going out til 12 June I think.

I was hoping there'd be some movement on PCA dates and vetting forms for those of us still to receive them at some point soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Same here

CDizzle wrote: »
    I was hoping there'd be some movement on PCA dates and vetting forms for those of us still to receive them at some point soon.
    Ah right, sorry thought you were holding out for THEE call

• Advertisement

Dekkers wrote: »
    Ah right, sorry thought you were holding out for THEE call

I'm a bit away from that yet! Hoping that i'll have completed all remaining hurdles by July.

Advertisement