Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

So who all has passed everything and waiting on the next round of calls? Anyone still from the first batch of people to pass pca , medical Etc and still waiting?

I've passed everything. I was part of group 2a and I had my medical on the 2nd May, busting to get into the next intake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

So who all has passed everything and waiting on the next round of calls? Anyone still from the first batch of people to pass pca , medical Etc and still waiting?

Passed everything too. Was 2b online and did my medical mid May. Just waiting now. I heard 2nd batch got calls start/mid may. Fingers crossed I hear something for the next lot, but I'd be happy with any intake as long as I get lol

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

Yeah me to. I have a medical next week, so hoping im in with a shout for next intake.

Yeah me to. I have a medical next week, so hoping im in with a shout for next intake.

Good luck, you should be grand. I was concerned about an old knee injury but a few squats and hoping across the room did the trick lol. Drs and nurse are lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Mop a top wrote: »
    Good luck, you should be grand. I was concerned about an old knee injury but a few squats and hoping across the room did the trick lol. Drs and nurse are lovely.

Yeah everyone puts you at ease, even the guy taking chunks out of your hair! Can't wait for the start of June! Hopefully all us waiting here will get the call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Yeah everyone puts you at ease, even the guy taking chunks out of your hair! Can't wait for the start of June! Hopefully all us waiting here will get the call.

same here, best of luck to everyone!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

I had been sitting down for so long that when it got time to do the squats my knee joints were popping like mad! Was worried they'd fail me for old man joints in a young man's body :P lol

I had been sitting down for so long that when it got time to do the squats my knee joints were popping like mad! Was worried they'd fail me for old man joints in a young man's body :P lol

should have heard the crack my knee made when i squatted, the doctor near cringed, but didn't have any pain or difficulty moving it so all was good! I did think for a split second that my knee making such a dodgy sound would have messed things up....

Well as far as I see it we've done two weeks of waiting so far and it hasn't been TOO bad, only 3 to go until next phone calls I think! Anyone else tempted to book it off work to be able to sit beside their phone all day? Haha for once I'm actually glad of uni keeping me busy.

IM well tempted! Have asked for late shifts so i can be glued to my phone during the day...can barely get signal in work so hopefully they will grant my request :)

• Advertisement

Thanks :) only thing that worries me is hearing in right ear, though saying that I have passed the medical three times. :D

Thanks :) only thing that worries me is hearing in right ear, though saying that I have passed the medical three times. :D

Apparently I have a slight hearing impairment in one ear that I hadn't a clue about and I passed. Should be ok if you've passed before bit good luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14 THFC1882

Passed everything and also waiting on 'the call'. Was part of 2a for Online Learning and passed medical in Mid April. Is anyone that is still waiting, going to apply again in the new campaign?

What was your AC score if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 THFC1882

What was your AC score if you dont mind me asking?

I got an A*.

THFC1882 wrote: »
    I got an A*.

Flip. I do think they are gonna mix groups up. You should deffo get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Part of 2A myself. Hoping for the call in June too. Missed out last intake probably as medical was only a few days prior to calls going out. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

THFC1882 wrote: »
    Passed everything and also waiting on 'the call'. Was part of 2a for Online Learning and passed medical in Mid April. Is anyone that is still waiting, going to apply again in the new campaign?

If we are this far don't think there's anything stopping us getting in. Don't think I'll reapply.

As a previous post said, they wouldn't spend hundreds on a drugs test if they wernt intending on offering that person a position, its the very last stage and my reckoning is that they don't send people for that stage unless everything else is cleared....as in the vetting.

I hope you're right!! Trying to stay positive but the wait feels like forever!!!

• Advertisement

I hope you're right!! Trying to stay positive but the wait feels like forever!!!

me too, my head isn't in my current job at all at the minute.....

pcplod wrote: »
    me too, my head isn't in my current job at all at the minute.....

Self employed single mum of 3, I'll swap you for a couple of weeks lol!!!

Self employed single mum of 3, I'll swap you for a couple of weeks lol!!!

deal! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

pcplod wrote: »
    As a previous post said, they wouldn't spend hundreds on a drugs test if they wernt intending on offering that person a position, its the very last stage and my reckoning is that they don't send people for that stage unless everything else is cleared....as in the vetting.

I had my drugs test last month and my vetting still hasn't cleared... Out of the 5 checks they do only two are back, doesn't necessarily indicate a problem, I've a big family and some take longer than others, my drugs test was passed weeks ago but I'm still waiting... sorry to disappoint, but an invitation to drugs tests doesn't mean your vetting has cleared :(

Chicken82 wrote: »
    I had my drugs test last month and my vetting still hasn't cleared... Out of the 5 checks they do only two are back, doesn't necessarily indicate a problem, I've a big family and some take longer than others, my drugs test was passed weeks ago but I'm still waiting... sorry to disappoint, but an invitation to drugs tests doesn't mean your vetting has cleared :(

Stupid question but how do you know that 2 out of 5 are back? I haven't heard a thing and mine was off mid march.

Stupid question but how do you know that 2 out of 5 are back? I haven't heard a thing and mine was off mid march.

I would like to know that myself! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Dutch Rudder....? Interesting username.. something you want to share hahahahaha

Dutch Rudder....? Interesting username.. something you want to share hahahahaha

Well....I WAS hoping to save that for GV hahaha

Chicken82 wrote: »

how do u know that? Just out of curiosity? And what are the 5 checks??? And if they only contact u if there's a problem how would u have found out?

• Advertisement

I doubt very much they would give details about your vetting and how far its progressed over the phone.....

Advertisement