Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

CDizzle wrote: »
    I'm a bit away from that yet! Hoping that i'll have completed all remaining hurdles by July.

Ah ok. What did you score at AC then? Only ask cos I have PCA date and vetting returned and will be lucky to finish by July myself

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I'm being optimistic with July then! Got 62% at AC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

i think the 2nd batch has just got calls......starting then maybe end of next month (approx) .....3rd batch finishing online learning....so they may be called end of next month, to start approx august.........then, i think so far we are technically 4th batch ( please correct me if wrong), which i reckon whoever gets through from this group could be looking at sept/oct start date (if lucky)......just working on the 5 week starting scenario....could be entirely wrong of course!

So i probably shouldn't expect a PCA date until July or August possibly?

the actual date?- i'd reckon so to be honest - you get plenty of notice for some ectra training (well, we did)

• Advertisement

So i probably shouldn't expect a PCA date until July or August possibly?

It's hard to say. There are still people who scored 66 waiting on vetting/pca so there could be quite a wait for scorers in low 60s.

sorry Cdizzle-- have to agree with Dekkers....just realised you said you had 62... i was one of the 66 who got their dates, but defo some folks on same who havent anything as yet.

I was trying to be optimistic and hope they'd be processing groups every 5 weeks, looks like a long wait, lots of training and getting ready for the IST in the next campaign!

even processing every 5 weeks, it seems slow as only small intake numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

vickmackey wrote: »
    even processing every 5 weeks, it seems slow as only small intake numbers.

I reckon the next groups will be bigger than the first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

IMMM INNNNNNNNN

I was trying to be optimistic and hope they'd be processing groups every 5 weeks, looks like a long wait, lots of training and getting ready for the IST in the next campaign!

Definitely stick with the optimism. The only thing we know is that we don't know! There could be a low number of low scorers for instance.

Dekkers wrote: »
    Definitely stick with the optimism. The only thing we know is that we don't know! There could be a low number of low scorers for instance.

What did you score at AC? They're at the 66% mark now, 4% has never felt like such a massive gap!

student15 wrote: »
    IMMM INNNNNNNNN
    well done!!!!:D just find out????????????:confused:

student15 wrote: »
    IMMM INNNNNNNNN

Well done! You get a call today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Goose2301

Congrats ! :) good work.
    I'm AC 80% and still waiting .. seem to be cherry picking people from 'batches' and early and late AC dates?

I want my phone to ring .. 'Darth Vader ringtone' lol

I assume they are mixing groups up with different scores maybe?

Well in my opinion they could do with a few low 60's in there...

is right!! defo need more in 60s!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Goose2301

our class would be the right mix IMO :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pleasecall!

Well done student. You had a long wait I was disheartened because I have A score but not called yet but can't figure out how they select each group !

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

So basically after getting your medical pass and not hearing anything from vetting regarding SMT for a week or two it's just a waiting game and keeping your fingers crossed you'll get a phone call for the next intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

So basically after getting your medical pass and not hearing anything from vetting regarding SMT for a week or two it's just a waiting game and keeping your fingers crossed you'll get a phone call for the next intake?

Spot on buddy. This thread's gone a bit quiet since all the phone calls for second intake went out. It'll flare up again around the second week in June when we hope the third intake calls will start. When did you get the medical pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Clanman889 wrote: »
    Spot on buddy. This thread's gone a bit quiet since all the phone calls for second intake went out. It'll flare up again around the second week in June when we hope the third intake calls will start. When did you get the medical pass?

I got my pass just before the last calls went out, 4th May I think it would've been. Didn't get my hopes up for a call that soon though as I doubted the SMT would've been back by then. Yourself mate? You're dead right about this place being dead though! Everyone's probably in the same boat (no matter what stage they're at) of wishing they could fast forward time a few weeks/months!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Literally the same got my medical pass the week before calls went out and hoped I'd be lucky but guess the testing needs time to process. One week of the 5 week wait gone now just gotta keep counting them off and then hope that the rest of us second batch folks get selected for the third intake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Had my medical a few days ago, hope ive done it in time for the 3rd round of calls (if ive passed that is)

Mines just over a week away. Hope that puts me in line for third :-S could be forth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Does anyone have an email address for recruitment? As is PSNI people, not deloitte people. If you don't want to post it on here then a PM would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Goose2301 wrote: »
    Congrats ! :) good work.
    I'm AC 80% and still waiting .. seem to be cherry picking people from 'batches' and early and late AC dates?

I want my phone to ring .. 'Darth Vader ringtone' lol

Imperial March??? Love the ringtone option!! If I'm ever stupid enough to marry I'm walking down the aisle to this!!!! Sorry TMI lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

So who all has passed everything and waiting on the next round of calls? Anyone still from the first batch of people to pass pca , medical Etc and still waiting?

Advertisement